News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1000 Point Perfect 68 Hemi Charger @ Muscle Car Nationals

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, November 21, 2010, 11:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

This Charger got a perfect score at the Muscle Car Nationals in Rosemont.  First time ever a car has done that all the way back even to the Chevy Vette Fest days.  Done by Ken Moiser @ Finer Details for Ted Stephens of Stephens Performance.

Ghoste

Whoohoo!!  Score one for the good guys! :cheers: :cheers:
Gorgeous car too.

68X426

Awesome. Any info on the car's history, driveline, etc?  :icon_smile_tongue:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

A383Wing

Question: Why does it have a double pulley alternator?

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 68X426 on November 21, 2010, 11:29:36 PM
Awesome. Any info on the car's history, driveline, etc?  :icon_smile_tongue:

Well... from the pictures and info I have, it is a Hemi, the 426 CI kind... Auto on the floor (727).  Owned by Ted Stephens of Stephens Performance.  Restoration done by Ken Moiser of The Finer Detail.

http://www.thefinerdetails-1.com/index.html

Quote from: A383Wing on November 21, 2010, 11:37:24 PM

Ken said that they had a Survivor 68 Hemi Charger that they used as a reference, and it had the identical pulley on the Alternator.  They also consulted G.G. and a few others, and they agreed that the Double Pulley was correct for this build date of car.

adauto

Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

472 R/T SE

It's a Hemi thing.

I met Ken @ Carlisle & told him how refreshing it was to see radiator supports blacked out & a few other things that he does that a lot of other big name shops don't for whatever reason.

This is a beauty.

Dans 68

That is a splendid '68.  :yesnod:  So, would a 1,000 point (perfect) ranking mean that it is factory/showroom perfect, or a step or two above?  :scratchchin:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

tan top

saw that car in the other thread !  ,  wow  thats awesome  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   :yesnod:

good pictures thatnks for posting  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Darkman

Now it's time to slap an 01 on the side and jump that sucker  :rofl:

My 383 has a 2 belt alternator pulley and, strangely enough, 2 belts
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

y3chargerrt

Emission decal is in front of the washer bottle. I have never seen that. I'm use to seeing it on the drivers side inner fender.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

DC_1

Very nice..... I'm kinda partial to this particular colour combo!

Tilar

Quote from: Dans 68 on November 22, 2010, 01:28:58 AM
That is a splendid '68.  :yesnod:  So, would a 1,000 point (perfect) ranking mean that it is factory/showroom perfect, or a step or two above?  :scratchchin:

Dan

That means it is exactly by the book the way the factory intended as of the date the car was built. Including individual parts being correct date and all.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Just 6T9 CHGR

That thing is factory fresh off the assy line!   Love the orange paint on the spark plug wires as well....beautifully done
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

What a beauty!

I am pretty sure Dodge never built them that good.  ;)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

6pkrunner

Quote from: Tilar on November 22, 2010, 07:52:42 AM
Quote from: Dans 68 on November 22, 2010, 01:28:58 AM

Dan

That means it is exactly by the book the way the factory intended as of the date the car was built. Including individual parts being correct date and all.

I'd say it would be at least two or three steps above what it looked like 42 years ago brand new. I remember them new and few were assembled and painted that nice. Beautiful machine!

oldgold69

that is exceptional   how much research went into getting date code correct   what did that cost to restore   how would you ever put a price on it

TruckDriver

Beautiful out standing car :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I'd be afraid to own a car like that though. I mean I would always be afraid of it getting dusty or being scratched or some damn fly wearing horse shoes landing on it :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: y3chargerrt on November 22, 2010, 06:38:39 AM
Emission decal is in front of the washer bottle. I have never seen that. I'm use to seeing it on the drivers side inner fender.

Does that only apply for a Hemicar or is that general for a -68?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

moparstuart

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 22, 2010, 03:31:33 PM

Per
:shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: on my 69's they are by the fender tag area
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

694spdRT

Per

My '68 383 Charger has it on the passenger side like that and it is original.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

moparstuart

Quote from: 694spdRT on November 22, 2010, 04:09:44 PM

Per

My '68 383 Charger has it on the passenger side like that and it is original.
must be a 68 thing then  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

DC_1

I've seen it on either side on 68s and wondered about that. Could it be a build date thing? 684spdRT, what is the build date of your car?

694spdRT

Quote from: Sydmoe on November 22, 2010, 04:15:25 PM
I've seen it on either side on 68s and wondered about that. Could it be a build date thing? 684spdRT, what is the build date of your car?

From memory it is a March built car. It could be different depending on the assembly plant as well.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

694spdRT

BTW: I think mine is from the Hamtramck assembly line.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

68X426

Quote from: Sydmoe on November 22, 2010, 04:15:25 PM
I've seen it on either side on 68s and wondered about that.

I just assumed the line workers came back from lunch after several Pabsts and slapped that sticker on which ever side they felt like. :yesnod:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Saw this car over the weekend at the show - AMAZING CAR!!! :2thumbs:

bull

Hmmm. :scratchchin: I thought the steering rez lids were silver. :scratchchin:

Beautiful car. :2thumbs: The standard has been set.

clownin mopar

Quote from: bull on November 22, 2010, 11:58:27 PM

The standard has been set-really??
Just goes to show if you sponsor a car show you can get a perfect score-just like Moser did at St Louis-Monster Mopar.
Maybe someone should point out the easy/obvious stuff.
1.The pulleys on the car are wrong. HEMI belts ride on the outside alternator pulley if they are double (after Jan) and depending on the date of the car, it could be a single pulley.
2.All the hoses are reproduction-and the rad hose is not even the correct shape for a HEMI car.
3. 68 Radiators never had "made in canada" stamped on them from the production line-this was a service item thing.
4. All the wiring on the car is repo-batt cables and all-look at the color of the pos cable.
5. Regulator is upside down and is the wrong color for 68-it should be red.
6.The weatherstrip & glue is wrong
7. etc etc etc....just look and you will find them-this is basically a reproduction Charger and hardly authentic/correct.
The car is beautiful no doubt. Unfortunately there were cars at the show that were more correct. This leads to problems when someone starts to look at this car as a reference and repeats the same mistakes because some judges gave it a perfect score. I've been in this hobby for 40 years and have started to see this more and more.

Magnumcharger

Quote from: clownin mopar on November 23, 2010, 10:16:32 AM

Just goes to show if you sponsor a car show you can get a perfect score-just like Moser did at St Louis-Monster Mopar.
1.The pulleys on the car are wrong. HEMI belts ride on the outside alternator pulley if they are double (after Jan) and depending on the date of the car, it could be a single pulley.
2.All the hoses are reproduction-and the rad hose is not even the correct shape for a HEMI car.
3. 68 Radiators never had "made in canada" stamped on them from the production line-this was a service item thing.
4. All the wiring on the car is repo-batt cables and all-look at the color of the pos cable.
7. etc etc etc....just look and you will find them-this is basically a reproduction Charger and hardly authentic/correct.
The car is beautiful no doubt. Unfortunately there were cars at the show that were more correct. This leads to problems when someone starts to look at this car as a reference and repeats the same mistakes because some judges gave it a perfect score. I've been in this hobby for 40 years and have started to see this more and more.

Lovely...and the debate continues!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

KEISLER

I don't feel this is a fair statement, and it questions the credibility of the other points you mention which are reasonable questions to ask.  Finer Details was one of many sponsors of the show, my company included.  Bob Ashton runs a top flight event and it is not fair or reasonable to accuse MCACN of rigging the results.

The judges are judging all makes and models of cars (Chevy, BOP, AMC, Ford, Mopar).  Ted's car is an incredible piece, and from the judges collective viewpoint, they had not seen any finer of a car to date.  Bob Ashton explained to the entire crowd attending the award ceremony that the lead judge had been judging muscle cars for 30 years, and this was the first perfect score he gave in the history of his judging.  And he was just one judge of a team of judges that all scored the car perfect.  Whether the judges are right or wrong is a matter of debate for Mopar experts and I imagine that debate will continue until some consensus is reached.   
Shafi Keisler

TheAutoArchaeologist

Hum.. that's funny that a team of judges and other mopar restorers there thought that it was the most correct/authentic.  First time in the history of the show, even since the days as Chevy Vettefest did a car win a perfect 1000. 

SFRT

this sort of thing seems pretty futile too me in the long run, as years go by. It actually sort of depresses me..the thought that people arer arguing this sort of thing. takes all the fun out of a car. I really cant even stand to look at these super flawless cars any more. Talk about killing a vibe. All the romance ande 'possibility' have been sucked out of the car. i would much rather see a line of half assed, in progress, driven qnd or raced
totally incorrect and modified cars that are alive. those cars have soul.

I guess it must be nice to spend a zillion dollars on a car you cannot drive. or maybe it sucks..case in point:

One of our club members has a completely original low mile 1970 hemi cuda. he spent a good 12 years tracking it down, and basically sold his left nut to get it....now, 10 years later, he cannot drive the car, as all those awesome perfect red dot shaped parts have deteriorated to the point where the thing barely runs and drives. I have driven it and its like a nightmare to drive, its so wobbly and fucked....and, as he has gotten older, he no longer has the financial resources to be able to replace any of the oem factory date coded correct bullshit...so in order for the car to actually become a functioning car again, and not a paperweight he would have to 'ruin' his car. he cant repaint or repair it, its too precious. neither can he drive it. its sad. and, of course he cannot sell it because he can never afford to get another 'real' one again..so there it sits..looking awesome, every part perfect, and completely useless.

the hell with that. these perfect cars are now in some zone of rich and or insane people, and no longer exist in my reality..where my 'fake' and shitty non correct car can actually be started up, driven like hell and enjoyed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

my lovely zero pointer..lol, now dont get me wrong, i would LOVE to have a 1000 point car..given to me, so I could instantly sell the thing and build me 2 or 3 hoon rockets and go have a ton of fun doing burnouts as I leave car shows.
Always Drive Responsibly

clownin mopar

My point was not to attack anyone, since I don't know Moser personally, I can't say anything bad about him. I apologize if that was taken that way. BUT, the reality is what it is. When someone sponsors a show, they should not be allowed to compete, as it is a conflict of interest no matter how you try to twist or manipulate the subject matter. I have heard many complaints about this lately so it is a real concern.
I question the knowledge of judges who allow obvious mistakes to pass as perfect. If you think the things I pointed out are debatable, you need to research ORIGINAL MOPARS! Everything I pointed out can be proven if you take the time to look. As the old saying goes, if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen!
Whether the judges have been judging for 30 years is irrelevant. I have seen carpenters, in my line of work, who have built houses for 30 years and still don't do things correctly.
If you read my original post, you will understand my point that poeple will build a car, based off this car, BECAUSE A TEAM OF JUDGES SCORED IT PERFECT!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: SFRT on November 23, 2010, 11:32:48 AM
this sort of thing seems pretty futile too me in the long run, as years go by. It actually sort of depresses me..the thought that people arer arguing this sort of thing. takes all the fun out of a car. I really cant even stand to look at these super flawless cars any more. Talk about killing a vibe. All the romance ande 'possibility' have been sucked out of the car. i would much rather see a line of half assed, in progress, driven qnd or raced
totally incorrect and modified cars that are alive. those cars have soul.

I guess it must be nice to spend a zillion dollars on a car you cannot drive. or maybe it sucks..case in point:

One of our club members has a completely original low mile 1970 hemi cuda. he spent a good 12 years tracking it down, and basically sold his left nut to get it....now, 10 years later, he cannot drive the car, as all those awesome perfect red dot shaped parts have deteriorated to the point where the thing barely runs and drives. I have driven it and its like a nightmare to drive, its so wobbly and fucked....and, as he has gotten older, he no longer has the financial resources to be able to replace any of the oem factory date coded correct bullshit...so in order for the car to actually become a functioning car again, and not a paperweight he would have to 'ruin' his car. he cant repaint or repair it, its too precious. neither can he drive it. its sad. and, of course he cannot sell it because he can never afford to get another 'real' one again..so there it sits..looking awesome, every part perfect, and completely useless.

the hell with that. these perfect cars are now in some zone of rich and or insane people, and no longer exist in my reality..where my 'fake' and shitty non correct car can actually be started up, driven like hell and enjoyed.

my lovely zero pointer..lol, now dont get me wrong, i would LOVE to have a 1000 point car..given to me, so I could instantly sell the thing and build me 2 or 3 hoon rockets and go have a ton of fun doing burnouts as I leave car shows.

Talk about killing a vibe.  

That's not the point of this thread.  Why come in and bash those that do like these kinda cars? (I could care less,  I like barn finds, but still an awesome car)  There are thousands of 68 Chargers still out there.  This is the extreme to one end, most of the thousand others are not.  This car is something that people can strive for, to look up too.  Just because you don't like the over-restored cars doesn't mean you have to rant about it and kill the mood.

But congrats, you did anyway.

QuoteMy point was not to attack anyone, since I don't know Moser personally, I can't say anything bad about him. I apologize if that was taken that way. BUT, the reality is what it is. When someone sponsors a show, they should not be allowed to compete, as it is a conflict of interest no matter how you try to twist or manipulate the subject matter. I have heard many complaints about this lately so it is a real concern.
I question the knowledge of judges who allow obvious mistakes to pass as perfect. If you think the things I pointed out are debatable, you need to research ORIGINAL MOPARS! Everything I pointed out can be proven if you take the time to look. As the old saying goes, if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen!
Whether the judges have been judging for 30 years is irrelevant. I have seen carpenters, in my line of work, who have built houses for 30 years and still don't do things correctly.
If you read my original post, you will understand my point that poeple will build a car, based off this car, BECAUSE A TEAM OF JUDGES SCORED IT PERFECT!

Sounds like you just have something against the car, coming over here from Moparts to bash it.  Usually it is just complaints from people who lost to the car that won that complain the loudest.  They had a 68 Hemi Charger Survivor in the shop to work with.  So they had about as original a mopar as you could get.

SFRT

because I think reasonably priced reproduction parts are a blessing and  that the whole 'oem' 5000 dollars for a set of shocks is the only way to 'win' thing is a scam is why. That car is awesome. an awesome paperweight.

Always Drive Responsibly

Aero426

Quote from: SFRT on November 23, 2010, 12:29:27 PM
because I think reasonably priced reproduction parts are a blessing and  that the whole 'oem' 5000 dollars for a set of shocks is the only way to 'win' thing is a scam is why. That car is awesome. an awesome paperweight.

The repro parts are wonderful and very much needed.   But at the end of the day, they are aftermarket replacements.    In the all out world of OEM judging, they should not trump an OEM date coded original.  

It is not about buying a win.   It is about making it as close to pure as when it left the assembly line.   Some people are willing to go to the mat and pay whatever it takes to make the car as close to day one as possible.   I am not in that position, but do not begrudge someone who chooses that route.

Some of the above mentioned folks are OK with a car that they will not casually drive.   Some of them have other cars.  Someone them have "been there and done that" beating the crap out of their cars and OEM is new challenge.   Call it a paperweight, an icon, a museum piece, or a trophy unto itself.  It is what it is.   There is room for everyone in the hobby, regardless of which way they want it.    

paul jacobs

Congrats Ken on a beautiful restoration. To all who have complaints or criticisms of this or any other car, I say to you, put up or shut up. It's easy to get on the web and profess to know it all and talk about other peoples work. It's a lot harder to dedicate years and lots of money to build the best car you can.
There IS room for everyone in this hobby. The repo parts are nice because there are few NOS parts still left, and when they are, they are like gold.  To those that want the best, only NOS will do, but very few people even appreciate and OE restoration.

gtx6970

Quote from: paul jacobs on November 23, 2010, 04:24:33 PM
Congrats Ken on a beautiful restoration. To all who have complaints or criticisms of this or any other car, I say to you, put up or shut up. It's easy to get on the web and profess to know it all and talk about other peoples work. It's a lot harder to dedicate years and lots of money to build the best car you can.
There IS room for everyone in this hobby. The repo parts are nice because there are few NOS parts still left, and when they are, they are like gold.  To those that want the best, only NOS will do, but very few people even appreciate and OE restoration.

I couldn't have said it better myself
:cheers: :cheers:

It's kind of like drag racing ,,,,,,,how fast can you afford to go

A383Wing

maxwellwedge

Black is correct - All the silver ones you see are old NOS replacements or incorect resto's.

maxwellwedge

Yes the regulator is upside down - I have seen plenty of yellow ones on original cars though.

Tilar

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 23, 2010, 09:28:26 PM

Yes the regulator is upside down - I have seen plenty of yellow ones on original cars though.

999 bottles of beer on the wall, 999 bottles of beer... Take one down and pass it around...
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Darkman

Just 1 tiny little scratch and it's all over!

Just imagine the stress the guy goes through when loading and unloading it for shows, not to mention the transport and then people looking at the car.

I agree with SFRT, if you can't drive it, it's not worth it (IMHO). From 50ft away SFRT's car looks no different to a 1000pt car, yet he gets to drive and enjoy it (and so do all the other people he drives past!)....GET IN, SIT DOWN, SHUT UP and HOLD ON is my motto

Don't get me wrong, the guy has done a great job on the resto and he has obviously targeted a certain group of "viewers", I look at it more from the average car enthusiast who looks at it, says "cool, that's a sweet ride", asks a couple of questions then moves on (after taking a couple of photos) rather than those who nitpick and say that bolt is from the wrong year.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

miller

I can't believe you have the nerve to call this a perfect car, how could you live with yourself, you might as well crush it.

Seriously though, this car is beautiful, I could only imagine owning a car this increadable!

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

1969chargerrtse

What I love about this 1,000 point expensive car is that the grille is done in a darker tint/shade than the Argent silver color most people use.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Gee you know your stuff, and most judges don't.   This is why when shows were coming to a close and handing out trophies, I used to pack up and leave.  
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

clanton

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 25, 2010, 07:45:11 AM
What I love about this 1,000 point expensive car is that the grille is done in a darker tint/shade than the Argent silver color most people use.  :icon_smile_big:

I thought the darker than Argent was only a 69 thing. I could be wrong.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

hemi68charger

Awesome car !!!!  But, unless it's a late-year build, isn't the wiper motor incorrect? That style didn't typically show up until '69 IIRC.... Yes, it's supposed to be a three speed, but the version with the black-halve case...
But, I have found pictures in the past of a '68 Hemi Plymouth GTX with the later version.... guess it could go either way for a certain part of the production run.

The power steering high-pressure hose looks to be not the original. The '68-only hose is like a needle in a hay-stack..

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DC_1

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 09, 2010, 03:24:58 PM
Awesome car !!!!  But, unless it's a late-year build, isn't the wiper motor incorrect? That style didn't typically show up until '69 IIRC.... Yes, it's supposed to be a three speed, but the version with the black-halve case...

Heres mine on a 4/15 build date

elacruze

<snip who cares anyway stuff>

I don't really care about the thread, but who are you and why do you think I (or anyone who thinks like me) should give you any credibility whatsoever, let alone more than a team of experienced judges? Did you work on the QC line in Hamtramck?

With a name like 'Clownin Mopar' my first thought is that you're a Chevrolet Troll whose feelings got hurt at that show.

Who are you, and why should we give a crap?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

A383Wing

moparstuart

HeavyFuel

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 23, 2010, 09:23:45 PM

Black is correct - All the silver ones you see are old NOS replacements or incorect resto's.

Maybe not......could they be silver, under the black paint? 

I'm pretty sure mine is the original cap, but maybe not, and it is silver, except for just a few little flecks of black paint still clinging.

Ain't this fun? :boogie:

ionracer24

nice lookin hemi under that baby!!    sweet car, i sure hope its not a trailer queen,  cause u know those bias ply's smoke like an ol' diesel when u lite em up!!     :D
Real race cars have three pedals......

Challengerken

Hello I'm new to this site , I would like to thank Paul Jacobs (who I have learned allot from in the restoration feild) and Ryan for leting me know about this on this site, and for the compliments from everyone else about Ted's Charger.

I was as surprised as anyone when we were told about the score, I know there is NO PERFECT CAR, but they had 2 different teams go over this car (read the upcoming Muscle Car Reveiw) go over this car, they spent between the 2 teams over 2 hours on this car, and then the Head Judge of 30 years spent another 1/2 hour on the car and the score they came up with was what our car was awarded with, I know there is no perfect car, and since this show a couple of small things that were stated have been taken care of, this is a learning process from listening to people who have pointed small things, Thanks!

This show is THE BEST in the States, they pick out the cars to come and show, we are not showing to win a class we are showing on a point scale to win a award, and every car there can win the same award, THIS IS NOT A OE GOLD SHOW , this a concorse show where repo parts that are like the original are allowed, (and I've seen repo parts on cars in the OE class as well) this Charger had a 30 year collection of Both NOS and used and some repo parts on it ( like the complete Grill assembly untouched out of the box and installed in this car) .

Challengerken

I ran out of space on the last post, I know Ted was happy about the score that his car received, he won the Gold award along with the other 9 cars that My shop  The Finer Details had there.

And for whoever Clownin Mopar is , About the sponcership of shows, I sponcer 15 shows both local and statewide, if it was not for the sponcers there would not be any shows!!!!!!

At St Louis I sponcer 2 $100.00 cash awards for 2 classes stock and modified, the cars that have won these awards have never been my clients cars, at the MCACN show I spend allot more, but this helps the show to go on and bring out the cars that we love, and every sponcer had cars entered and judged at this show , so no we don't BUY OUR AWARD'S as you seem to think, I would like to talk to you so please give me a call at 1-317-709-3625  or kmosier340@comcast.net

Thanks
Ken Mosier
The Finer Details

Dans 68

Ken,

Thanks for checking in. And don't take too seriously some of the comments you read.  ::)   It is generally good to hear from all.  ;)

This would be a good spot to have a "opinions are like a*******" smiley.  :D  Oh, and we like pictures. Lots of them....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

472 R/T SE

I'd venture to bet the clown doesn't have the stones to call you Ken.

I talked to you @ Carlisle.  Another job well done sir.   :2thumbs:

69_500

Welcome to the site Ken. I hope that you will actually post here frequently. I have been meaning to swing out to your shop here pretty soon. With us moving this fall, and finally getting settled in I may actually have time coming up to swing out that way.

Danny Liebrandt

Challengerken

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

maxwellwedge

Quote from: HeavyFuel on December 10, 2010, 12:15:56 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 23, 2010, 09:23:45 PM

Maybe not......could they be silver, under the black paint? 

I'm pretty sure mine is the original cap, but maybe not, and it is silver, except for just a few little flecks of black paint still clinging.

Ain't this fun? :boogie:

Yes - They were silver under the black paint.

XS29J8

Quote from: Devil on November 21, 2010, 11:13:38 PM
This Charger got a perfect score at the Muscle Car Nationals in Rosemont.  First time ever a car has done that all the way back even to the Chevy Vette Fest days.  Done by Ken Moiser @ Finer Details for Ted Stephens of Stephens Performance.

I like it, wonder why??? I know Ken from Indy too, so Great job Ken  :2thumbs:  and you couldn't have picked a better Charger to restore (IT COULD HAVE HAD PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY THOUGH....   :drool5: )

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

Chatt69chgr

Question on the red color:

Is the Stephens car PP1 Red?

Is that the same as R6 Red on a 69?

gtx6970

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on December 28, 2010, 07:45:45 PM

Is that the same as R6 Red on a 69?

I think PP1 is closer to R4 than it is to R6

R6 is a pretty deep blood red , I used to own an R6  1969 GTX in original paint and it was pretty dark compared to a friend of mines PP1 1968 GTX ( but his car had been repainted so I can't say with 100% certainty if it was right)

DC_1

Quote from: XS29J8 on December 28, 2010, 07:19:14 PM

I like it, wonder why??? I know Ken from Indy too, so Great job Ken  :2thumbs:  and you couldn't have picked a better Charger to restore (IT COULD HAVE HAD PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY THOUGH....   :drool5: )

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Steve

I agree!  ;)

Challengerken

Ted and I want to Thank everyone on here for the Positive comments, I will be bring ing  this car to most of the shows this year, It will be diffrent for me because I'm always with the E-body class :icon_smile_big:
And Sydmo Ted said I can do a burnout like your Beautiful Charger   when I give him the Money he spent on the restoration back to him, so it looks like I'll have to keep looking at your picture!

Take Care & Happy New Year!
Ken Mosier
The Finer Details
Automotive Restoration