News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do I buy parts that don't break in a year or two?

Started by 375instroke, November 10, 2010, 07:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

I'm tired of buying parts at Crapa or Schmuck Auto Parts and having them go out in a year, or not work at all when the original third rate car company parts lasted 40 years.  WTF?  Where can I get decent parts like a heater core, starter, alternator, plug wires, and so forth, that work worth a s#!t?  I'm in Seattle.

Ghoste

Now that most everything is made as cheaply as possible in Mexico, India, and China?  Good luck.

Mike DC

The service/maintinence parts industry seems to have made a collective decision that only the GM products need to be fully functional.  Everyone else's stuff is strictly decorative.

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

RallyeMike

Only oil and antifreeze from Schmucks/O'whatevertsthenamenow.

NAPA seems to have the best electrics, brakes, etc. around. Just go to the warehouse store in the Kent Valley - they have it all right there and it's staffed with people who seem to have at least a basic grip on car parts.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

1969chargerrtse

Yeah NAPA has good stuff.  Also look for a place that still has lifetime parts, if there any of those around.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

RallyeMike

I replaced the "lifetime" starter in my Volare wagon 4 times in a month.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

bordin34

So far Carquest has been good for me, usually Raybestos, Moog, or other name brand parts in CarQuest boxes.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

elacruze

Quote from: greenpigs on November 10, 2010, 09:51:58 PM
Have a shop rebuild your original part if possible.

X2.

If not, 'lifetime warranty' is the best of bad choices. High-priced aftermarket usually works but is...expensive.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

billssuperbird

i buy parts at this little auto parts store. and the one guy that owns the store has a 1970 rr gtx. and a 426 hemi in the back of the shop. :2thumbs:

ChargerDuane

avoid remanufactured parts like the plague is what I've learned.
Make it so!