News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY RANT ON MEMBERS FOR PROFIT !

Started by skip68, December 18, 2010, 03:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Quote from: skip68 on January 08, 2011, 08:42:34 PM
All I know is I smell a Hans.   I have heard lots of complaints about this guy.  I've seen his post and how he does stuff and I'm saying it stinks.   

I sent you a PM..............

Bobs69

You'd think that everyone in this guys home town would know what a prick he is, I was unfurtunate enough to deal with him, then find out about him later, so if anyone wants some vectors!!

Anyhow, he's from a small town, population is like 10 000.  Everyone there must know what he's like!  Someon with an orange car would stick out like a sore thumb.

nvrbdn

skip has some good ideas and is headed in the right direction on how to corral this kind of action. i really am not a computer wizzard so dont know how this is all possible, but  hes got the right place to start. a list with the ability to ban if it continues, and seperate listing area for flippers and full price sellers.and with troy's blessing, mabey something will be done.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Darkman

I would honestly hope that this does not stop genuine deals to be made. For example:

I needed the top section only of the rear quarter and I was only asking as I needed it. Ray (aka 69 Charger Man) offered me his for cost of delivery and a few bucks to package it. Now we all know how much a full 1/4 costs plus delivery to Aus, the panel would cost me over $2000 for the small section. He offered it to me, I asked if he could cut it down for me (to save on costs) which he did. Turns out postage was very cheap, so I got what I needed (delivered to my door) for $130 (postage was only $100). I was happy to pay extra for the cutting of the panel as I still got a solid panel for peanuts. Ray got a few bucks for something he may have thrown away and I got what I needed....would I sell it on...no as I needed it. I bought some front park lights from John (aka Hitman) for a good price too. I would hope that these members aren't frightened to sell now for a good price because of fear of on selling.

We all know that restorations of these magnificent cars takes time (especially if you do it yourself), so a part might be bought at the time but later on in the build that part may no longer be needed (for whatever reason), does this mean they can not sell it on (I would but it would be at a lower price than I paid for it)?

We all want to be protected from crooks, but I hope it is not at the expense of good deals to be made, especially for us guys Down Under who rely on good hearted folks like yourselves. Chuck, I agree with you 100% about making it difficult for these guys to on sell for a quick buck and applaud your efforst in making them known  :2thumbs:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

skip68

Thank you Darkman.   Nothing will change if it goes my way other than a few less scammers.  People buy and sell all the time but you can tell the dealers from regular members pretty easy if you take the time.  Thanks to all for your support and ideas.   I just hope we can make things better.    Chuck.....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Question---.  If all you did on a web site or ebay was buy and sell art, would it be fair to say you are an art dealer ??????.   I thought so.   Well, Dixie Lee is trying to say he's not a dealer.  He posted again asking for Vector wheels in the parts wanted section and still has 20 for sale in the parts for sell section.   He is liar and DOES NOT NEED THESE WHEELS FOR HIS CAR, HE HAS 20 FOR SALE....  This LIAR needs to go...   How many members will it take saying this guy is a jerk ??? And how many post will it take of this guy asking for parts he already has for sale and saying he's not a dealer/flipper ???? How much will it take to get rid of him ????.  He sent me 2 pm's bashing other members and telling me he is not a dealr/flipper. I asked him what does he call a guy that only buys and sells here and parts he is asking for are the same parts he's selling ???.   I told him I'm trying to stop people like him from posting in the wanted sections.   So, in spite, I get no response but he post again in the parts for sale section claiming not to be a dealer/flipper....  That is an out & out LIE....

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Bobs69

Why is it that under his alias "dixee lee" it always says 0 posts.  Do you not get credit for posts made in the wanted/for sale section?

The70RT

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 15, 2011, 09:46:05 PM
Why is it that under his alias "dixee lee" it always says 0 posts.  Do you not get credit for posts made in the wanted/for sale section?

Right.

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

General_01

Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2011, 08:31:56 PM
Question---.  If all you did on a web site or ebay was buy and sell art, would it be fair to say you are an art dealer ??????.   I thought so.   Well, Dixie Lee is trying to say he's not a dealer.  He posted again asking for Vector wheels in the parts wanted section and still has 20 for sale in the parts for sell section.   He is liar and DOES NOT NEED THESE WHEELS FOR HIS CAR, HE HAS 20 FOR SALE....  This LIAR needs to go...   How many members will it take saying this guy is a jerk ??? And how many post will it take of this guy asking for parts he already has for sale and saying he's not a dealer/flipper ???? How much will it take to get rid of him ????.  He sent me 2 pm's bashing other members and telling me he is not a dealr/flipper. I asked him what does he call a guy that only buys and sells here and parts he is asking for are the same parts he's selling ???.   I told him I'm trying to stop people like him from posting in the wanted sections.   So, in spite, I get no response but he post again in the parts for sale section claiming not to be a dealer/flipper....  That is an out & out LIE....

Chuck, don't let him get to you. He is just trying to get your goat because there is nothing you can do about untruthful bums like him. Just keep spreading the word. That's all you can do. Did you read his ranting pm he sent to Bob? Mine look pretty much the same. His word is worthless and his actions show his low moral character. You can't talk to snakes Chuck. They don't speak the same language as you and I.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

You are right Dean.  I saw that Cooter posted in dixie lee's wanted ad for Vectors...  I guess if Cooter is willing to sell to him I guess I can sell mine to.  I will sell mine cheaper than Cooter just to help this member out.  I'm thinking $2200 with tires.....

bmoparmofo

I agree that it sucks to have someone try to flip your parts when you thought you were doing them a favor. The current ad dixie lee has over there for the wheels cracks me up. Other than a list of the persons id's, I'm not sure what would work. I havent sold anything here yet, only bought. Everything I have bought is still in the garage or on the car. Whenever I get my car together I will most likely sell some of my parts that are extra, and same as you, sell them here and hope they go to someone that really needs the part. I have met some great people through the site, its a shame that some dont have the right idea by lowballing and flipping parts. Sorry you got burned, it does wreck a perfectly good idea for helping other members out. I tend to look through the persons previous posts to get an idea of who they are, if they are spending time outside of the classified ads etc..
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Tilar

I definitely agree with a certain post count before posting in the for sale section. There are a number of people that have 20 or 30 posts in the for sale section and nothing anywhere else so it shows them a 0 post count. It makes them look like vultures to me.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

skip68

Hahaha...  I need any member smarter than me that can paste/copy his ads here.  He keeps changing his ads as we go.  Now he changed his for sale ad. He was selling all wheels but now says he wants to go with 15" on his car but his other ad says he still wants 14"-15"..  This guy is reaching and on a downhill slide... It's funny how things keep changing.all of you with bad emails from this guy get them ready to post.  Hey Dixie, do these words ring any bells?.  "I sold your wheels for 2 times what I gave you for them haha" ????. That is from one of your nasty emails to a member here.  But we are wrong to pick on poor little dixie lee.  He just wants to help people but has problems with most that deal with him.   Who's the problem???.  There are to many people having bad dealings with you for it to be anyone other than you. 

elacruze

This *is* a community. We could vote him off the Island, and appeal to the King.  ;)
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

ACUDANUT

nvrbdn

just step lightly skip, mrs cave got locked. i dont know what their deal was, but you guys have been calling out lee since ive been on here and anyone that far away should have seen that on posts, or asked someone to look at the car and anyone would have told her what she was getting in to. i wouldnt spend that kind of cash without having it verified.and did i read it wrong, or was she dealing on a car with no motor or trans? but enough of that, i guess lee is complaining of your treatment. guess your heating up the floor under his feet. doin the hot dance :smilielol: truck on skip, just dont do anything to get this locked or it goes away with the wind and new people comming through wont be warned :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

READ this from Dixie Lee (awesome name stolen from a questionable person of the north)
"Quote from: police1 on November 15, 2010, 04:35:10 PM
be carefull guys. i was dealing with her to sell my general lee i have on here for sale. sent her all the info she needed and basically "played along" for a while. we had agreed on a price and all and then she all of the sudden emails me to tell me she was looking at another one all of the sudden and basically was playing me to lower my price. honestly unless you guys like to play with people on here i would stay away. just my two cents...

From Dixie lee: "I am having troubles with Mrs. Caveman as well... Seems like she doesn't have the money either.. I read your statement which I found ironic.. She's looking for that right car but when she replies she says she doesn't have the amount I am asking. Well that's OK.. then move on as she asked for my email to start.. I agree... Weird people!!! "
SEE PAGE 3 ON >>>http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,75284.msg865965.html#msg865965

The70RT

Quote from: The70RT on January 15, 2011, 10:17:43 PM
Quote from: Bobs69 on January 15, 2011, 09:46:05 PM
Why is it that under his alias "dixee lee" it always says 0 posts.  Do you not get credit for posts made in the wanted/for sale section?

Right.

Then again....they have posted in other threads, go figure?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

Acudanut made me go back in time.  I read the whole Mrs. Cave thread.  She clearly said she had $20k for a car.. Dixie posted her search is over and contact him... He wants $26k for his, it's more than she said she could spend, he won't drop the price so she's the jerk ??????.  Then he brings it up after she moved on and bought a car.  He warns us to watch out, she has no money.  This shows that dicksee lee just don't read.  He seeks her out, reals her in on a car she already said is over her limit, then he's mad and beats her up with nasty emails that she played him and comes here to bash her.  WTF is wrong with this tool? ????.     

nvrbdn

cool, didnt know all that happened. i just read that she had bought a car and then he says what he says. so she bought the car from someone else and then he comes back and says she screwed him. makes more sense now since i knew she was only looking for a #'s matching car. i thought by the threads comming down, that she had bought from him this time around, and tons of people would have told her to stay away.  guess i misread the posts. so she still has already bought her car and its on the way. cool. thats what i guess i misunderstood.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

but also let me add in case you misread my post that i never said she had done anything wrong he made it sound like she was after a car that she said had no motor. i was just asking knowing she wanted a complete car. and i figured that if she had talked to anyone on here we would have told her not to do business with him. im not blaming for anything except mabey trusting people too much. now i hope that sounds more clear.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mrs.Caveman

why do i get locked?i have done nothing wrong but trying to clear my name!dickxe lee sent me a post saying he has a car what i was looking for.my ad said 69 number matching driver around$20k.so i thought i send him an email the email adress he gave me.he sent back what he had.a car with no motor,transmission and no interior for$26k.i said that is not what i want and said thanks bye.then he started to send me emails calling me all kinda names!and now people think i have something bad and got my thread locked!this doesnt sound chivarly to me!skip 68 trying to get rid of that jerk!he cosed so much problem with a lot of people!thanks CHUCK by the way!i have bought a car and postd up on my thread 22nd december from a member over here!so dickxe lee is posting bad stuff about me!but hey,take his side,feel sorry for him cuz he is picked on!dont care!and people should read the whole story before taking sides!

nvrbdn

chill cavey. hes the bad guy. and ur thread is no big deal. start a new thread when the car comes in and add pics and ignore the guy. sooner or later it will come full circle for him.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House