News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old sign I found and restored

Started by The70RT, December 11, 2010, 12:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I got this old sign at an auction over the summer. I have no clue what It advertised and got it because my sister has been married to a Johnson for over 30 years. They live on a farm and I figured it would look cool hanging where ever. I called them a few days ago and said I got a Christmas Idea so what colors do you like? They like blue and red so...... Now I will probably find out it was worth a kazillion  :lol: I forgot to get a shot of it primered though :brickwall:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

Looks like KU colors  :2thumbs: The most time consumming was the taping. I probably have around 6  hours in it over a 3 day period.

bull

Excellent work. :2thumbs: I've always wondered how they did that originally. Obviously they didn't tape it all off like you did so how did they do these two-color paint jobs back then?

Brock Samson

Great job,  :2thumbs:  :scratchchin: I would think mass-producing those signs they'd have a stencil.. But IDK..  :shruggy:

The70RT

Thanks guys. I forgot to show how big it actually is. Yeah all the taping was fun  :icon_smile_cool:

KS71owner

very cool. Was the original finish painted or porcelain? I've come across several porcelain signs in my time at the sign shop and that stuff is very tough to remove.

The70RT

Thanks, no it was just painted. I remember as a kid someone thew a porcelain sign on a fire and it was popping off....not that you would want to do that.  :lol: Maybe a torch at a distance would help? It probably be a lot of porcelain in the air if you used any conventional method.