News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How does the drip rail molding go on?

Started by sixpack_sid, December 29, 2010, 11:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

I bought this 68 Charger in pieces and the person I bought it from had all of the trim off the car. How does the drip rail molding go on? Does it just snap on or is there a certain way to install it? Also, the bottom back corner window trim, can that go on at a later time or does that have to connect with the drip rail? Is there a certain order that the exterior trim goes on? Note, the windows are not in the car yet-I don't know if that makes a difference.
Thanks!
Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

six-tee-nine

Interesting......
I removed mine but the car had a vinyl top. When putting the molding back on WITHOUT vinyl top how do you get it on without scuffing the paint?

From what I can remember when getting them off it seemed the easiest way to hook them behind the top side of the rail and push them on downwards.
I cant tell you wich is the best place to start....(I suggest at the A pillar since you have to follow the factory bend in the molding)
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

The quarterwindow cornerpiece has to go on first because the driprailmolding sits over it.
For the driprailmolding itself, put it on at the top side first and push the lower side in to get
it in place. Make sure you have correct distance between A-pillarpiece and the driprailmolding
so that the small cornerpiece doesn't becom to small. :eek2:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

twodko

What Per said. Very Important!!!........make sure you have drip rail molding that's correct for your car i.e. - vinyl top or no vinyl top. There is a difference between the 2. Good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Patronus

I've had good luck putting the two pieces together first, gets a tighter joint, then work your way forward.
Of course, I have 4 hands so..
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE