News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Attention gun collectors

Started by zoecube, December 05, 2010, 11:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoecube

Those of you that are in the gun collecting hobby as well, I was just curious as to how much an M16 from the vietnam war goes for on the market?

Todd Wilson

I was told a few years back a full auto M16 starts at 8000$.

You can get AR-15 guns for 800$ to 1500$.

Todd

moparguy01

Actually the last full auto m16 I saw sold for closer to 17k. First you have to find a gun shop with a clas 3 FFL. You tell them your buying a gun and of course they will add their own fees on top of this, but IF your state allows you to own a full auto, you have a boatload of paperwork. After the BATF finds out what color your underwear is when you were 6, and you submit fingerprints, notify local authorities, and pay a $200 tax stamp.
3-12 months later after that all you can pick up your new weapon.

The bad news is that at any time the BATF can knock on your door and ask you to show it to them. If you do not have it in a secure area only you have access to or heaven forbid you don't have it, you will not be a happy camper because your life will be miserable for quite some time.

Hope that helps some. Check into your states gun rights!!!!

Todd Wilson

Quote from: moparguy01 on December 05, 2010, 11:04:01 PM
First you have to find a gun shop with a clas 3 FFL. You tell them your buying a gun and of course they will add their own fees on top of this, but IF your state allows you to own a full auto, you have a boatload of paperwork. After the BATF finds out what color your underwear is when you were 6, and you submit fingerprints, notify local authorities, and pay a $200 tax stamp.
3-12 months later after that all you can pick up your new weapon.

With lots of cash you can avoid this hassle!   :icon_smile_big:

todd

THE STIG

I was at a gun show back in 04 and saw a real deal Vietnam era M16 A1 (triangular hand guard) for sale for a modest $15k. Like moparguy said you will need a C3 permit. And that $200 C3 weapon permit is only good for 1 weapon so if you decide you want an M16, a streetsweeper, and an Uzi with a silencer that will require 4 C3 permits (the silencer is also C3). When you apply for the permit the Fed. Gov. will get back with you when they feel like it and you cannot posses the weapon while waiting for the permit to come back. There was once a time when Americans could own whatever guns they wanted but buttholes like John Dillenger screwed it up for all of us. If it's all the same just get an AR15 it's the same weapon except semi auto rather than full auto. They are made by Colt, Charter Arms, Bush Master, etc. and they are all the same and run anywhere from $600 to $1500 depnding on how "tricked out" you want it.  As a former Marine Infantryman I can tell you for what ammo costs these days you'll spend about $50 to fill that 30 round magazine and at full auto it will be empty in less time than it takes to read this sentence and you won't hit anything you were aiming at. And before you ask there is no permit that will allow you to convert a semi auto weapon to a full auto, that will get you a very long term lease in a very small studio apartment.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: THE STIG on December 05, 2010, 11:48:08 PM
what ammo costs these days you'll spend about $50 to fill that 30 round magazine and at full auto it will be empty in less time than it takes to read this sentence and you won't hit anything you were aiming at. And before you ask there is no permit that will allow you to convert a semi auto weapon to a full auto, that will get you a very long term lease in a very small studio apartment.

At the gun show a few weeks ago I had noticed a lot of the guns had gone down in price from the show the year before. Ammo is still very high priced. You could buy what ever you wanted but it was expensive. Did see some old skool M1's that were bring 4000$.

Todd

moparguy01

Just be like me and get a job at an ammo factory. We get cheap ammo. :D

vancamp

an actual full auto M16 A1 start at about $10,000 and go up from there depending on condition, like other have said you have to apply for the $200 tax stamp, if you could find a drop in auto sear that was manufactured before the ban $$$$$$$$$$ and pay the tax stamp you can build a full auto out of a Ar15 but the laws are real murky in that area and basically the atf can at their discretion show up any time day or night and inspect what you have. its not worth the hassle in my opinion.

zoecube

Thanks for the replys and I've realized I'm more interested in guns from world war 1 instead

ACUDANUT

Quote from: zoecube on December 06, 2010, 05:21:34 PM
Thanks for the replys and I've realized I'm more interested in guns from world war 1 instead
In that case, try and find a B.A.R

68blue

Lewis guns make great WW 1 ear shooters in 3006 or 303. A Browning 1917A1 water cooled belt fed will last forever and shoot until it runs out of ammo or water. BARs are nice but buy a lot of magazines if you get one.

Todd Wilson

ACUDANUT

Try carring around that thing.   :smilielol:
GO B.A.R.  You can shoot this on semi-auto too..

WINGMAN

In the USA there are about 35 states that you can own class 3 firearms, meaning machine guns, suppressors, short barrel rifles and shotguns, morters, cannons and more. Not every state is the same you will need to check your state gun laws. I live in Kansas and we just got the right to own class 3 items two years ago. I have a MK 760 9 mm sub machine gun that i take to the gun club and blast away at targets . Last weekend i went through four hundred rounds in about 20 minutes. :icon_smile_big: Kind of like driving one of my Chargers. ATF paper work took 11 weeks, cost is $200.00 transfer tax one time for most. The cheapest entry level guns are the Mac 10 and 11 at about $3000 each and go up from there. Some of my favorite sights are  Sturmgewehr.com, subguns.com, gunbroker.com.  And no The ATF wont show up at 3am wanting to see your gun.  Let your wallet be your guide just like our cars.      Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Todd Wilson

Quote from: WINGMAN on December 07, 2010, 08:29:32 PM
 In the USA there are about 35 states that you can own class 3 firearms, meaning machine guns, suppressors, short barrel rifles and shotguns, morters, cannons and more. Not every state is the same you will need to check your state gun laws. I live in Kansas and we just got the right to own class 3 items two years ago. I have a MK 760 9 mm sub machine gun that i take to the gun club and blast away at targets .

Can you legally use your MK760    as your concealed carry gun in Kansas if you had a concealed carry license?

Todd

WINGMAN

I do have that licence  but it is to big to fit under a coat.  :icon_smile_big:  I go with a 1911 45 auto.  :icon_smile_big:  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Todd Wilson

Quote from: WINGMAN on December 07, 2010, 09:43:25 PM
  I do have that licence  but it is to big to fit under a coat.  :icon_smile_big:  I go with a 1911 45 auto.  :icon_smile_big:  Jay.

Wear a big coat!    :icon_smile_big:

Todd

HITMAN 149

frigggin SWEEEEET!!!! im L.E. in NJ (our gun laws SUCK!!!) and im still ONLY allowed to carry a 9mm off duty, per my depts rules & regs!!!  :flame:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

68blue

I get my WW2 era M1 Thompson out every now and then. Shoot cast lead bullets to keep costs down as I think that this is about the most expensive fun per minute that you can have outside of a club. Nice to still shoot a piece of history, mine was made by Savage in 1942.

AKcharger

I got an insert from Browns to convert my Ar-15 and M-4 to .22. It replaces the bolt. Works great and I can afford to shoot it now!

HITMAN 149

hahaha yea i remember @ 18 yrs ago when i got my glock after i got out of the marine corps, my stepfather would tell me, "your gonna go broke fast!!" lol you find out real quick how expen$ive ammo is and how fast you just blow thru it!!! lol
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

dkn1997

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on December 08, 2010, 12:20:21 AM

frigggin SWEEEEET!!!! im L.E. in NJ (our gun laws SUCK!!!) and im still ONLY allowed to carry a 9mm off duty, per my depts rules & regs!!!  :flame:

I don't know why...maybe because of the passing of leslie nielsen...  but your post made me think of what he says in naked gun when they suspend him "just think, next time I shoot someone, I could actually be arrested" 
RECHRGED

HITMAN 149

surely you can't be serious!?!? im dead serious, and stop calling me Shirley!!!!!!! lmao
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

KSChrgr68

or you could get a WWII era M91 mosin nagant russian rifle..built clear back since late 1880s till around 1940s i believe

cheap and ammo (7.62X54)  is plentiful, fires very straight if you find one with decent rifling, is the same rifle from enemy at the gates

I got my dreamcar in 2010

ACUDANUT

Screw those Commie rifles.  :RantExplode: If you want a Bolt action, a US 1903 Springfield 30.06 :yesnod: