News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Panels

Started by GreenChargerSE, November 14, 2010, 12:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenChargerSE

Who's making quality fenders and quarters for 73-74 Chargers?  I see a lot of manufacturers whose quarters look stamped from thin metals, and before I risk my money, wanted your opinions.  Also, any there good front fenders being reproduced?

I do see some decent-looking quarters for 71-72 Chargers manufactured by AMD, but nothing for 73-74.  Anything different in the 71-2 body lines of the fenders or quarters from the 73-74, other than the roof pillar (C-pillar?).

Thanks

mikesbbody

At the moment, 3rd Gen Fenders are not being made I know that 73-74 Quarters differ slightly to 71-72's
Not sure about the Fenders maybe they are slightly different too? Natcho where are you?

GreenChargerSE

mikesbbody

No, Natcho is one of our 3rd Gen Guru's  ;) he knows all the details but I think from Memory (from what Natcho said) the difference's are in the wheel arches being cut slightly higher in 73-74 models in the Fenders and Quarters than the 71-72's.

Nacho-RT74

73/74 quarters just those TABCO made, and they are from the upper body line, not from the roof. Ppl use to call to this panel as "quarter Skin".  Prices rates $300 to $400

71/72 are allmost imposble to fit on a 73/74 without HEAVY modifications. Around 60 % of panel is different. Quarter window opening shape AND size. Lower part of opening is around 1.5" higher than 73/74. Lower body line between door and wheel is diff too. The only section could fit from a 71/72 quarter panel on a 73/74 MAYBE could it be all the wheel opening edge together with rear section from sidemarker to bottom, and to make that, better get the TABCO piece. Already used by several members and prooved to fit nice

I think TABCO panels is in Ohio BTW, so you could save shipping

nothing more related to 73/74 is being made... there is a seller offering fiber glass fenders, but dunno which year based. Yes thats the difference about wheel opening height allong some other inner parts differences, like front splash shield area and of course, front splash shield shape and size, and section what meets with radiator core support

I'm pretty sure rear wheel openings are the same shape

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html