News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

salvage yard in oklahoma *not dial-up friendly* UPDATE 12/31/05

Started by RD, December 30, 2005, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

Quote from: Charger R/T #1 on December 30, 2005, 08:30:03 PM
Hello, I have been buying parts and cars from that last yard for quite a while. Those are 400 engines, not 383's, I have already checked. The reason all of the sport mirrors and good trim is gone on those A Bodies is because I bought it all. The 64 is a New Yorker not an Imperial. The red 64 Dart has had wheel tubs put in it and looks like someones feeble attempt at a race car. The Hang Ten was almost 100% complete when I started on it. I got all of the useable interior, the disc brakes, the floor shifter setup and steering column from that car. The fold down rear seat is out in my storage shed right now. The car with the huge rats nest under the hood has a 383 NOT a 440. The 68 Monaco 4 door is a real complete solid car it just needs a good home. The owner quoted it to me for 800.00. That is not a bad deal but I do not think I can make any money on it so I passed. This yard has a TON of Mustangs and other Fords as the owner is a SERIOUS Mustang guy. You will NOT get a deal on the FORD stuff but he is fair on the MOPAR parts. I am actually amazed you found it as it is REAL buried and not advertised at all.

why did you tear up that hang 10?  if it was almost a 100% complete, you should have kept it that way IMHO.  That car is pretty darn rare if you know what I mean.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger R/T #1

Hello. that car had been sitting there for years before I got to it. It may have been somewhat complete but that is not to say it was nice!! The floors are rotted, the interior was rotton and the dash was already cut up pretty badly. I made WAY more money off that car in parts than I could ever have made by buying it whole and trying to sell it as a builder.

RD

Quote from: Charger R/T #1 on December 30, 2005, 09:23:31 PM
Hello. that car had been sitting there for years before I got to it. It may have been somewhat complete but that is not to say it was nice!! The floors are rotted, the interior was rotton and the dash was already cut up pretty badly. I made WAY more money off that car in parts than I could ever have made by buying it whole and trying to sell it as a builder.

that's cool, I have done that many times before.  thanks for the explanation though, that was nice of you.  where are you located?  I am in 8 miles west of tahlequah on highway 51 at my in-laws.  Maybe we can meet up tomorrow just to say hi to a fellow member and all.

RD
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

CB

sorry to see there wasn't a (68-69) Sat,Runner or GTX sitting around waiting for me to be picked up... ;)

How are you doing Jamey?
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

RD

Quote from: CB on December 31, 2005, 06:59:04 AM
sorry to see there wasn't a (68-69) Sat,Runner or GTX sitting around waiting for me to be picked up... ;)

How are you doing Jamey?

doing great Christian.

the only 68-70 b body was a 4 door and it was pretty much gutted (look at pics)

RD

who was it out there that wanted a fury roscoe car?  this one is special.... it has a special handling package, though I did not see any rear anti-sway bar ???  weird

Charger_Fan

That's strange how there's numbers above the "end" on that first tag...maybe it's common on the later model ones? :shruggy:

Geez, that brown '69 Mach is a bummer. Did you check the VIN number to see if it was something other than a 351W car?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)