News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sad News for My local Salvage yard

Started by Blown70, December 26, 2005, 09:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkness

Tom the reason I ask about the Dakotas is I have an 89 Dakota Sport Convertible 4x4 so I don't know if they have anything like that in the yard some parts? Anyways, also even if the Dart or Scamp is a 4 door I still wouldn't mind. It would be worth saving for the parts either way ya know or maybe making a rat rod sleeper driver lol. Just let me know. I know Russ is interested in a couple on that list as him and I discussed yesterday. Anyways, congrats on the new purchase. ;D  If you guys needed help hauling stuff I have a long bed 04 Ram 1500 4x4 with just a little 4.7L so I could haul an engine or tranny or two if you guys wanted me too and pull a car or two with it as well.

Blown70

Quote from: 89vert4x4 on December 27, 2005, 11:59:43 PM
Tom the reason I ask about the Dakotas is I have an 89 Dakota Sport Convertible 4x4 so I don't know if they have anything like that in the yard some parts? Anyways, also even if the Dart or Scamp is a 4 door I still wouldn't mind. It would be worth saving for the parts either way ya know or maybe making a rat rod sleeper driver lol. Just let me know. I know Russ is interested in a couple on that list as him and I discussed yesterday. Anyways, congrats on the new purchase. ;D   If you guys needed help hauling stuff I have a long bed 04 Ram 1500 4x4 with just a little 4.7L so I could haul an engine or tranny or two if you guys wanted me too and pull a car or two with it as well.

Well the place is snowed in and he was not to keen on letting me in but he knows me so it was ok.  I would suggest planning a trip for March or so.  Trust me I got a good cardio work out trying to dredge through the snow....

I will keep you updated if you like, Again, pretty sure no trucks but I will check again or if you head this way in the spring let me know.

Tom

CaptMarvel

Man, I wish I could travel back to 1989 again when I was going through Selma, Ca., a small town just south of Fresno & happened upon Glenns used cars lot. Looked as if it had been there since the 50's. I am not kidding when I say that the newest car there was a 65 Chevelle & they were all American makes. I think I counted 90+ cars, Hudsons, Studes, Packards, Destotos, Pontiacs everything was there, you name it! I talked to the old guy onsite & he said that a developer had just bought the place & all the cars were going to disapear, but he would sell each one for a minimum of $250.00. I doubt that most of them ran, & needed other work too, but a very cool day for a classic car maniac like me. I remember almost buying an old 51 Hudson 2 door, but decided against it.