News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

25 years later.......(photos)

Started by dads_69, November 28, 2010, 01:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Summer of 1985 I owned one of many chargers back then, raced it for a few years then sold it before I moved out of state. Well, I found the car again last weekend here for sale, now I'm only 4 grand short to have it back, so yea, I'm scrambling for cash right now. When I seen the charger in the guys garage, I starred at it for a few, 10 minutes later I jumped in the drivers seat and just kept saying *wow*..... What a feeling it was after all these years to even just sit in it.
Long story short now, when/if I get it back. I'm not selling it for damn sure......
I would also have to change my name here to dads_68 vs. what it is now also, which is fine with me! Couldn't take photos of the car either, guy was to weird about it, oh well.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

miller

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

MoparManJim

Quote from: miller on November 28, 2010, 02:17:18 AM
Nice find, pics please!

He said
QuoteCouldn't take photos of the car either, guy was to weird about it, oh well.

moparstuart

Quote from: dads_69 on November 28, 2010, 01:40:00 AM
Summer of 1985 I owned one of many chargers back then, raced it for a few years then sold it before I moved out of state. Well, I found the car again last weekend here for sale, now I'm only 4 grand short to have it back, so yea, I'm scrambling for cash right now. When I seen the charger in the guys garage, I starred at it for a few, 10 minutes later I jumped in the drivers seat and just kept saying *wow*..... What a feeling it was after all these years to even just sit in it.
Long story short now, when/if I get it back. I'm not selling it for damn sure......
I would also have to change my name here to dads_68 vs. what it is now also, which is fine with me! Couldn't take photos of the car either, guy was to weird about it, oh well.

Mark
any back in the day photo's of it  ???
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Funny how different people have different feelings.  I found my high school 57 nomad and had the chance to buy it.  I looked at it and remembered the days and then said no thanks.  I just saw it as an old car.  Good Luck. :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BrianShaughnessy

Good luck getting it back.   

Hopefully it's in as good or better condition than before.   Mine wasn't but I got it bought it back anyway :P

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

dads_69

I do have old pics from when I owned it, I will load them up later today. Car is much worse now than when I sold it, but at least it runs.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

greenpigs

Sounds good, be sure to keep us up to date.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

dads_69

I'm a charger owner once again! Photos to follow later this week  :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: dads_69 on December 08, 2010, 12:55:01 AM
I'm a charger owner once again! Photos to follow later this week  :icon_smile_big:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congrats Mark!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dads_69

Thanks Cody, car is org. green with green vinyl top and black int. I'm going to paint it 68' Gold with black t/s and factory style magnum 500 rims aftermarket, 15x10 & 15x8 and that's it for now real soon.

tan top

good stuff , looking forward to seeing picturs  :2thumbs:

whats the saying ,   '' you can go home again''  :dance:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: dads_69 on December 08, 2010, 12:55:01 AM

awesome brother , cant wait to see pictures   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Brass

Congratulations.  That sort of opportunity almost never happens - glad you were able to act on it.

earthquake68

That's great! I can't wait to see the pictures of it.
Speed\'s expensive, how fast do you want to go?

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

charge69

That IS awesome .............................  :cheers:  I know it is gonna be in good hands now!!

dads_69

Thanks guys, I'm way stoked! I've wanted a 68' charger for so many years, and to find one of my past chargers for sale and get it back is priceless. Photos soon to follow  :2thumbs:
FYI, I sold my Ford Lightning to become a mopar guy again!

greenpigs

Quote from: dads_69 on December 09, 2010, 02:35:24 AM
Thanks guys, I'm way stoked! I've wanted a 68' charger for so many years, and to find one of my past chargers for sale and get it back is priceless. Photos soon to follow  :2thumbs:

I guess that means your not dead to me anymore. :smilielol:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

dads_69

Haha......smarty pants. I really need some sleep tonite, past 2 nights have been crappy, now being a reborn again mopar guy, holy crap, hahahaha.......

moparstuart

Quote from: greenpigs on December 09, 2010, 03:12:46 AM
Quote from: dads_69 on December 09, 2010, 02:35:24 AM

I guess that means your not dead to me anymore. :smilielol:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dads_69

Car runs awesome, picking it up tomorrow afternoon via slide back, to much snow/icy roads here. Pic's to follow soon.
I'm like a kid again, haha.....