News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I really like the way this is put...

Started by Brock Samson, November 17, 2010, 01:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

I was wondering when and if there would ever be a backlash to the NSA unlimited power and budget...
look up the numbers sometime...  :eek2:

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/11/16-7

an excerpt:

"It's all about everybody recognizing their role," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano explains, helpfully, referring to the full-body scans and pat-downs.

Could it get any plainer? Do you need it spelled out? Sure, she ostensibly meant the ordinary citizen's "role" in cooperating to Keep Our Skies Safe.

But the harder truth slipped out with the puerile platitude, and now it's there in a pile on the floor. We all see it, and smell it. She really means it's all about learning and remembering our place in a world where anyone in a uniform Always Knows What's Best. Oh and so does your Boss, by the way - you know, the person the folks in uniform ultimately work for. As do Napolitano, and Barack Obama, and Congress, and the Supreme Court, and the military, and CNN and Fox News. They're working for rich people who want you to have a lower opinion of yourself so you'll do more work for less money. They want you to believe that sacrifice is noble, that they're making you poorer for our own eventual good, and that resistance is futile.

Last weekend, John Tyner happened to have his brain tuned to what the TSA agent's words really meant, saw them translated in the ugly subtitles of reality: "Your body - your balls, which we're about to cup -- belong to us. Oh, and if you argue about that, we can step into that little room there, and you can bend over, and then something else of yours will belong to us, too."

John_Kunkel

Quote"The Terrorists Have Won," announces the top headline on today's conservative Drudge Report, over a photo of a TSA agent groping a nun.

The terrorists won the day that the sitting president (a so-called Conservative) overreacted to 9/11.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dans 68

Quote from: John_Kunkel on November 17, 2010, 05:42:16 PM

Quote"The Terrorists Have Won," announces the top headline on today's conservative Drudge Report, over a photo of a TSA agent groping a nun.

The terrorists won the day that the sitting president (a so-called Conservative) overreacted to 9/11.

Overreacted? Really?  :scratchchin: Please elaborate (unless you're just  :stirthepot: ) as I really don't understand your comment...

Dan

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

chargerboy69

Quote from: Dans 68 on November 17, 2010, 05:51:02 PM

Overreacted? Really?  :scratchchin: Please elaborate (unless you're just  :stirthepot: ) as I really don't understand your comment...

Dan

That makes two of us.  I do hope he is not serious.  :P
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RD

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 17, 2010, 05:54:21 PM
Quote from: Dans 68 on November 17, 2010, 05:51:02 PM

Dan

That makes two of us.  I do hope he is not serious.  :P

he is... that is the scary part.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

twodko

As I see it the only "overreaction" was that the brain trust in DC used that horrible event to invade and destroy a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. Instead of using this countries wide array of resources to go after those actually responsible, the real "evil doers" in DC chose to kill several hundred members of our armed forces not to mention the tens of thousand of Iraqis under the guise of finding Saddams WMD's...........read securing another source of oil by taking it from another soveriegn nation.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dans 68

Quote from: twodko on November 17, 2010, 06:19:19 PM
As I see it the only "overreaction" was that the brain trust in DC used that horrible event to invade and destroy a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. Instead of using this countries wide array of resources to go after those actually responsible, the real "evil doers" in DC chose to kill several hundred members of our armed forces not to mention the tens of thousand of Iraqis under the guise of finding Saddams WMD's...........read securing another source of oil by taking it from another soveriegn nation.

I'm guessing that you and John, both "NorCal" guys, didn't vote for the 2nd Bush for President....  :rofl:  That's o.k., I did.  :coolgleamA:

The reason for invading Iraq is a "difficult" subject, open to many different interpretations. Was there a UN mandate. Yes. Did the "DC brain trust" at the time go it alone? Of course not. Do I believe it was just for oil? No. Did the control of oil under a WMD dictator concern us? Yes. Do I believe it was also to remove said twitchy dictator and his government? Yes. This whole topic is a very explosive subject.  :icon_smile_wink:

Did I wish that Osama bin Hiding was captured right away? Yep. And due to his arrogance and idiocy Saddam was collateral damage. You notice that Gadaffi got religion after 9-11?  :icon_smile_big:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

flyinlow

My fellow Americans ,

I find your opinions interesting to read. As a 26 year Airline Pilot I have gone thru security thousands of times. Annoying...yes, necessary...yes as well. My Father flew B24's in WW2 , I fly the Jets you ride in and My Son did two tours as a Combat Medic in Iraq . I don't feel I am a security threat to my own aircraft, yet I have to go thru security screening. If we had no screening,what would be an acceptable loss rate of airliners per year? If the screening is too much, you will stay home and the Aviation industry dies. Where is the balance point? Effective Aviation security can not be concerned with political correctness. It must be based on sound multi layered deterrence using Intell, profilling and screening.

The terrorist have not won. They are cowards, unhappy with the existence, they themselves have created.

My country helped liberate large parts of the world from Axis brutalities, it put a dozen Astronauts on an other world and brought them back, it has given aid to most of the countries on the planet,it has opened it Universities and discoveries to the world, it streches over ten time zones ,with over 300 million citizens. While I honor the hero's and the victims of September 11.2001. It was just a pin prick to America.

THE TERRORIST HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT WIN!

Vainglory, Esq.

If you all honestly think that the TSA has ever kept anybody safe or any terrorists off airliners, you're delusional.  The TSA is a useless piece of shit.  Kunkel is just telling it like it is.

Dans 68

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on November 17, 2010, 10:31:10 PM
If you all honestly think that the TSA has ever kept anybody safe or any terrorists off airliners, you're delusional...Kunkel is just telling it like it is.

So then you also think that the U.S.A. overreacted to the 9-11 attacks?  :scratchchin:  Just call me delusional, I guess.  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan

bull

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on November 17, 2010, 10:31:10 PM
If you all honestly think that the TSA has ever kept anybody safe or any terrorists off airliners, you're delusional.  The TSA is a useless piece of shit.  Kunkel is just telling it like it is.

Kunkel never mentioned the TSA did he?

Nope. He didn't. And I don't think Bush was king during the time 9/11 took place, was he? No, therefore, many of those leftist cronies in congress (who like to blame Bush for his stupidity and/or deception) must have agreed with Bush at the time and in turn voted in favor of going to war or he would not have been able to invade Iraq, right? Now they can't decide if Bush is either really stupid or really diabolical but either way they look like fools for going along with him one minute and blaming him for the war the next. So which is it? Is Bush an idiot, in which case those leftists who voted with him look even more stupid, or is he the most clever and deceptive genius to step foot in the White House for having the ability to deceive most of the liberal-minded Congress at the time? More people were privy to the CIA and British intelligence reports after 9/11 than were privy to Obama's health care bill before they voted that in. So Obama's gang hides the facts and demands a vote while the other reveals the facts and asks for one. I'm sure you'd probably say those intelligence facts were obfuscated, right? That's a debatable and unproven conspiracy theory utilized by those who suffer from voters remorse.

I'm not saying the war in Iraq is/was necessary or that it was the proper response to 9/11 but what I am saying is that this childish Bush finger-pointing is ridiculous and stupid when everyone knows the blame/credit is shared among many.

BTW, how do you know the TSA has never kept anybody safe or any terrorists off airliners? Do you have the ability to peer into wormholes and see parallel universes where a TSA-free version of the US is just as safe and this reality?

chargerboy69

Quote from: flyinlow on November 17, 2010, 10:19:22 PM
My fellow Americans ,

I find your opinions interesting to read. As a 26 year Airline Pilot I have gone thru security thousands of times. Annoying...yes, necessary...yes as well. My Father flew B24's in WW2 , I fly the Jets you ride in and My Son did two tours as a Combat Medic in Iraq . I don't feel I am a security threat to my own aircraft, yet I have to go thru security screening. If we had no screening,what would be an acceptable loss rate of airliners per year? If the screening is too much, you will stay home and the Aviation industry dies. Where is the balance point? Effective Aviation security can not be concerned with political correctness. It must be based on sound multi layered deterrence using Intell, profilling and screening.

I appreciate your opinion because you are someone which goes through the security on a daily basis.  My question is Israels El Al, a airline I believe most terrorist would love to take down, does not have this type of security. They make it work, why can't we?  I have my own opinion, I was just curious what yours was.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Brock Samson

Though some really great thoughts and questions have been raised - I really liked this last one,.. this isn't really about Bush or Obama but about the inevitable backlash to these in credably expensive not to mention invasive full body scans and pat downs.
Who's paying for these extremely expensive measures?.. The Terrorists?..  :scratchchin: And by expensive I don't simply mean they cost money, but time and a very undefined/overlooked loss of personal rights. Sorry to have to play the devils advocate on this and some other issues, but damn, somebody has to. The amount of preparation and time it takes to travel these days is asinine! What!?. I can't take shampoo or my Super Expensive MD prescribed skin cream with me, my scissors or nail file in my toiletry bag. They have to be taken away and thrown into a lage Garbage Can?!!!   Ever see the E-bay auctions for the confiscated items sold by the hundreds of Lbs?..   :o
Ever had your airport shut down cause Johnny Mc Dumped phoned in a bomb scare to screw with his Ex?.. Or read how some intrepid individual held up flights for two or three hours by simply walking around a security checkpoint?..
I have to remove my belt shoes all items from my wallet and run through a scanner and/or pat down all of which which involves arriving at least two to three hours early at the Airport. Oh what?! A 15 Hours Flight to Greece isn't loong  enough?.. Do you know what these Body Scanners cost?.. Or how many there are - or on order?..  :o
 Don't forget we now have to pay cash for the luggage we bring, unrelated to the security question perhaps but also a further degradation of the air travel experience and efficiency.
 I thought this is a dialogue the public finally needs to have, and Thanks God someone has the cajones to stand up and say "I'm angry and I'm not gonna take it anymore!".. It also seemed like a good time with all the travel about to commence.

Sale of airports' banned items proves bountiful
By Gary Stoller, USA TODAY
 http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2006-02-06-confiscate-usat_x.htm

Road Dog

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 18, 2010, 09:33:50 AM
Quote from: flyinlow on November 17, 2010, 10:19:22 PM
My fellow Americans ,

I appreciate your opinion because you are someone which goes through the security on a daily basis.  My question is Israels El Al, a airline I believe most terrorist would love to take down, does not have this type of security. They make it work, why can't we?  I have my own opinion, I was just curious what yours was.

Israel profiles people. :2thumbs: The cry babies in this country (they know who they are) couldn't deal with that. :shruggy: Profiling is exactly what we need. :yesnod:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

bull

Quote from: Road Dog on November 18, 2010, 11:15:15 AM
Israel profiles people. :2thumbs: The cry babies in this country (they know who they are) couldn't deal with that. :shruggy: Profiling is exactly what we need. :yesnod:

Yes, but it's not politically correct and political correction rules this country. Common sense says you probably don't have to worry about the little old lady from Wichita but there they go, groping her anyway because the Islamic groups are crying foul if they don't.

flyinlow

Any time you go to the government and ask/demand for protection or other service there will be expence and aggravation. So be carefull with this.

Aviation security is continually evolving to respond to evolving threats. The lastest development displays your body in an animated image that does show how well endowed you are.
Now who see's it? A TCA agent in an isolated room who has no direct view of the person being screened. Sounds like it would get boring pretty fast.
Procedures need to be in place so you would remain anonymous to the screening agent, unless they discovered contraban (no jokes please).
The images should be erased as soon as you completed the scan ( does the government still erase stuff?)
The alternative is a pat down or drive your Charger.

Is this an effective deterrence and will the passengers be willing to pay for these measures?  Future bookings will say.

I would like to return to the days of a high level of service. I would  also like to return to the days of a high level of ticket prices so I can buy more Charger stuff. For now I have to do more with less.

PocketThunder

Quote from: flyinlow on November 18, 2010, 01:17:24 PMThe lastest development displays your body in an animated image that does show how well endowed you are.

Did you google some the images that they can see?  :o We might as well all walk around in the buff.  The whole airport is a nudist colony to the TSA agent behind the curtain.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargerboy69

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 18, 2010, 02:29:17 PM
Quote from: flyinlow on November 18, 2010, 01:17:24 PMThe lastest development displays your body in an animated image that does show how well endowed you are.

Did you google some the images that they can see?  :o We might as well all walk around in the buff.  The whole airport is a nudist colony to the TSA agent behind the curtain.

That is exactly right.  They had a congressman from Utah on Fox News and he said some of the scanners are so detailed they will pick up beads of sweat.  They will also store images.  Something the government said would not happen.

Quote from: Road Dog on November 18, 2010, 11:15:15 AM

Yes they do, and it works great.  Of course we don't want to profile anyone in this country. Not when we can use scanners to check out the boobs of hot blondes passing through them.

--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

I flew out of Atlanta this afternoon and I didn't get groped or scanned.  Didn't see long lines or any of the other problesm that were assured to be happening at the advent of the long weekend.  Maybe tomorrow will be different but it sure looked to me like a lot of much ado about nothing... again.

Brock Samson

Ghoste

I can only report what I saw Brock.  As a frequent air traveller today seemed like business as usual to me.

bull

Look! Your granny is doing lesbo acts in public!

bull

Khyron

maybe I don't care because I'm not asshamed what nature gave me :nana:

let them look and go home and feel bad for themselfs, I could care less hehehe

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Khyron on November 19, 2010, 09:23:56 AM
maybe I don't care because I'm not asshamed what nature gave me :nana:

let them look and go home and feel bad for themselfs, I could care less hehehe

Sure pal, thats not what you said the other week.    :nutkick: :loser:

Quote from: Khyron on October 04, 2010, 11:13:05 PM
ahhh 37, it's a inch taller then mine, so take her down 3 inches... heheh
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

thats right... 36 inches baby... i have to check it as carry on!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

ohhh, and not to be a real ass.... but seriously, when was the last time you where at an airport.... they need to look at 100+ fat, ungly, old, gross people before they get to one good looking one... let em have thier 1 nice one :P

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

flyinlow

Quote from: Khyron on November 19, 2010, 02:24:58 PM
.... but seriously, when was the last time you where at an airport.... they need to look at 100+ fat, ungly, old, gross people before they get to one good looking one... let em have thier 1 nice one :P

I couldn't agree with you more!      WE NEED MORE HOT BABES AT THE AIRPORT!!!!      gigadi,gigadi,gigadi

Brock Samson

Mother groped by TSA at Dayton Ohio
http://www.ourlittlechatterboxes.com/2010/11/tsa-sexual-assault.html

acklash grows over pat-downs, scanners
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2010-11-17-airportpatdown_N.htm

Grandma groped by TSA blasts 'invasive' body search
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20101118-NEWS-101119778

Rep. Ron Paul: Introducing the American Traveler Dignity Act
http://original.antiwar.com/paul/2010/11/17/introducing-the-american-traveler-dignity-act/

I'm sure with all the recent spotlights shown on the TSA they're gonna be on their best behavior.

twodko

Here's the deal: There is a virtual army of people all over the world who hate America and Americans and whose sole wish is to kill us. We are now forced to take every precaution we can to protect ourselves/country at the expense of our civil liberties.  
If we want to fly we have to tolerate these intrusive security measures which means, in essence, the terrorists have won. The bad guys have made it necessary for the US government to cast aside our Bill of Rights so it can appear to provide some semblance of "safety" for its citizens. None of this will change and it will get worse. The multi-nationals who control the US government, not we the people, will not allow this to change because it would mean the end of their gravey train.
Remember what Truman said: Beware of the military industrial machine. We've allowed this machine to grow unabated for decades and it has started war after war to keep those big bucks rollin' in. Its no wonder so many people would like to see this country destroyed and its people scythed down like so much rotten wheat. The machine has cost us our freedom and good standing in the world community.
The only option open to the people of our country is revolution,  revolution on a massive scale, which will destory us as a people and country - the bad guys have won thanks to the machine..........IMO

flyinlow

The military industrial  complex can not start wars. The President can run a war for a few months , then it requires congress to approve, last time I read the Constitution.

twodko

Quote from: flyinlow on November 19, 2010, 06:00:05 PM
Wow man..the colors!

The military industrial  complex can not start wars. The President can run a war for a few months , then it requires congress to approve, last time I read the Constitution.

This is the way its supposed to be..........hasn't been for a long time. The Constitution and Bill of Rights have been and are being manipulated to meet the goals of the 1% who have big money and the unilateral power to influence events both here and abroad without public oversight. Our political "leaders" are figure heads put in place by huge money concerns. I don't buy into conspiracy theories but I damn sure pay attention. The system is broken on many levels and I'm not convinced "we the people" can fix it. The phrase "follow the money" should be at the forefront of our national scrutiny of anything the government does otherwise we're just sheep. A healthy discussion or debate is the exchange of ideas and opinions. Participating in such a debate is never a place to disrespect another persons view or perspective i.e. - "Wow man..the colors!"

Brock Samson

flyinlow

Quote from: twodko on November 20, 2010, 01:08:51 PM
Quote from: flyinlow on November 19, 2010, 06:00:05 PM
Wow man..the colors!
. Participating in such a debate is never a place to disrespect another persons view or perspective i.e. - "Wow man..the colors!"

A valid point. I removed the comment from my post.

t.

twodko

flyinlow,

No worries, we're good and thank you.

Tom

Brock Samson

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/11/24/notes112410.DTL

keeping in mind his job is to stir the pot and get folks commenting -there's some valid feeling expressed here too...
One thing ya' gotta say about the TSA, it's a growth industry.  :lol:

twodko