News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Doctors

Started by Bobs69, December 14, 2010, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Funny how I always come back to this site to find a simple straight forward answer.  I'm not even going to bother looking elsewhere anymore.

Okay seen the doctor at work about a lump about an inch or so north of my wrist.  He said if it doesn't go away in a couple of weeks come see him.  I asked my own doctor when I was in for a physical.  He called it a gangolyn cyst.  I said I want it off, sounds like something a frail old woman would get.  "Oh if it isn't bothering you then I'd prefer to leave it"  or something like that.  He said the same thing about a couple low profile moles I had that I just wanted gone because.  I had to ask him twice to do it.

Doc at work, I went back for his second opinion(I like him, talks to me like one of the guys) he said it was a "sebatious cyst" and doesn't know why my family doc would diagnose it the way he did.  He mentioned that if we were in his own office at his practice he'd just take it out and be done with it.

Why won't my doctor just look after this crap for me?  Is he unsure of his own ability or what?  I've heard that docs don't like to do anything unless they think it's important.  All I know is that it wasn't there before and it's not suppose to be there.

moparstuart

i get them , I just take a big book and have some one bang it on my wrist , hurts like hell but pops and goes away .  :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

doctor4766

Quote from: moparstuart on December 14, 2010, 07:15:09 PM
i get them , I just take a big book and have some one bang it on my wrist , hurts like hell but pops and goes away .  :D

I'm thinking that prolly isn't the best way to deal with them Stu
Gotta love a '69

moparstuart

Quote from: doctor4766 on December 15, 2010, 07:16:42 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 14, 2010, 07:15:09 PM
i get them , I just take a big book and have some one bang it on my wrist , hurts like hell but pops and goes away .  :D

I'm thinking that prolly isn't the best way to deal with them Stu
my aunt a nurse did it for me years ago and it has alway worked ,  way cheaper then the alternative

elacruze

My experience says that some doctors just want to get along on office visits, rather than do the extra work to arrange surgeries or referrals. The first time a doctor doesn't do as I ask, I drop them and find a new one. Or he better have a good reason (with adequate technical explanation) for advising against it.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

nvrbdn

i had one in the wrist when younger. the doc said either we take it out or wrap it tight with an ace bandage and it will go away on its own. i said if it goes away will it come back? he said maybe. i said if you remove it will it come back? he said maybe. i chose the ace and a week or so later it was gone. never returned to date. 30 years now. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Bobs69

Maybe I'll see if I can get someone to hit it.  I've heard that solution before now that it's been mentioned, I remember something like that.  Then wrap it.  I'll have to see if I can get someone at work to do it for me, my wife won't be any help there.

My doctor does frustrate me, I've been struggling with the decision to leave him or not..............

tan top

had one  on  the top of my foot across the tendens  , think it must of been caused by the type/ style of steel toe capped boot i was wearing , from when i changed jobs from mechanic to  body work / painting , bending & kneeling  back edge of cap would press on tendons in some positions  , was like a hard boiled egg on the top of my foot !!  only took a few days to do it !!  , obviously changed boot / footwear !!   doc said might go on its own ,( said in the old days they would hit it with a bible)) he gave me some cream to rub on it ( volotrol ) spelling  ,  would really hurt  sometimes !!!  had it for close on to a year , was all set up , saw a surgeon to have it cut out !!  , it went on its own !!  , before i received a date to go in  !!  :shruggy:  :scratchchin:    
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

I have had 5 or 6 of them over the last 20 years . They just keep coming back.  They are right in the bent of my wrist so typing on the key board cant be good for making them go away .

ITSA426

My sister in law uses the moparstuart method and it seems to work for her but this isn't the place I'd be seeking medical advice.

Tilar

Don't be so sure of that, We do have some very competent doctors on board...(ok at least 1 that I know of)
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

skip68

my son had a cebatious cyst under his eye on his upper cheek when he was three. took him to a dermatologist. he put some black tar like stuff on it, and a bandaid. told me to take it off that evening. i guess the medicine soaked in, and about 3 weeks later it was completly gone. it was expensive though. Mrs.skip68
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Bobs69

Quote from: skip68 on December 15, 2010, 07:34:48 PM
my son had a cebatious cyst under his eye on his upper cheek when he was three. took him to a dermatologist. he put some black tar like stuff on it, and a bandaid. told me to take it off that evening. i guess the medicine soaked in, and about 3 weeks later it was completly gone. it was expensive though. Mrs.skip68

Expensive!  Hey my body is my temple I'll spend the cash!

FLG

When i was a bit younger i had one  on my wrist, insurance paid for it so i just had the surgery...though i rather have just used the damn book method as it would have been a lot easier.

Cooter

Be glad that doctor told you what he did..Wife had one and the doctor here was all too eager to remove it..Once that release form is signed, they can pretty much F*CK your sh*t up nd there's nothing you can do...Bottom line? She has limited use of her wrist from now on as the Cyst had wrapped around some nerves....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Darkman

In the earlier years, the book method was used. I had one on my wrist the doctor said he could use the book method but the chances are it may come back using this method (cheap though). However he did say that if it doesn't get bigger and it doesn't bother you then best thing is to just leave it.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!