News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1/9/06

Started by Ponch ®, December 28, 2005, 11:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

So who's already in?

I just joined "the club".

I'm being purposedly cryptic...those who know the know, know.  ;D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

General_01

So Mojo, when do you start "dancing" at "the club"? :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

BigBlackDodge

Uhhhh.......Stern?

BBD

Lowprofile

I'm an XM Guy. I've had it from the beginning. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Being a Trucker, it makes my day go along a whole lot faster & my drives a lot shorter!  :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Daytona R/T SE

Planning on it, just haven't had a chance to swing by the local Radio Shack and pick one up...Maybe I'll get a chance on Saturday...Do they make a small portable one I can take from the house to the truck, and then smuggle into my thankless, pointless dead-end job?

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch on December 28, 2005, 11:50:34 PM
So who's already in?

I just joined "the club".

I'm being purposedly cryptic...those who know the know, know.   ;D

The Dish Network I have at home carries the "club" but I'll need to double check the listings to see if Howie will be on. I'm almost sure it's music only, so it may be the excuse I need to finally get it for the car. Afterall, it is a long 3-1/2 miles to work & the commute can be boring.  :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

4402tuff4u

I would, but need every nickle and dime for the Charger resto project. He's rich enough. He does not need my $ 12.95 per month. :icon_smile:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on December 29, 2005, 07:27:53 AM
I would, but need every nickle and dime for the Charger resto project. He's rich enough. He does not need my $ 12.95 per month. :icon_smile:

:iagree:

I refuse to pay for radio.

Although I have Siruis stock and I hope he does well!! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Afflyer

I began to wonder whathehell you meant initially Mojo. 

I've listened to Sirius satellite radio in my father's Magnum when they came down for a visit last summer, and I liked it very much.  I imagine the next new Ram I get, will probably have Sirius in it.  Though convincing the wife that the monthy fee is justified will be another battle alltogether.

I don't like Howard Stern very much.  I really never watched his show late night on E!, and I never listen to him on the radio.  I wouldn't pay whatever he asked to listen to him on Sirius either.  There are lots more good channels on Sirius I'd rather listen to, such as classic music from the 70's, 80's, ESPN, NPR, etc.

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Plumcrazy on December 29, 2005, 10:40:27 AM
Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on December 29, 2005, 10:23:46 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 29, 2005, 07:34:19 AM

Satelite radio is like cable TV.
Lots of channels, most of them crap.

Not to piss in anybody's Cheerios here, but I'm gonna make a prediction.
Stern is all about the "shock" factor. The reason he was so popular earlier on was because of the shock...then his popularity held a bit because of the media attention resulting from his legal fights with the FCC. Now that he's gone with the Sirius radio thing, I'm betting he'll be popular again for a year, maybe two...while he does as much "shock" as he can get out of his system, then he'll move off to has-been land.

Of course, there will be a handfull of copycats too, now that Stern has done the hard work for them. ::)
Overall, Stern bores me. I thought he was funny for about 13 minutes, until I couldn't take any more of his over-inflated ego.

That's all, I'm putting the crystal ball back in the bag again. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlockSam

I've had Siruis for awhile before Howard coming. pay for radio, your paying for it anyway. the time you spend listening to commercials. if your into music, its wonderful. music that you can't hear on any commercial radio. and control of the format with no commercials. go for a 12 hour ride  and not lose the station.  just music. Howard should be intresting. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ponch ®

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 29, 2005, 01:40:44 AM
Planning on it, just haven't had a chance to swing by the local Radio Shack and pick one up...Maybe I'll get a chance on Saturday...Do they make a small portable one I can take from the house to the truck, and then smuggle into my thankless, pointless dead-end job?

I got mine at radio shack. It's a Starmate. $39.99 and Ill get a $10 rebate. Paid another $40 for the home kit. It's a discontinued model, but I wanted to get one ASAP since theyre sellling out everywhere around here. Still,  I like it so far. I'll probably upgrade in a couple months anyway and give it to my chick or something.

Took me longer to open those damn plastic packages it came in than it took me to install it and have it activated. It probably shouldnt take longer than a few minutes to install the car kit and antenna, but I'm gonna do it over the weekend so I can take my time and I can hide the cables and whatnot pretty well to make it look good.

Aside from Stern, I'm really digging the rest of Sirius. Already found a couple of good Hard Rock / Metal Channels...and next year theyll broadcast NASCAR races. 

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerBill

Stern schmern...he's had his 15 minutes. I predict average ratings, maybe high right off the bat but nothing great in the long run.
Life is a highway...

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 29, 2005, 11:59:54 AM
Quote from: Plumcrazy on December 29, 2005, 10:40:27 AM
Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on December 29, 2005, 10:23:46 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 29, 2005, 07:34:19 AM

Satelite radio is like cable TV.
Lots of channels, most of them crap.

Overall, Stern bores me. I thought he was funny for about 13 minutes, until I couldn't take any more of his over-inflated ego.

That's all, I'm putting the crystal ball back in the bag again. :icon_smile_big:

I agree. How many times is throwing thin-sliced baloney at stripper's asses funny?

dkn1997

I like him, but enough with that hair, looks like a 70 year old woman.
RECHRGED

Shakey

Howard Stern is still around -  :shruggy:

I thought he reached his peak in 1994?  Never really saw the attraction myself.

The only reason I would pay for radio would be for the comedy channels I have listened to when I rented a car from Hertz.  Even then they had a ton of commercials.

I'd have to agree that there will be no shock factor.