News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

project 69 progressing

Started by rrob, December 07, 2010, 09:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrob

Sorry it's been a while since the last post, been busy at work and working on the charger when I can. Got the motor together and installed, had a header fittment problem :brickwall:, hope the new ones arrive soon. Also have the tailpanel and rear bumper finished as well as all the glass and hardware in the doors and quarters, that all went very well. dissassembled and painted the dash and hope to have that back in by the end of this week. Then I've got to tackle the vinyl top and headliner install, I have never done these before and am a little apprehensive. Pics to follow. Cheers everyone.   Rob
69 charger, 440, automatic

rrob

todays pics

rrob

A few more

KSChrgr68

I got my dreamcar in 2010

lexxman

Hey,Rob.It looks like your really coming along.I was just out prepping to shot some primer on the D/S 1/4. Looking at yours is like looking into the future. I'm not sure if I would do the vinyl top myself or not. Make sure you have help,did you see the episode of CCR where they installed the top?

HANDM

I'm actually looking forward to the vinyl top installation, after the headliner that should be a breeze  :cheers:

rrob

Quote from: lexxman on January 30, 2011, 04:17:24 PM
Hey,Rob.It looks like your really coming along.I was just out prepping to shot some primer on the D/S 1/4. Looking at yours is like looking into the future. I'm not sure if I would do the vinyl top myself or not. Make sure you have help,did you see the episode of CCR where they installed the top?
Hi Dave: No I didn't see that episode, but I've been studying other videos and tutorials on the subject. Just get at your car and keep at it and before long it will be done. It seems daunting to look at the whole task at once but just concentrate on one thing at a time. Of course that's easy for me to say now that I'm this far along, but back in May I was in the same position as you. Good luck and keep wrenching. :cheers:    Rob

Bobby41909

Kudos on the time and ability to do this yourself.  You do nice work, it's looking great!

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: Looking great!  Do you have a side pic with the wheels, looks like you didn't go with the torq II's.

bill440rt

Hey, looks good!!  :2thumbs:

If it helps you any, here's a link to the vinyl top thread I wrote when I installed it on my car:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30095.0.html

Good luck!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

rrob

Quote from: bill440rt on February 03, 2011, 07:39:57 AM

If it helps you any, here's a link to the vinyl top thread I wrote when I installed it on my car:

Thanks Bill, I have studied your thread a lot, very good info! One stupid question, should I glue the vinyl down into the windshield and rear window edges and then screw the molding clips through the vinyl or notch around the clips?       Rob

rrob

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on February 02, 2011, 10:10:57 PM
:2thumbs: Looking great!  Do you have a side pic with the wheels, looks like you didn't go with the torq II's.
Hi Bigblock: The wheels that are on it now were on the car when I bought it, they are 15 x 8  centerline warriors with TA radials. Nice wheels but I think I prefer the 5 spoke look, however, I'm going to run them for the first season and we will see. I will try to get some closer pics posted soon.     Rob

rrob

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on February 02, 2011, 10:10:57 PM
:2thumbs: Looking great!  Do you have a side pic with the wheels, looks like you didn't go with the torq II's.
Here they are.

bill440rt

Quote from: rrob on February 04, 2011, 09:16:52 PM

Thanks Bill, I have studied your thread a lot, very good info! One stupid question, should I glue the vinyl down into the windshield and rear window edges and then screw the molding clips through the vinyl or notch around the clips?       Rob

Hi Rob,
Yes, glue the vinyl down into the window channels. Then screw the molding clips directly over & thru the vinyl. Do not notch the top.
Good luck!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

rrob

Quote from: bill440rt on February 04, 2011, 09:38:27 PM
Quote from: rrob on February 04, 2011, 09:16:52 PM

Hi Rob,
Yes, glue the vinyl down into the window channels. Then screw the molding clips directly over & thru the vinyl. Do not notch the top.
Good luck!  :cheers:
Great Bill, I hope mine turns out as nice as yours, excellent job!  Rob

rrob

I just got finished the dash on my 69 and will intall it tonight. That was more work than I thought it would be, but now on to other things :2thumbs: 

69 OUR/TEA

Just some food for thought,I just installed my dash and left out the ash tray and glove box door and glove box liner as it helped alot not being there to reach thru to hook up the heater cables,etc.Your project is going nice,keep it up!!! :2thumbs:

rrob

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on February 13, 2011, 02:05:43 PM
Just some food for thought,I just installed my dash and left out the ash tray and glove box door and glove box liner as it helped alot not being there to reach thru to hook up the heater cables,etc.Your project is going nice,keep it up!!! :2thumbs:
Good idea our/tea, I will use it

rrob

Well, winter is progressing and so is the charger. I got a new set of Hedman Elite headers and they fit really good, the only thing I had to do was install a .125 shim on the motor mount to correct a to close to the steering box condition. So I'm hooking all the wiring/ fuel lines/ etc up right now :icon_smile_cool: Hope to start her up next week and break in the new cam, then on to the vinyl top install :cheers: I will post some pics when the engine is finished.       Rob

KSChrgr68

I got my dreamcar in 2010

rrob

Well,I've been busy since my last post. Got the grill finished and installed, installed the front bumper, valance, hood, finished all the underhood details. I started her up and ran in the cam 2 weeks ago, no problems so far, man it sounds sweet! I installed the vinyl top over the last 2 days, a job I put off and was dreading because I've never done one before and frankly I was intimidated! Thanks to information and encouragment by a lot of you guys I got it done and it turned out flawless! :cheers: Thanks guys. A few pics of the latest developments :2thumbs:

rrob

some more.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ryan

Looks good. What glue did you use for the top?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html