News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for SEAT BELT options ...

Started by jb666, December 04, 2010, 09:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I'm faced with several options this winter.. The first being a seat swap. I'd use a set of seats out of something new(er), say an 06 Charger.. Have them recovered to match my interior (now) and install them.. That would give me the comfort and support (bolster) I'm looking for... But I'd also be afraid of them looking REALLY out of place inside the car..

But my main objective is to stay glued in my seat when I'm launching hard, or goosing it while driving.. And right now, the flat seats don't cut it. They offer nothing along the line of comfort and they certainly don't hold you in your seat (just my opinion, nothing else).

So, my question is what's out there for seat belt options?? I have a full cage in my car, so I could have tabs welded on and rig up some sort of a lap belt, but what else is there?

Hopefully this is in the right section, if not I'm sure it'll be shipped off to the right one. Thanks guys  :cheers:

dkn1997

Hey there Jeff!  I have always touted the sebring convertible seats as a great option.  They don't seem to be as high as some others that have the integrated belt and since they come from a two door, they will tilt forward for back seat passengers. 

I have a set ready to go in as soon as I motivate myself.  If you want more info, search corvairkid sebring seats on google and there's a whole write up that includes which year seats to use to make it easier to have them operate as OEM,with seatbelt lock solenoid tied into door switches and g sensor and ignition switch... 

I also have some pics of the ones I got if you need.  They aren't as supportive as, say, recaros, or even new charger/challenger seats, but they are better than stock and they have the integrated belt.  I personally don't care for the aftermarket belts used with stock seats because I don't like how they hang in the window opening.  In your case with the roll bar, that's not an issue since you have something there anyway. 
RECHRGED

dkn1997

did some mockups in the car.  set on wood blocks to mimick stock seat height... will likely make them a bit lower. 
RECHRGED

dkn1997

and yes...that's the passenger seat on the drivers side. I'm just cool like that.
RECHRGED

FLG

Jeff,

Check out Pete (autodynamics) ride.

There Corbeau GTS III seats that have been recovered

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,19141.125.html

jb666

Thank you both!!! I love those seats, dkn.. VERY nice! They actually look a LOT like what Pete's running in his car..

I spoke to him for a few minutes on the phone tonight. Awesome guy, full of info... Everything I get here is very much appreciated  :cheers: :cheers:

WHITE AND RED 69

I've got the corbeau gts seats as well, and they are nice. very comfortable. I also have the xvmotorsports seatbelts which are good, they fit a bit odd with a console on the drivers side but a heatgun fixes that. If your looking for an easy setup without modifying anything the xv belts work perfectly. I would ask xv though about fitting them with a rollcage?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster