News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3 speed wiper has ONE speed... question

Started by Death Proof, November 15, 2010, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Death Proof

My 3 speed wiper seems to only go one speed, slow. Is it time for a rebuild on the tired old motor?
;D

Back N Black

I think the resistor on your 3 speed dash switch is not working.

Death Proof

charger2fast4u

Would the resistor cause the wipers to stop in the middle of the windshield when you turn off the switch?  And not let them return to the bottom where they should be . You have to turn the switch off at a certain point of where the wipers are at to het them to return to the bottom when off. This is on my 73 challenger

Back N Black

Quote from: charger2fast4u on November 17, 2010, 02:56:52 AM
Would the resistor cause the wipers to stop in the middle of the windshield when you turn off the switch?  And not let them return to the bottom where they should be . You have to turn the switch off at a certain point of where the wipers are at to het them to return to the bottom when off. This is on my 73 challenger

Here you go.

Bench testing procedure.

Test #1(Hi speed)

Connect jumper wire from motor case to battery ground.
Connect second jumper wire from battery positive to BROWN lead.
Motor should run hi speed continuously.

Test #2 (Lo speed)

Connect jumper wire from GREEN wire to battery ground.
Join BROWN and RED wires together and connect a jumper wire from battery positive to them.
Motor should run at slower speed.

Test #3 (Park)

Connect jumper lead from GREEN to BROWN wire.
Connect jumper wire from red wire to ground.
Connect jumper wire from Blue wire to battery positive.
Motor should reverse and park.

(Depending on where the motor had stopped the park feature may have a full rotation or very short rotation

Death Proof

Is there a newer aftermarket relay/switch setup that can be wired in, rather than using the old stock switch? :coolgleamA:

charger2fast4u

Quote from: Back N Black on November 17, 2010, 08:01:07 AM
Quote from: charger2fast4u on November 17, 2010, 02:56:52 AM

Here you go.

Bench testing procedure.

Test #1(Hi speed)

Connect second jumper wire from battery positive to BROWN lead.
Motor should run hi speed continuously.

Test #2 (Lo speed)

Connect jumper wire from GREEN wire to battery ground.
Join BROWN and RED wires together and connect a jumper wire from battery positive to them.
Motor should run at slower speed.

Test #3 (Park)

Connect jumper lead from GREEN to BROWN wire.
Connect jumper wire from red wire to ground.
Connect jumper wire from Blue wire to battery positive.
Motor should reverse and park.

(Depending on where the motor had stopped the park feature may have a full rotation or very short rotation

thanks for the info. when you say connect a wire from the motor case to ground i would take a wire connect it to the metal motor case and connect it to a good ground? this is on a 2 speed switch? also when i test the wipers ill want to stop them  in the middle of there cycle before they return to home and do the home test. if they go to home it means i have a defective switch in the home position of it?

Topher

Check to make sure the switch is grounded for proper parking. If that checks out, it could be under the switch plate.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com