News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new guy, question about a parts website!

Started by the_dude, November 24, 2010, 09:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_dude

hey guys, I'm new here.  inherited my grandpa's old 66 charger with the original 383 and stick trans in it recently and I'm trying to restore it for my grandma before she passes so I can give her a couple rides in it like I promised.

been looking at the various reproduction websites and I'm curious about one.
oh and if you're wondering, no, I wont be doing a concourse restoration on the car, I'm going to modify it to my taste but not tasteless (well to me anyway lol).

www.cudajunction.com

the pistol grip shifters they have shown look really nice to me.  basically I'm in love with the darker/grainier color they have on them versus what I've seen elsewhere.  my question is this, the website just looks like a 4th grader designed it and I dont want to send money off into oblivion so is this a legit site or a fly-by-night operation where I'll send them money and never see my pistol grip?  $325 is a good chunk of change to just piss into the wind if you get my drift.

anyway, let me know if anyone has bought anything through them, thanks guys!  I'll get pics of the car when I go to pick it up from my grandma over christmas too

Highbanked Hauler

Don't know anything about them but there is a place in SC. I think the site is hurst-shifters.com and they have everything related to  hurst parts. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

John_Kunkel

Gunslinger has pistol grip shifters and handles in various materials.

http://www.gunslingershifters.com/
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

cudajunction

Our shifters are OEM, rechromed and original, with gunslinger parts.   They are not dark and grainy, maybe the pic sucks.  We do not sell reproduction shifters because our customer base are not loving these.    

We have been in business since 1999, we are not some fly by night operation.  Since we are based on the west coast, some folks may not have seen us at Mopars at the Strip (which we have sold at every year), Hot August Nights in Reno, Portland Swap Meet, etc..  

We will pass your comments on to our webmaster.