News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Ohio Roller Coaster

Started by 2fast4u, December 28, 2005, 01:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2fast4u

With a record-breaking height of 420-feet and record-breaking speed of 120 mph, Top Thrill Dragster delivers on its promise of thrilling riders this summer at Cedar Point.

Have any of you seen this yet?
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

2fast4u

more pics................

2fast4u

couple more.......

2fast4u

Will it scare you....................

........................YOU BET!!!

Silver R/T

that is scary...not afraid going fast horizontally but vertically is another thing
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

We watched that thing on the Labor Day weekend.  Didn't ride it the first day because we were trying to hit all the rides the kids wanted first (my kids are too small for that thing).  The second day it was broken down.  One of the employees told us it breaks down all the time. Different people told us it wasn't really that scary.  It happened so fast that the only scary part was waiting in line.
I'd have tried it.  Maybe next time.

last426

I like the way they hold that track up there with the rope.  Just goes to show you that even with modern materials we always fall back to the old, trusty standbys.  Kim

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on December 28, 2005, 02:09:33 AM
. . .   Didn't ride it the first day because we were trying to hit all the rides the kids wanted first . . .
     I'd have tried it.     . . .

Ya, sure you would have, right, blame it on the kids, haha.      J K.   :icon_smile_big:

There is no way I would go on that thing, and I've jumped out of an airplane before.      That is crazy.      :eek: :scared: :scared:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Lunger

Was at cedar point this summer with the family. I took one look at it and said " son your 42 year old heart would not take , just back away slowly" lol.
BULL OF THE WOODS

73dodge

Yea it's a cool ride

If they can keep it working more than one day a week

That thing if I remember correctley was only operational about 50% of the time the last 2 years

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

TruckDriver

Being afraid of heights, you couldn't pay me enough to go on that thing :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BigBlackDodge

As they say in Texas, El Paso! :-X

BBD

Ghoste

Now see Seattle, I used to fly and I always thought the guys jumping out were nuts.  Now THAT is something I wouldn't try!  (my wife tried to talk me into once about a hundred years ago)

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on December 28, 2005, 12:39:11 PM
Now see Seattle, I used to fly and I always thought the guys jumping out were nuts.   Now THAT is something I wouldn't try!   (my wife tried to talk me into once about a hundred years ago)
I bet she wanted to pack the chute for you?  :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_blackeye:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

I don't think I'd ride it either.
I'm not really afraid of the heights, I just don't like that type of ride where I feel I'm not in control. I can blast through tight canyon roads on a motorcycle all day...but I sure wouldn't do it from the passenger seat with someone else at the controls...same thing with massive rollercoasters.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Doc74

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 28, 2005, 01:45:22 PM
I don't think I'd ride it either.
I'm not really afraid of the heights, I just don't like that type of ride where I feel I'm not in control. I can blast through tight canyon roads on a motorcycle all day...but I sure wouldn't do it from the passenger seat with someone else at the controls...same thing with massive rollercoasters.

You got that too huh ? It's weird, speed is always fun, the more the better.I loved racing my bikes, bringing it up to 180 mph and not even thinking about that turn that might be too tight  :icon_smile_big: (that was on a track for the record, I'm stupid but not THAT stupid)
But when I have no control, I can't deal with it, not in a car, on a bike and especially not in one of those rollerthingies !

4402tuff4u

Here in the east coast we have Six Flags Great Adventure Kinga Kong - I believe it's 418 feet tall located in NJ, about two hours away from me. My kids want to go on it this summer. I might join them. It can't be any worse than flying acrobatic maneuvers.    :icon_smile_shock: :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

TruckDriver

I just don't like that type of ride where I feel I'm not in control.

Ha, so, if we ever get the chance to meet, I guess that means that you won't like riding with me to get a few beers :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

SeattleCharger

. . . I just don't like that type of ride where I feel I'm not in control.   . . .

That's why the thought of marraige scares me.  

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

my73charger

For me it isn't the heights o the speed.   It is definitely the fear of the ride failing and the harness coming loose and the car getting stuck halfway down or up...something like that...maybe it is the lack of control for me as well..this ride probably works better than exlax for keeping you regular.

chargerboy69

I believe this will be the 3rd year for the Top Thrill Dragster. Iam a season ticket holder at Cedar Point. I go many times a year, and have riden this coaster many times. It is alright. It is over before you know it. The ride is only 6 seconds I believe. Wait 2-3 hours in line for 6 second ride. That sucks. They have several other coasters that are alot more fun.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

bluesfool

QuoteIt is definitely the fear of the ride failing and the harness coming loose and the car getting stuck halfway down or up

My brother and nephew went on that ride after waiting in line almost 2 hrs the year before last. Once they finally got their turn to "blast off", there wasn't enough power to get over the hump and they made it about 20 feet away from the apex before they fell backwards back to the starting line. The second attempt got them to within a couple of feet of the apex before falling backwards again. The third time they finally made it. My brother had a blast but my nephew (11 yrs old) was just about traumatized and was crying (probably like I would have been)!

Silver R/T

I wonder what they'd do if someone died on it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 28, 2005, 11:17:07 PM
I wonder what they'd do if someone died on it

Cry?

I wonder what I'll do if you post another lame question.