News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Timing set question small block stroker

Started by Reidar, November 17, 2010, 12:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reidar

Hi guys!

Im buliding a 415 stroker based on a -75 360 block.

Bought and installed a Scat stroker crankshaft and a comp roller cam.

When we put on the timing set it seems like the diameter of the crankshaft is to smal, if you know what I mean.. It's loose and the chain also seems to be i little to long.

Do anyone know what the problem could be? Do I need a special timingset?

firefighter3931

Quote from: Reidar on November 17, 2010, 12:23:02 PM
Hi guys!

Im buliding a 415 stroker based on a -75 360 block.

Bought and installed a Scat stroker crankshaft and a comp roller cam.

When we put on the timing set it seems like the diameter of the crankshaft is to smal, if you know what I mean.. It's loose and the chain also seems to be i little to long.

Do anyone know what the problem could be? Do I need a special timingset?

If the main journals were line bored the chain might be too long. They do make timing sets that have an undersized chain for this reason.

Not sure why the crank snout seems small....maybe the lower gear is too large ? It might be worth trying another timing set because this one has a few issues. It could very well be manufacturer error  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs