News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

any of you got the book "project Charger"??

Started by jaak, December 28, 2005, 11:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

by Larry Lyles,

I got it as a Christmas present, pretty cool book, I sorta skipped the first few chapters (dissassembly) cause mine is already in a billion pieces, lol.  But its pretty cool, got a good body work section, alot of tips and tricks in it. Intresting reading material anyways. :icon_smile:

Todd Wilson

Yes I have the book. It was used a lot on the restoration of my 71 Charger. His technics in the book can be applied to about anything. He has videos that are great to watch and see in action. He will have another book out in the spring! Larry is a good guy and comes to El Dorado every year. Its always great to talk to him and he is always willing to talk and give advice on what to do or not to do.

http://www.lplbodyworks.com/

Todd

TK73

was flipping through a copy Monday, pretty cool!!
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

sixpack70

Getting it sent to me next month! Can't wait as I've been wanting a guide to point me in the right direction for putting all the stuff back together!
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

Doc74

Read it cover to cover and as a car restorer I must say he did a very very good job explaining it and not in tech lingo, this guy knows how to explain something to a varied audience.
I wont say it's THE resto book to have but anyone with interest in it and especially for us chargerfreaks it's a must have. Heck it even looks good in my tiny library  :icon_smile_big:

BigBlockSam

sounds intresting. gonna have to find that one
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bsakal

I bought it when it first came out, great book in my opinion, should be helpful in my charger restoration
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Ghoste

It is a good book and it makes a nice addition to the library.  I would like to see someone write a few books that are more specific to B-bodies made before and after 1968 to 1970 though.  I know that is where the bulk of the interest and money lies but the hobby is bigger than those three years.
Whining off. ;D

jaak

Quote from: Ghoste on December 29, 2005, 01:58:07 PM
It is a good book and it makes a nice addition to the library. I would like to see someone write a few books that are more specific to B-bodies made before and after 1968 to 1970 though. I know that is where the bulk of the interest and money lies but the hobby is bigger than those three years.
Whining off. ;D

I agree, It would be nice if someone came out with a series of mopar restoration books, one for every genration charger, dart, road runner, etc, ect. I would probably buy them even it I didn't have the car, I just love reading anything about mopars