News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's A Pilot Car?

Started by 68X426, November 27, 2010, 08:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi Barry,

does Y91 (show car) together mean the car was probably on display at a car show?
The words "show car" are also stamped on a second tag.
The car is a pilot car, too, having "Job 162" stamped on the second tag, VIN is 100162, SPD is 714

If it was probably shown somewhere: Is there any chance of finding out in which show?

Carsten

nvrbdn

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 29, 2010, 10:08:42 PM
I just bought a 71 Challenger R/T Pilot car.

Actually - I just bought a 71 Challenger R/T from a pilot. Does that count?   :eyes:

:smilielol:  the only diff between your car is an "s"  pilot vs. pilot's   so i guess its really close to the same thing. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Brock Samson

Anyone else notice it's Billboard reads "1971"?

hemi-hampton

We got a 2011 Challenger at work that's just been sitting in Primer past 2 months. It was suppose to go to the L.A Auto show but they could not decide on a color so they did nothing with it & now it sits. Many hours spent on it making Gaps perfect & body straight & now it sits in primer & might get scrapped/junked. The Vin # is #12. Early Pilot car. If it does get sold 20 years from now someone may want to know why it sat so long & sold so late, ect.  LEON.

Alaskan_TA

Carsten,
Email a photo of the tag to me if you can & I will look it over for you. The VON may offer a clue as to it's intended use.  :scratchchin:

Broadcast sheet scan too if you have it?

The stripes have been mentioned on this '71 Barracuda a couple of times, it is coded for white side moldings. No billboard stripes available on Barracudas, Cudas only, so yes, they were added.

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi Barry,

thanks a lot for the offer
I will sent you pics.
VON starts with 960
I haven't looked for the broadcastsheet yet honestly

Carsten