News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

why dont you like the new chargers?

Started by Mrs.Caveman, December 17, 2010, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerjy9

Quote from: DustinSimmonds on December 23, 2010, 05:44:21 PM
In my opinion I think the new Chargers look an awful lot like the 66 and 67's. If you look at that generation they could have easily fit in an extra set of doors. So I believe that the new Chargers do have some retro look but still hold their own as a new installment in the series. Also with the new 2011 coming out it does show cues to the 2nd generation but not a whole lot it actually takes a lot from the 99 concept... The current Charger excels in its class right now and with the Challenger and Viper taking the two door slot the Charger will not be a two door again till the Challenger disappears. We all want the Charger to go super retro but think of it this way, the Charger can't always live in its 60's and 70's shadow. Right now it is a muscle car but a practical one. So again till Dodge ditches the Challenger we wont see a two door. :shruggy:

AMEN   RIGHT ON!!!!
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Brock Samson

i don't like them because of all the threads about them,.. go over to the LX site..  :RantExplode:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: SRT-68 on December 23, 2010, 02:13:36 PM
Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 23, 2010, 02:05:27 PM
If Dodge made a 2 door Charger, I might have bought one. Instead, I just ordered a 2011 Camaro Convertible  :popcrn:

The fact that the Charger has four doors is a lame reason to buy a Chevy. Dodge does make the Challenger you know? :nana:
That's ok, I like the Camaro better than the Challenger and with two Fords in the garage, I buy what I want, not always brand specific. If it's from the Big Three, I am fine with it  :cheers:

Grim Jhaixus

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 23, 2010, 09:08:17 PM
If Dodge made a 2 door Charger, I might have bought one. Instead, I just ordered a 2011 Camaro Convertible  :popcrn:

The fact that the Charger has four doors is a lame reason to buy a Chevy. Dodge does make the Challenger you know? :nana:
That's ok, I like the Camaro better than the Challenger and with two Fords in the garage, I buy what I want, not always brand specific. If it's from the Big Three, I am fine with it  :cheers:

I think you are my new hero.
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

Nacho-RT74

need to say... I don't like either the 99 concept. It has some nice stuff and ideas, but still wrong with doors and front clip
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Richard Cranium on December 22, 2010, 09:26:09 AM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 22, 2010, 09:03:46 AM

Now we have a... bad ass sedan

The new tail is definately an improvement, but the front end is still fugly, so to add to your above statement...."Now we have a bad nose-nice ass sedan.    :lol:

when I tried to say "bad ass" I thought I was saying something like a nice sedan... Isn't used that Phrase when you want to mean something is NICE ? sorry, not my mother language.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 22, 2010, 09:03:46 AM
5th gen is a mistake, but what brand made it good on those years ? I think just GM Camaro/Firebird... ( but hey, Can we stop to compare Chargers with Camaros ? they are on diff lines ) They saved the concept a little bit with the Magnum

6th gen, maybe not the best but they returned to the original concept of the sporty car ( according with 80s designs so we know what 80s cars bring to us :eyes: ), and they did it on the best 4 cilinder american car ever made

BTW quoting myself to add some. On those years EVERYBODY made it wrong. So we can not blame just Chrysler talking about those generations... NOWDAYS I think we can blame them, Since the rest of brands aren't making it wrong at all.

Hey, Please let it RIP The Charger name! GM and Ford didn't revived Torinos, Chevelles EVEN LESS ON SEDANS.... Well Pontiac did it on the GTO, but, fortunatelly, is death again because the look if you ask me wasn't really good, too much similar to a ricer. ( I think they noticed it was wrong on time )

SRT-68

If Dodge made a 2 door Charger, I might have bought one. Instead, I just ordered a 2011 Camaro Convertible  :popcrn:

That's ok, I like the Camaro better than the Challenger and with two Fords in the garage, I buy what I want, not always brand specific. If it's from the Big Three, I am fine with it  :cheers:

I was just giving you a hard time. :cheers:  Ford really nailed it with the Mustang. I remember when they came out, you took one look at it and thought "Bullit". Had Dodge released the 2 door Charger based on the '99 concept they would have made a killing. I had a lot of Mopar buddies jump ship to Ford when the Mustang came out. But I really think that Chevy tried too hard with the Camaro and changed too many lines from the original. The back is right, the interior is cool but I just can't deal with the pointed nose. The pointed nose is a Pontiac trademark. :Twocents:

DustinSimmonds

I agree with you whole heartedly there the Mustang looks perfect and the Camaro is a little over the top. However i'm not sure if i agree a two door Charger would have done so good coming out in 2006. That was when gas prices were at their worst! So i'm not sure it would have done the best, wrong time is all. The 1999 concept was actually a four door if you didn't know and the 2011 Charger does take a lot of stylings from the 1999 concept. Now that Dodge is under "new management" I think that there is hope for the Charger we all pray for.   :cheers:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: SRT-68 on December 24, 2010, 12:12:06 PM
If Dodge made a 2 door Charger, I might have bought one. Instead, I just ordered a 2011 Camaro Convertible  :popcrn:

That's ok, I like the Camaro better than the Challenger and with two Fords in the garage, I buy what I want, not always brand specific. If it's from the Big Three, I am fine with it  :cheers:

I was just giving you a hard time. :cheers:  Ford really nailed it with the Mustang. I remember when they came out, you took one look at it and thought "Bullit". Had Dodge released the 2 door Charger based on the '99 concept they would have made a killing. I had a lot of Mopar buddies jump ship to Ford when the Mustang came out. But I really think that Chevy tried too hard with the Camaro and changed too many lines from the original. The back is right, the interior is cool but I just can't deal with the pointed nose. The pointed nose is a Pontiac trademark. :Twocents:

No worries - Last week I almost pulled the trigger on a 25 yr old F250 4wd p/u. That, or a Chevy plow truck. Where does it end??  :popcrn:

UH60L

I am curious, how much are you paying for that thing.  I am guesing a convertible will cost alot more........

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: UH60L on December 29, 2010, 12:47:48 AM

I am curious, how much are you paying for that thing.  I am guesing a convertible will cost alot more........

I think the MSRP is $44k. Car is being built in 2 weeks  :popcrn:

UH60L

Wow, that jsut seems like alot of money, not jsut for a camaro, but for any car.  I guess I'm just getting old.  I just paid 16 and change for a 2.5 year old "impala" with a 3.9 v6.  Seems like just a few years ago, that was alot of money to pay for something "almost" new.

I guess I better get to work on winning the lottery.  I figure I've got as much of a chance to win as Dodge has of building a charger that I'd buy any time soon.

Good luck with your new car.  Your not real tall are you?  I only ask because I have heard that the roofline is really low in the new camaro, and some people that were only 6 foot tall had a hard time sitting in it.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: UH60L on December 29, 2010, 11:55:48 AM
Wow, that jsut seems like alot of money, not jsut for a camaro, but for any car.  I guess I'm just getting old.  I just paid 16 and change for a 2.5 year old "impala" with a 3.9 v6.  Seems like just a few years ago, that was alot of money to pay for something "almost" new.

I guess I better get to work on winning the lottery.  I figure I've got as much of a chance to win as Dodge has of building a charger that I'd buy any time soon.

Good luck with your new car.  Your not real tall are you?  I only ask because I have heard that the roofline is really low in the new camaro, and some people that were only 6 foot tall had a hard time sitting in it.
Car is for my wife. I drive a Corvette, daily.

SRT-68

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 29, 2010, 01:30:08 AM
Quote from: UH60L on December 29, 2010, 12:47:48 AM

I think the MSRP is $44k. Car is being built in 2 weeks  :popcrn:

$44k is a great price when you consider that your high end Hundai will run you $42+.  Take a look at what one of those butt ugly Acuras cost and this will feel like a bargain.   I am no Chevy fan but I would drive one every day before I would set foot in one of the cookie cutter asian cars.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I remember when the Hyundais came out in 1986 for $12k - they were junk then... Still, wouldn't buy one today!

My first car was a Chevy, next was Dodge (Charger), then a Pontiac, then a Ford, Chevy, Ford, Jeep, Chevy, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Chevy...where does it end???  :slap:

UH60L

Yeah, exactly, where does it end hehe.

My first anything was a 1970 Kwasaki 125 trail bike, then a 1976 Honda 250 elsinore (sweet bike), then a '82 Suzuki SP250 dual sport,  then a '74 mustang II (pinto stang), then a '80 Honda 500 dual sport, then a '75 Ford grenada, then a '94 Ford tempo, then a pair of '74 Ford f250s, then a '96 Chevy lumina, then all at once I owned a 2000 Pontiac grand prix / 2002 Honda xr650l dual sport / '77 Ford 250 / '69 Dodge charger/ '87 Ford f150 heavy half / and my dads old '91 Ford Crown vic.

Sold both the trucks, the Pontiac's engine blew up, used the crown vic as a trade in and now have the charger, the bike, and an '07 Chevy impala.

So, yeah, where does it end indeed!    ;D