News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nascar Advantage from the makers of MOOG

Started by E5 Charger, April 14, 2011, 08:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

Is anyone familiar with these suspension parts. The white box says Nascar Advantage from the makers of MOOG. They are sold in Canada at Canadian Tire stores. They have Moog problem solver stamped on the ball joints and also have Moog on the seals. They come with a lifetime warranty. Are these the same quality as the regular Moog parts?

CDN72SE

I'll have to check mine, sounds the same. I just ordered a bunch of parts from Rock Auto last week. I believe they look like this. Don't remember there being different lines.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/
1972 Charger SE

E5 Charger

Rock Auto wouldn't carry these, I think they are exclusive to Canadian Tire. The packaging says Nascar Advantage on it, but there is a small "by Moog" logo. I just wonder if it's just a repackage, or if they are lesser quality or seconds. I'm not a huge fan of Canadian Tire products. They often have a buy one, get the second for half price on this product.

CDN72SE

These are the ones I purchased and the parts don't even have Moog on them at all just part numbers. Out of curiosity how much did you pay at CT for your balljoints? My uppers were $39.79US each and lowers were $16.09US each.

1972 Charger SE

E5 Charger

I didn't buy any, I'm not at the point yet in the build. They have some parts on their website. I'm assuming both ball joints listed are uppers. Isn't there a threaded one and a press fit? One is $38.96 and one is $45.74, so when they have a buy one get one at half price it isn't bad. Here is a link. http://www.canadiantire.ca/automotives/parts/search_results_parts.jsp#search_result_anchor
What did the shipping cost you and was there any brokerage fees? I'm not sure if they carry all of the parts, would have to go to the store, or call, and check.
Here is a link to a LX forum that has a photo of a tie rod. http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?p=3522733

CDN72SE

Buy one get one half price is good, they also have good deals on rotors and pads. Thanks for the links, now I see what you mean about the white box and the Moog on the parts. I have a '72 so my ball joints are threaded.

I bought 2 upper ball joints, 2 lower ball joints, 1 set of control arm bushings and 2 rubber Bumpers for $145.85 then add on FedEx ground for $38.40. The Car Quest near me is also another source and they have started carrying spicer parts.
1972 Charger SE

E5 Charger

I sent an email to Moog asking about them. I wonder if they will reply?

CDN72SE

Quote from: E5 Charger on April 19, 2011, 05:03:53 PM
I sent an email to Moog asking about them. I wonder if they will reply?

Interesting to know the difference.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: E5 Charger on April 14, 2011, 08:22:52 PM
Is anyone familiar with these suspension parts. The white box says Nascar Advantage from the makers of MOOG. They are sold in Canada at Canadian Tire stores. They have Moog problem solver stamped on the ball joints and also have Moog on the seals. They come with a lifetime warranty. Are these the same quality as the regular Moog parts?

Just got my latest order a few minutes ago and my tie rods have Moog problem solver stamped on them and also have Moog on the seals.  :scratchchin:
1972 Charger SE

E5 Charger

I bet they are the same thing. I can't see them making a different product for Canadian Tire. If they did, wouldn't they stamp Nascar Advantage on them?

CDN72SE

They probably are, I checked PartSource's website and they carry TRW which is interesting. I wonder if in-store they carry Moog.
1972 Charger SE

E5 Charger

I finally heard back from Moog. They said the Canadian Tire product is not the same as the blue and yellow box. They do make a store brand line (which this is) that is not a premium quality like the ones in the regular Moog parts. The difference is, they wouldn't have a bronze bushing. He said it would compare to the  stock parts. I still wonder why it would have Moog's name on it. The tech line was in the States and he wasn't familiar with the Canadian Tire product. Hm.

CDN72SE

Very interesting, thanks for reporting your findings.
1972 Charger SE