News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hows the best way to preserve autographs

Started by oldcarnut, December 05, 2010, 11:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

Has anyone had someone special like one of the old Nascar drivers sign a piece of their car and clear coated it to keep it from wearing away?  I may have the opportunity to get somebody to sign mine after I get the dash I'm working on done and would like to get any tips on keeping it from accidental wiping away with cleaning.  Would the clear perhaps dissolve it as it goes on considering that some kind of marker most likely be used for the autograph.
Chances are the signature may be written on something already clear coated.

Chatt69chgr

I would test it out on an old part first.  That way, you will be sure.  Other alternative is get a neat car part and let them autograph that and hang it in your garage for garage art.

charger2fast4u

what about using a automotive paint touch up pen/marker? that way you should be able to clear coat it so it doesn't eventually wear off. or else like mentioned above get a car part signed to hang in the garage.

chargermike

i had Richard the king and kyle petty sign my car with a sharpie and then had it clear coated. it has never rubed off and it's been 5 years.