News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger power windows

Started by dongar69, December 29, 2010, 12:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dongar69

Anyone have pictures of the location of the wiring harness through the door and body for a power window setup?

poppa

If you look at the front of the door (between hinges) you will see a dimple (if it didn't have pw) or hole for the harness . Then on the post (where the other side of the hinges bolt) you will find the same set up. They are not directly across from each other. If you still need pics I will try to get some this afternoon.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

1969chargerrtse

Think you should of been in the " interior " thread....
But, here's the best I can do.  Wires come out near the upper hinge and and go in the door near the lower hinge.  Got me why?  Across from each other would of been nice.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

dongar69

Thanks, this helps alot. I did have it posted in Paint, Body and Trim but got no response. Sorry for putting it where I did. My car did not come with power windows but I am installing them. I have all the regulators, motors, harness and switches but not where to cut the hole.

doctor4766

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 01, 2011, 12:47:36 PM
But, here's the best I can do.  Wires come out near the upper hinge and and go in the door near the lower hinge.  Got me why?  Across from each other would of been nice.

I think at staggered heights there is less chance of the wires bunching up on themselves and breaking under pressure when the door's shut.
Gotta love a '69

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: doctor4766 on January 02, 2011, 04:28:13 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 01, 2011, 12:47:36 PM
But, here's the best I can do.  Wires come out near the upper hinge and and go in the door near the lower hinge.  Got me why?  Across from each other would of been nice.

I think at staggered heights there is less chance of the wires bunching up on themselves and breaking under pressure when the door's shut.
Not really sure?  I've seen them both ways and they work fine both ways.  :scratchchin:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: dongar69 on January 02, 2011, 01:56:45 AM
Thanks, this helps alot. I did have it posted in Paint, Body and Trim but got no response. Sorry for putting it where I did. My car did not come with power windows but I am installing them. I have all the regulators, motors, harness and switches but not where to cut the hole.
No need to apoligize to me, just trying to help.  I never get the sections correct either.  I would went with interior, he moved you to electric.  :P

poppa

The holes are different sizes if I remember correctly...
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.