News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY RANT ON MEMBERS FOR PROFIT !

Started by skip68, December 18, 2010, 03:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 16, 2011, 01:23:05 PM
chill cavey. hes the bad guy. and ur thread is no big deal. start a new thread when the car comes in and add pics and ignore the guy. sooner or later it will come full circle for him.

:iagree: Post another one when you get your car and that way the crap wont be on the new thread  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

Nvrbdn, I wasn't responding to what you said but I understand what you mean.  No problamo.   I know this is beating a dead horse to some of you BUT, I'm going to ride this horse until Troy says to stop and tells one of us (me or dixie lee) to leave.   I know I can be a pain in the ass, but all of you that know me know I mean well.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mrs.Caveman

no need to chill and im not cavy to you nvrbdn,dont think we are friends!its not about the thread,couldnt care less about it!its him being a lier and people taking his side!i have bought a car and waiting for it!i moved on and dont give a dam about dickxe!ask yourself this-why does he do this?i never done anything to him what is his reason?dont tell me if someone is bashing you then you wouldnt fight back!

skip68

It's ok Mrs. Caveman...  I don't think nvbdn is against you.  I don't want to see this thread go bad.   We all agree about what's going on and that's what's important.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mrs.Caveman

all i care about is my car,cant wait to have her and drive her!cant wait to work on her and make her preaty!

jb666

Cooter

Attaboy Skip, afterall, if he's not willing to pay My $2500.00 for set of Vectors, he should be well ready to "Snatch up" a good deal like $2200.00 for your set....I think I will sell my entire collection of Vectors to this gentleman (All 4 of 'em), for the "Special hook-up" price of $40k for all 8...

(You Can see where I'm going with this.....)
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

You know Cooter, I don't think what you are doing is right or funny...  For $40k you better at least let the tires go with the wheels.   I'm thinking $30k is a fair price for 8 wheels and no tires.  Hahaha....

TylerCharger69

Boy!!!  Did this topic open up cans of worms!!!

General_01

Isn't having multiple screen names against board policy? :shruggy:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Khyron

how else am I going to talk to myself?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Bobs69

Hey I think I've been censored!  I left a post with a copy of the PM dixie lee left for me with a couple of editorial notes of my own and now I don't see it here!  Opps actually that may be on another thread.

"any 68 69 70 chargers in NY" I believe it was.............

Bobs69

Quote from: The70RT on January 16, 2011, 11:05:18 AM
Quote from: The70RT on January 15, 2011, 10:17:43 PM
Quote from: Bobs69 on January 15, 2011, 09:46:05 PM
Why is it that under his alias "dixee lee" it always says 0 posts.  Do you not get credit for posts made in the wanted/for sale section?

Right.

Then again....they have posted in other threads, go figure?

Interesting, very interesting.  Things that make you go hmmmmmm.  How can someone post and not have it counted......  seriously how can that happen!

Bobs69

Here is a copy of my post from the other thread.

Here is a copy of a PM dixie lee sent to me.  He just can't get some things thru his head.  Like the fact that he would send the wheels WHEN he got the money order from me. 

It's not like he sent the wheels and had to wait for me to send him the money.  I was even good enough to send him a cheque for half the difference of the shipping costs.  He errored during negotiating the price including shipping.

Hey maybe I'm totally mental!  Could be....along with everyone else posting here.   Oh, I have relatives in the States so .................really? 

I see so you like to pass judgement? Hmm after you get your wheels... I see..  Keep talking I am sure we can rehash things..  I am up for it because really now are you really have something to say after I waited for you to send money he purchase that it took you weeks to send after you gave me your word.. Now really does this sound smart? I should have cancelled them. I see how much you appreciate &  respect people here in the U.S.A. Don't be jealous of what I own.. Take that hate out on someone that cares..

Bobs69

Ahhh HA!  I found it.  Now we all no "buyer beware".  But that doesn't mean we all have to take an a$$ pounding like I did.  Boy did my re-newed excitement for the car teach me another lesson. 

But I digressssssssss,,  here is an example of a Black List from an archery site.  I loved it.  Names number and addresses.  hahahahhahahaha.  This is a community, a neighbourhood if you will and Skip68 is the leader of our neighbourhood watch!

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announcement.php?f=8&a=97

Khyron

asshat or not, i do not agree with giving peoples numbers and address's out on a public forum.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

I don't know how to say this without sounding rude.... I don't want to be the leader.   I don't want to get 10,000 pm's.  BUT, I won't turn my back on any of you that want to tell me something and just don't want to post it here. I know most don't want to get involved and that's fine.  I knew when I started this thread I would get a ton of pm's and take a little heat.  I'm ok with that.  So, I will be the leader of this thread and welcome all pm's.  Don't think that I don't want to hear what you have to say, because I do.  I saw a problem, I spoke up, and here we are today........  I guess I've gotten so much from this site over all the years that part of me feels I need to look out for others here.  It may sound corny but, that's how I feel.     Your dumb leader, skip68...   Chuck.

skip68

Yes 100% Jason.  I think a user name is enough.  Any other info is just asking for trouble...  PLEASE, DON'T POST ANY PERSONAL INFO ON HERE ABOUT DIXIE LEE OR ANYBODY....

FLG

I'm all for shouting ppl out because they screwed someone, but you guys are just making a mess of the wanted section by trying to implement your internet vigillante justice. Use the report to moderator button and let the ppl who are here to deal with it take care of things.

jaak

I think at the very least there ought to be a thread, to make a warning list of sellers (not just here, but through ebay, moparts, ect.) that could be stickied at the top of the page, that way there will be a list of 'red flags' for the potential consumer to check out. And if the moderator believes that someone is jumping to conclusions or just trying to hurt someones reputation, they can simply delete that post.
Just an idea,

Jason

General_01

Quote from: FLG on January 16, 2011, 11:18:01 PM
I'm all for shouting ppl out because they screwed someone, but you guys are just making a mess of the wanted section by trying to implement your internet vigillante justice. Use the report to moderator button and let the ppl who are here to deal with it take care of things.

So making people aware of a con man is making a mess of the wanted section? How? Is it making it hard for you to read dixie lee's threads? And the moderators do seem to be aware of this and he is still allowed to post. I know other people who have been banned for multiple screen names. This guy has 3 for sure.

The guy scams you and then harasses you afterwards. This asshat promised to buy some rims from me and then never sent money. I contacted him twice within a week of the phone conversation. He never responded, but came on the board multiple times to post his wanted and for sale ads. He finally responded when I sent him a message 3 weeks later thanking him for being a total a#$hole. His excuse was that a deal he couldn't pass up came up and he didn't have the money for my rims he already said he would buy. Total dick. He offered to buy them then, but I won't deal with lying pricks. The initial deal was right before Mopars in the Park here, but I did not take my wheels there to sell because I had made a deal with him. So I missed out on a prime oppertunity to sell because he doesn't know how to keep his word. He has a bad rap on the CGLFC board as well. Nobody's picking on a first time offender here FLG and getting rid of him could only help the board as far as I am concerened.

Sorry for the rant and I know the moderators do their best, but if they want us to police ourselves then this is how it's going to be done.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TUFCAT

FLG

Quote from: General_01 on January 16, 2011, 11:40:00 PM
Quote from: FLG on January 16, 2011, 11:18:01 PM

So making people aware of a con man is making a mess of the wanted section? How? Is it making it hard for you to read dixie lee's threads? And the moderators do seem to be aware of this and he is still allowed to post. I know other people who have been banned for multiple screen names. This guy has 3 for sure.

The guy scams you and then harasses you afterwards. This asshat promised to buy some rims from me and then never sent money. I contacted him twice within a week of the phone conversation. He never responded, but came on the board multiple times to post his wanted and for sale ads. He finally responded when I sent him a message 3 weeks later thanking him for being a total a#$hole. His excuse was that a deal he couldn't pass up came up and he didn't have the money for my rims he already said he would buy. Total dick. He offered to buy them then, but I won't deal with lying pricks. The initial deal was right before Mopars in the Park here, but I did not take my wheels there to sell because I had made a deal with him. So I missed out on a prime oppertunity to sell because he doesn't know how to keep his word. He has a bad rap on the CGLFC board as well. Nobody's picking on a first time offender here FLG and getting rid of him could only help the board as far as I am concerened.

Sorry for the rant and I know the moderators do their best, but if they want us to police ourselves then this is how it's going to be done.

But thats NOT what there doing, there not in the wanted section posting under threads saying "Beware person is a con artist" all thats going on is people posting in threads making jokes and sarcastic remarks.

Stooping down to that persons level is not how a situation should be handled, post up something meaningful and insightful, dont throw random sarcastic remarks at someone. And finally, use the report to moderator function.

Someone might not have very good ethics, making promises and breaking them is not how one should conduct him or herself...but that alone does not make them a con artist. Im not standing up for anyone, if it happened once well maybe that person made a mistake...if it happens all the time than yeah him or her isnt worth your time.....but again that alone does not make them a con artist...a bad person, sure.

68coronetGLwannabe

So if he tells you he will buy your wheels and you take down the ad and he doesn't pay. He bids on your wheels on eBay and wins and doesn't pay. Drags it out for a couple week before telling you how you are wrong and still never pays. Well in both cases it gives him more time to sell his wheels without your competition. Apparently thats not a con its just smart business.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

skip68

What makes him a con man is he is saying he is not a dealer/flipper.  THIS IS A LIE AND DECEIT.  In my book that makes him a crook. The mods know and so does Troy about this guy.  Nothing is being done with this guy so this is what happens.  I won't quit until he is out of the wanted section and something is done about him.  FLG, there is more about this guy other than his bad attitude and emails.  He is pulling a scam in the way he is getting parts.   This is a fact, and what he is doing.