News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need opinions...

Started by SRT-440, December 10, 2010, 11:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Sydmoe on December 11, 2010, 05:12:29 PM
Stay in the Mopar camp........stick with your SRT4. It has cool factor and will be way better on fuel and insurance than the "mid life crisis" vette would be.
The vette is a true performance car that out does many cars at more than twice the price.  I never saw it as a mid life crisis car at all?
But he asked for opinions and opinions he shall get.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

SRT-440

Opinions are def wanted..My problem is I get bored with cars every 5 yrs and it makes me nuts..lol.
The z06 has the bang for the buck factor...if I don't get it I may wait till after new years and sell the srt and put a good down payment on a '10 Camaro SS.  I'd rather have an SS than the comparable in price challenger RT.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

jb666

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 11, 2010, 06:06:48 PM
Stay in the Mopar camp........stick with your SRT4. It has cool factor and will be way better on fuel and insurance than the "mid life crisis" vette would be.
The vette is a true performance car that out does many cars at more than twice the price.  I never saw it as a mid life crisis car at all?

Ditto  :rofl: , if it was a midlife crisis car for me I'd best get partying like a rock star cause I don't have much time left!! I love those stereo types...

But, one thing I have to laugh at, is when I went to shows with my Z, I'd pull in to see the group of 60's men in their polo shirts and sun-visor caps sitting there wondering who the young guy was driving his Dad's Vette...   :brickwall:

My buddy that owns a local chassis shop just bought a new Z... He's only 30  :o .. The thing is INCREDIBLE.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: jb666 on December 11, 2010, 06:44:29 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 11, 2010, 06:06:48 PM
The vette is a true performance car that out does many cars at more than twice the price.  I never saw it as a mid life crisis car at all?

Ditto  :rofl: , if it was a midlife crisis car for me I'd best get partying like a rock star cause I don't have much time left!! I love those stereo types...

But, one thing I have to laugh at, is when I went to shows with my Z, I'd pull in to see the group of 60's men in their polo shirts and sun-visor caps sitting there wondering who the young guy was driving his Dad's Vette...   :brickwall:

My buddy that owns a local chassis shop just bought a new Z... He's only 30  :o .. The thing is INCREDIBLE.

:icon_smile_tongue: :drool5:
Wow.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: SRT-440 on December 11, 2010, 06:40:47 PM
Opinions are def wanted..My problem is I get bored with cars every 5 yrs and it makes me nuts..lol.
The z06 has the bang for the buck factor...if I don't get it I may wait till after new years and sell the srt and put a good down payment on a '10 Camaro SS.  I'd rather have an SS than the comparable in price challenger RT.
Wait out for the conv.  I'd take a striped hot rod Camaro SS conv over the vette.

jb666

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 11, 2010, 07:07:41 PM
Quote from: SRT-440 on December 11, 2010, 06:40:47 PM
Wait out for the conv.  I'd take a striped hot rod Camaro SS conv over the vette.

And have $$ left over to mod it!!!  :iagree:

Ghoste

Now when you start talking Camaro over the Challenger then my inner anti-Chev gets out.  Much prefer the Dodge over the stovebolt.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on December 11, 2010, 07:30:02 PM
Now when you start talking Camaro over the Challenger then my inner anti-Chev gets out.  Much prefer the Dodge over the stovebolt.
And now we disagree.  A camaro SS conv is more desirable to me than a Challenger hardtop. But... such is life.  :icon_smile_big:

DC_1

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 11, 2010, 09:08:49 PM
And now we disagree.  A camaro SS conv is more desirable to me than a Challenger hardtop. But... such is life.  :icon_smile_big:

Challenger SRT8 over the Camero for me....without a doubt. :2thumbs:

SRT-440

Tho a little over the top, there are some 1999-2003 Vipers with low milege for 30-35K and some earlier vipers like (my fav year 1996) for 25K in "like new" condition. Also, Ram SRT10's can be had for 20-25k with hardly any miles on them. Obviously, I'm not looking for a beater just to trash on..now is a good time to pick up cars that in time will be very collectable. And yes I totally believe cars of today will be classics in the future.

Not that my neon srt is highly sought after, it is fairly rare...2000 or so '04's in electric blue were made. Yellow '04's are super rare cuz the yellow was discontinued in '04 and they just used up left over paint...maybe 200 (or less) were yellow in '04. Sorry for the history lesson I just find automotive stats interesting..I'm a sucker for rare options.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

SRT-440

Quote from: Sydmoe on December 11, 2010, 10:24:08 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 11, 2010, 09:08:49 PM

Challenger SRT8 over the Camero for me....without a doubt. :2thumbs:
I'd prefer an srt8 over an SS but i'd rather have a SS over an R/T. That's just cuz price vs. performance.