News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

why dont you like the new chargers?

Started by Mrs.Caveman, December 17, 2010, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigun426

"NEW" 2012 SRT8, with a BIG emphasis on the word NEW. A 2 door only SRT8 maybe??
                                                                                                                                                           With the Viper 6-speed that would be a HOOT!

TK73

Saw this EPIC MACHINE face-to-face in '99.

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT

Quote from: tracpack440 on December 19, 2010, 03:41:10 AM
Remember the 1999 concept charger.  The new charger car looks cool or can look cool with some mods but they should just called it a magnum enforcer or something.  I liked the concept charger back then but again the 4 door thing is just wrong.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

Quote from: Mrs.Caveman on December 19, 2010, 09:04:40 AM
the bottom line is if they called it something else then charger,most people would be happy with it! :2thumbs:

Exactly. Had they not misnamed it there wouldn't be any problems.

tricky lugnuts

"Saw this EPIC MACHINE face-to-face in '99.

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT"

I would agree with you 100 percent IF they also altered the front grill to look more like a 66-72 Charger with hideaways . . .

I just can't take the "regular car" headlights and crosshair grille.

If that was done, similar to the front end on the concept posted a page back or so, I could live with the four doors.

To me, hideaway headlights and Coke bottle shape are styling cues that are "a must" for any modern Charger.

TiMopar

4-doors and styling. A car called 'Dodge Charger' should look like the current Maserati Grantourismo IMO...

SRT-68

Well I got to sit in the new 2011 Charger and play with all of the goodies. As much as I have bad mouthed the car, I am now having to eat my words. OK.. It is not a 2 door '68 clone but it is a great car. The pictures I have seen don't do it justice. The front of the car looks good in person and the interior is fantastic. One of my biggest gripes about the 3rd gen were the taxi cab interiors and those days are gone. The dash insert is aluminium and blends into the center console. The dash top and door panel skins are some sort of soft plastic that has a great feel to it. The center mounted display is easy to see (for us old guys) and simple to use with an unbelievable array of functions. Seats and steering wheel are very nice. I still think they blew it on the taillights.

I work in a vehicle testing facility and get to play with a lot of different cars. This car is better than the asian cars and is as good as the german ones.

Give this car a chance if you are looking to buy a new car. Oh, and if you wreck said new car I call dibs on the dash.
:Twocents:

Nacho-RT74

Change the doors and front clip at least and will call it like manufacturer did... for a while, FORGET IT!

Nice Chagnum, and I like it, but not a...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

UH60L

Firstly, the title of this thread should be "why don't you like the 2006 to 2010 sedan Dodge is selling?"

In my opinion, Dodge has not built a "charger" since about 1974.

Now that that has been said, if the 2006 to 2010 sedan had been called any of about 8 names, it would never have been a problem for many of not most of the people who hate it.  I mean, really, if it had been called a coronet, I wouldn't give two craps about wheather it looked like a charger, know what I mean?

It definately did not help that some of the Dodge execs got snooty about it, telling people if they wanted a '69 charger they could go buy one, 'cause they are still available. 

Dodge traded on the charger name, but were very careful never to show a '66 to '74 charger in any ads with the 2006 to 2010 sedan.  I would almost put money on seeing an ad in the near future that goes something like this:

In the recent past, we staryed a bit from our performance roots......but that was the past.  The new dodge charger, a testimant to the American Muscle car.  (all of this as the car is shown invarious stages of reveal, then maybe a burnout, andf pulling up next to a second gen charger)

Mark my words, though I think the 2011 is way better, that link to the past will suddenly  be used as a marketing gimick. 

All that said, I think we've about beat this horse into glue, don't you?

bull

You raise a good point regarding the thread title in your first sentence; a point I'd like to take a step further. The title actually reads, "why don't you like the new chargers?" not "why do you like the new charger?" or "why do you think people that don't like the new charger should like it?" So all these guys who have whined and cried over the comments made in dissent about the new "Charger" over the past four years are now showing their stripes (again). Turns out they enjoy goading people as much or more than those who comment on the new "Charger" love-in threads. So the next time someone cries foul when anything bad is said about the '06-'10 Coronet I'll be referring them back to this thread. :yesnod:

Mrs.Caveman

tell me honestly you don't like this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8G9eurfCi4
if i was to buy a new muscle car/and had some money for it/ i would be all over that car!mustangs and camaros cant come near to it!wish could smell the burning rubber in that car and hear the engine :drool5:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Mrs.Caveman on December 20, 2010, 05:39:40 PM
tell me honestly you don't like this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8G9eurfCi4
if i was to buy a new muscle car/and had some money for it/ i would be all over that car!mustangs and camaros cant come near to it!wish could smell the burning rubber in that car and hear the engine :drool5:

I HATE it  :puke:

It's UGLY  :eek2:

bull

Quote from: Mrs.Caveman on December 20, 2010, 05:39:40 PM

Nothing wrong with that video other than it's still not a Charger. :shruggy: My grandma's Ford Maverick could fry the tires and do cookies and it wasn't a Charger either. Same with my neighbor's WRX. If I were going to spend that kind of money though I'd try to avoid feeling like an adulterer and get a Challenger since it actually pays homage to its predecessors. And if I wanted four doors and a Hemi I'd get a quad cab Ram, Dakota, Cherokee or Durango.

But hey, for those who don't care about the Charger name (which is a bit disheartening to see on this site of all places) I'm sure the cop/rental/taxi/fleet/student driver car is a fine alternative.

Ghoste

Unless that youtube link has a completely restyled car init, I don't need to see it to know I still don't like the car.  It has nothing to do with it's performance I just find it to be a very unattractive car no matter what you call it.

Back N Black

The problem with the new charger is 2 many doors.

472 R/T SE

bull

chargerjy9

Quote from: bull on December 21, 2010, 01:11:19 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 20, 2010, 11:19:30 PM
I do, especially the '11.   :2thumbs:

Have you seen one in person yet?
saw it a year ago in Chrysler styling studio, photos don't do it justice. I am a Charger fanatic like many on this forum. I worked there, was very vocal about the name put on the 06 to 10 car, hated it. the Trevor Creed era and the philosophy around that time is gone. the new guys, IMO have done a great job with the 11, given what they had to work with. yes it still has 4 doors, but I am way more comfortable with the Charger name on that vehicle. I will still bow down and pay hommage to the B body Chargers with the same religious fervor as many here, but i am weary of the bashing of Ma Mopar and those who think like I do. ya know, the Model T was an iconic vehicle that defined the word "automobile". hell let's bring that back like it was,     IMO it is time to move on
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

skip68

Here it is...   Lets say you are a Camaro lover and Chevy stoped making the Camaro for lots of years.  NOW, chevy makes the Malibu and puts a big motor in it and changes the name to Camaro...  NOW HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THE NEW BAD-ASS MUSCLE BEEFY SUPER AMAZING LEGENDARY KICK-ASS READY TO ROCK YOUR WORLD CAMARO ????????.  You would be saying the same thing everybody else is once you see it----. "WTF is this sh$!....    It is a nice car though but it was not built as a Charger.   It was another car and they changed the name to charger.....   Aka,. The fish sandwich.....
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

UH60L

Quote from: Back N Black on December 20, 2010, 09:37:18 PM
The problem with the new charger is 2 many doors.

Ya know, I've seen some strange things at 7/11 before, but I think that tops them all!  Hehe.

Was that suppose to be a Limo or just some crazy project or what? 

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mrs.Caveman

i see i stired something here!a good topic is what people talk about!we don't have to agree with each other!variety makes the world colourfull! :whistling: :wave: :nixon:

Nacho-RT74

yes, Thats because this discussion began back in 2006, in the old board we had, now continues since the same Chagnum body continues and lot of ppl on board is diff/new... guess what ?, opinions remain the same with maybe 50% new posters posting about same topic ;D

one thing to be thruth... now the heat of the discussion is different. ( maybe because whe have to die with that LOL )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Mrs.Caveman

we have got a saying here in my country that says"every joke is new to a baby" :image_294343:

Nacho-RT74