News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No fluid to the rear brakes

Started by terrible one, December 11, 2010, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

When I went to bleed the brakes out today I noticed that I couldn't get anything to come from the rear bleeders. When I checked the master cylinder, it discharges fluid from both the front and rear bores, so I'm sure that's not the problem. When I disconnected the rear line from the valve and had someone pump the pedal, not a drop of fluid came out. So, it looks like the valve is the problem and the port for the rear brakes is stuck closed. But, it's a brand new reproduction from Inline Tube. I'm wondering if the valve is just bad or if this is common and I can do something to "reset" the piston or something. I see there is a silver "plug" on the very bottom but it looks like that's the only removable part aside from the brake warning light switch. Which, by the way, is not hooked up so I can't use that to guide me. Thoughts?

Here's a picture of the valve I have. Notice the silver plug I mentioned.

b5blue

I can't tell but if it has the imbalance sender switch it should have a rod in the center that cuts off flow to ether the front or rear, that rod needs to be centered. Check to see if there is a nipple you ether pull or push to reset to center. Gravity or vacuum bleed the brakes first, pushing on the peddle will move the pin if both front and rear are not mostly full of fluid.  :2thumbs: I had one hell of a time getting fluid to the rears and bought a pneumatic driven bleeder from Harbor Freight. Even then I had to remove the safety's and crank up the air pressure to let it rip wide open for long bursts to get it going. (It works off a venturi (sp?) effect) My normal trusty "Mighty-Vac" hand pump was tried for hours and just would not work after having so much fluid out of the lines.     

Back N Black

I had a new valve from inline tube and did not work, i sent it back and they mailed out a new one and it was GTG.  :2thumbs:

terrible one

Thanks for the info guys. Since I feel like I don't know what I'm doing and Back N Black had good luck, I guess I'll just call Inline Tube (I got it from them as well) and see if they will exchange, then hopefully the new one will be all good.