News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

25 years later.......(photos)

Started by dads_69, November 28, 2010, 01:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Quote from: dads_69 on December 12, 2010, 11:01:59 PM
Trying to post more photos, but a side note, anybody have/use or know of anybody using the Magnum Force tubluar upper control arms for B bodys?

Congrats on finding your Old Sweetheart!  :2thumbs:
There might be some info here, a quick scan showed Mike aka "Mr. Angry" used them...
   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=search2
'n BTW a Mod. might move this to the charger section..
  Now, Where them Pics?..                                               :popcrn:

dads_69

Hey Dave, thanks for the info. I'm getting mixed up with Magnum Force web site. Cost is $299.00 but shipping to me in twice that. There must be a issue in the part total cost somewhere I hope. I need to reset pics, soon.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Silver R/T

Interesting story, waiting for those pics...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dads_69

Photos will not upload after 1 hour of trying, I give up......grrrrrrrr......

grdprx

Quote from: dads_69 on December 11, 2010, 05:49:55 AM
Thanks a bunch. It's a org. 383 car, I bought it for $950.00 in Tacoma,WA. in the summer of 1985 then sold it a year and a half later for $2500.00 and only did the body/paint work to it, aside from drag racing it hard and putting it away wet, haha. I won't say how much I paid for it this time around, but I will say this, I still got a smokin' deal!

Still in Western WA?

Troy

Mark, your pictures are too large. There are several threads about how to resize them in the Help section.

I'm glad to hear you've got another Charger!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dads_69

I'm in Alaska now. Troy, thanks, tried that again but still no luck, yet. I will try to adjust my digital camera as well then post photos later. And on a side note, by not buying a 68' from you or any others on line here, finally got to me over the years and I made a great investment once again!

doctor4766

Here's some of Mark's pics (they were very large but I've scaled them down a bit)

Gotta love a '69

greenpigs

Is that a shelf full of paint guns?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

tan top

good pictures  !!    :scope: i spy ICI/nexia Autocolor  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

dads_69

Thanks for posting the photos for me. The paint mix bank was free, so I'm only using up whats left of it. I use PPG, Nason and Dupont for the most part of resto's. 15 years of dust and grime to clean up now, started cutting rear quarters, rust bubbles more less before coating it with a sealer for now, new skins soon. Had to adjust the points for the motor and it runs awesome! I also plan to use a stock hood that came with it vs the mail-box as a friend quoted, haha..... It'll look good hangin' up on the garage wall.

More photos to follow as I do repairs.

Silver R/T

It's rough but it's a good project
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brass

Awesome pics.  This is looking decidedly like a Charger topic to me. 

dads_69

Made patch panels for rear quarters tonight, no other rust on car to repair/replace thank goodness. I had planned installing new skins until I started digging into it more, no need. Trunk, floors and everywhere else is clean. Just lots of paint jobs over the years I guess presserved it, ha-ha.....
I wanted to paint it gold like it photo posted a few back, but thinking of R6 red with white int. and black vinyl top like what I had owned years ago, another charger color combo I had as well.

More photos after this weekend!

moparstuart

Quote from: dads_69 on December 16, 2010, 11:28:38 PM
Made patch panels for rear quarters tonight, no other rust on car to repair/replace thank goodness. I had planned installing new skins until I started digging into it more, no need. Trunk, floors and everywhere else is clean. Just lots of paint jobs over the years I guess presserved it, ha-ha.....
I wanted to paint it gold like it photo posted a few back, but thinking of R6 red with white int. and black vinyl top like what I had owned years ago, another charger color combo I had as well.

More photos after this weekend!
red with black top  :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dads_69

More progress, should have rear quarters ready for primer in 2 weeks then start getting it ready to be jambed in soon after, meaning color choice needs to be decided soon.

doctor4766

Yep, difficult decision to make about color choice.
I'm having the same dilemma with my other Charger.
Gotta love a '69

dads_69

Trying to post photos again, making progress on rear quarter panel repairs. Gonna be a long weekend on the car at least  ;D...have a great and safe new years guys!

rt green

what color was the car when you had it? same?
third string oil changer

dads_69

Car was dark green with green top and black int. I painted it blue with multi stripes and dyed top black. Hopefully laying primer sometime next week on back half of car.

twodko

Use this website to resize your pix. PicResize.com - super easy and free. Great platform to start with! Good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

jaak

Mark,
Awesome that you got your old '68 back, I love reading those stories about folks getting their old cars back years later. Also look forward to watching you do the body/paint work. IIRC, didn't you have a Dart a few years back that you did the bodywork and paint "J6-Sassy Grass/Go Green"? I finally painted my Charger a couple of months ago, I painted it J6 (pic in avatar).

BTW, talking about resizing photos, you might find it easier to use photobucket.com , that way you just load them once, no resizing, changing file names, etc. and as long as you keep them on photobucket, they will show up here (but if you ever delete pics on photobucket, they disappear here also, it just shows a box with a red 'x' in it.)

Anyways, good luck and your charger,

Jason

dads_69

Hey Jaak, yes I did have 72' Dart J6 colored, well I jambed it in before selling it unfortunately 2 years ago. I honestly don't think having my old charger back after 25 years has hit me 100% yet. I'm stuck on two colors right now also to paint the car, sucks being a bodyman/painter sometimes, ha-ha...
Thanks for the tips on resizing my photos guys.

BTW, your charger looks awesome!

dads_69

Update: well charger is ready for primer, on backhalf of car I should say. I need to massage left fender first before I prime and sand charger completely before so as well so it will all be one color vs. multi-colored.
And, the current g/f is already b@t#hing, if the car comes before her, she is going to pack her stuff. Ha......women..... :D
Photos soon to follow as I am on a mission to drive this charger this summer looking sweeter than ever!  :D

doctor4766

Quote from: dads_69 on January 11, 2011, 03:03:16 AM
Update: well charger is ready for primer, on backhalf of car I should say. I need to massage left fender first before I prime and sand charger completely before so as well so it will all be one color vs. multi-colored.
And, the current g/f is already b@t#hing, if the car comes before her, she is going to pack her stuff. Ha......women..... :D
Photos soon to follow as I am on a mission to drive this charger this summer looking sweeter than ever!  :D

I guess she knows where the door is.......
Gotta love a '69