News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who insures your Charger(s) and how?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, November 15, 2010, 09:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

Perfect timing on this thread...  I just signed up with American Collectors.  Hope I never need it, but it's reassuring to have now.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: knitz01 on November 19, 2010, 01:55:53 PM
Anyone insure in prosess project? im worryed about theft and not getting crap for it.... i rent so will renter insrance cover it. It dont drive half in peices.
Thanks

Any good collector car policy will allow for partial coverage, covering "work in progress" (provided it is not driven on the road)  :2thumbs:

Bossman963

I have agreed value with the Delph Co/barret Jackson and its insureed for $30K and cost $26.00 per years- YES $26.00 per year , I have 2 other cars on the policy  and its $480 per years and i car is value @ 125K
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

FLG

Quote from: Brass on November 19, 2010, 03:05:54 PM
I have Hagerty too and I'm happy with them.  Agreed value and no mileage limitation to speak of, all at a reasonable rate.  I think the only requirement is that the car needs to be garaged.  (Which it should be anyway.) 

Those with strokers: how did you answer whether the car was "modified" or not?  If you answered yes: how much did it impact your premium?  I'm considering a low-deck stroker in the long-range future, and I'm wondering how much that might cost me in insurance.  I don't like splitting hairs with insurance companies but still...  (Sorry for the hi-jack but it's somewhat pertinent.)

Brass i dont really think that would be considered modified, i think they might mean some other crazy modifications body wise or some real blown race motor, NOS..ect. No ones going to be taking your engine apart to see whats in it, so if its not visible i dont think it matters.

:2thumbs:

Lifsgrt

I insure with State Farm at the moment, keep antique plates and am limited to when I can drive the car.  To and from work, for instance,  is strictly prohibited (but I occasionally roll the dice anyway).  I talked to Hagerty and one other company, can't remember the name.  I've found if you say you occasionally race the car, they will not insure the car, period.  Anybody know of collector car insurers that allow racing, or racing insurance to cover the car while racing?
Best time 11.07@121

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Lifsgrt on November 20, 2010, 11:18:26 PM
I insure with State Farm at the moment, keep antique plates and am limited to when I can drive the car.  To and from work, for instance,  is strictly prohibited (but I occasionally roll the dice anyway).  I talked to Hagerty and one other company, can't remember the name.  I've found if you say you occasionally race the car, they will not insure the car, period.  Anybody know of collector car insurers that allow racing, or racing insurance to cover the car while racing?

The NCM (National Corvette Museum) Insurance (Underwritten by American Modern) actually HAS endorsements for racing your car!  :2thumbs:

Check with Adam Boca @ http://www.ncminsurance.org  or (877) NSUR-NCM (6787-626)

I hope this helps - They insure MORE than Corvettes...

adauto

The best deal for the coverage I wanted was with American Family (I have other stuff with them)- which I dont belive is available in all states. They only insure classics by appraised value. Which in my case was the best way to go. I did check with all the "BIG" classic insurers and they were the best rate for apples to apples coverage. Granted my appraisal was done at the "peak" a few years ago. God forbid anything happens.... but I will be ahead of the game!  If you had other vehicles with them , I belive a car with a 30K value would be a little over pocket change to insure......  :shruggy: 
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

1BAD68

I got a quote through American Family because we have other insurance with them but backed out and went with Hagerty.
Just feel more comfortable knowing that if I have a wreck, the insurance company only deals with classic cars and (hopefully) the claim would be hassle free.
For some reason I think a regular auto insurer would be dumbfounded by the cost of parts for a 40+ old vehicle.

adauto

Quote from: 1BAD68 on November 21, 2010, 01:31:41 PM
I got a quote through American Family because we have other insurance with them but backed out and went with Hagerty.
Just feel more comfortable knowing that if I have a wreck, the insurance company only deals with classic cars and (hopefully) the claim would be hassle free.
For some reason I think a regular auto insurer would be dumbfounded by the cost of parts for a 40+ old vehicle.

Quite possibly... but lots of guys in my area have them. And they been good on other things for me. I think thats were the "apprasial" thing comes in.  :shruggy:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl