News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well, race season is over so what are your thoughts as you look back?

Started by Ghoste, November 29, 2010, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Myself, I feel good because I didn't break anything but I feel bad because I was gone so much I never really had much chance to get the car to the track and really pound it out hard this year.

1BAD68

Me too, I only went 3 times but learned alot.
Looking forward to next summer if my local track opens up 1/4 mile racing again.
After the flooding in July they were down to 1/8th mile only and there are rumors that it will stay that way, bummer.

68X426

I still feel like a loser. :icon_smile_angry: I never got to race in 2010.

After months of getting the oiling issue resolved on my Hemi, I then faced a problem of wrong length push rods, so never got to the track. Not ready to push the motor. (The things you learn when you have a car that you didn't personally build).

I'm hoping to hear some great stories from the racers out there. :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

TNT

I didn't get to go that often, but I raced in the Supercar Shootout series and everytime I went I got 3 time trials and 3 competition runs.  It sure beats getting maybe 2 time trials and the possibility of being a first round runner-up.  Nice group of people in well managed events.
     TNT

BBKNARF

I only went twice this year did not run any faster but had a great time. I needed a new converter, bought one, will install it early spring and I cant wait for next season.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

RECHRGD

I only went once on a "test and tune" day.  I thought I would get plenty of runs in to practice launching with street tires.  The event was not well organized and I only got two runs in.  The first run I just eased it off the line and ran a 13.7,  The second run I was more aggressive on the launch and toasted the tires netting me a 15 something.  I definitely need more practice if I'm ever going to dip into the 12's.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Ghoste

Yeah, test and tunes are always a mixed bag as to what you can accomplish.  One of our local tracks used to do a good t&t for the month after the regular season ended bbut then he started renting the track for dirt cheap in conjunction with the t&t schedule.  This would draw a crowd of 15 to 20 ricers or an F body GM club or what have you.  This sounds fine on the surface but then he'd run the track for the day as though it were a regular bracket devoted to the 15 or 20.  Then the handful of us who were actually there for t&t would get maybe three runs in for a whole day because the rental crowd would get preferred runs for "qualifying" and then a bracket program.  Oddly enough, he found yet another way to drive off his core group (it wasn't the first thing he did to irk people) and today he no lnger owns the track.
If you knew for sure what days he was doing this and who and when you wanted to do a t&t I suppose we could have rented the track ourselves but it just wasn't practical to try and organize.  Besides, if I am there to test and tune, I don't want to be set up into eliminations, I want to make as many runs as I can to tweak the car.

375instroke

Looks like this is about drag racing, but I'll comment anyways.  New hood, fenders, door skins (just flat sheet metal bent at the body lines and riveted to the fender and quarter), front bumper, turbo motor, bigger disc brakes, new 9" with discs, remove a leaf from each side, remove lowering blocks, raise lower control arm mount 3/4", bigger rims and tires, more and better lights, and some GoPro cameras to document the races.  I need to post pics from the last race.

R2

I got out a few times each month during the summer,,,and did some long weekend events,,,,
Ran a new best,,,,10.08 @ 133 MPH

Local track usually opens in March,,,,,not too much longer....

Hissing Cobra

Well, I currently don't own a Charger and I'm late to this post but when I think about this past summer at the track, I look back with a lot of smiles. I got to take my modified '79 Mustang Cobra (306/5-speed/4.30's) to New England Dragway for the annual Tasca Ford weekend and I had a blast. Racing for 3 days straight and making 21 passes, I got my best ever timeslip and top speed. I also won $49.00 by moving into the top 4 out of 64 cars that raced on the last day. My best timeslip was a 12.38 @ 111 mph. I drove it the 2.5 hours to the track, made the 21 passes over three days, and then drove the 2.5 hours home, all without breaking anything! Later on in the fall, I took my stock '89 Mustang LX to the track for the first time and went 14.5 @ 96 mph (not as fun as my Cobra but fun nonetheless).
1969 Dodge Charger 318/automatic - Gone and sorely missed.

1979 Mustang Cobra
Street, Strip, Show
306/T-5/4.30's
12.38 @ 111
August 2005 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine Feature Car
April 2007 Modified Mustangs Magazine Feature Car

1989 Mustang LX
Stock Daily Driver
302/T-5/3.73's
14.66 @ 96

Cooter

It's all I can do just to get my junk TO the car shows, let alone breaking sh*t at the track...Every time I go, I leave some sort of petroleum on the track. I guess it's like that dude on PINKS said "$4000.00 race cars won't cut it"..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

64dartgt

Hissing Cobra...do you know Dave Pag and his Wife Gina who run a Comet and a Galaxie at NE dragway?

Hissing Cobra

Quote from: 64dartgt on March 03, 2011, 07:48:18 AM
Hissing Cobra...do you know Dave Pag and his Wife Gina who run a Comet and a Galaxie at NE dragway?

Unfortunately I don't. That's cool that his wife runs too!
1969 Dodge Charger 318/automatic - Gone and sorely missed.

1979 Mustang Cobra
Street, Strip, Show
306/T-5/4.30's
12.38 @ 111
August 2005 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine Feature Car
April 2007 Modified Mustangs Magazine Feature Car

1989 Mustang LX
Stock Daily Driver
302/T-5/3.73's
14.66 @ 96