News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$30K '70 clone anyone?

Started by Patronus, November 07, 2010, 09:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Patronus

Ah. Should've known... oh well. Might help someone out. $30 large aint too bad.. is it?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

montana bird

The pics on ebay you could see all kinda things wrong. The front fenders looked to be fiberglass and had an awful gap to the front of the doors. The body lines on the hood did not line up to the nose cone. It almost looked like the nose cone and front fenders were one peice. I thought it was too much for a sat with cheap bird parts. No rear plug. In this soft economy too much money for me :Twocents:

wetfeetmi

I would part ways with mine for $30k....seriously

ACUDANUT

I like that that Blue Daytona...30K ain't bad either.

moparstuart

Quote from: wetfeetmi on November 16, 2010, 08:30:35 AM
details , complete ??  parts used to build it ??   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wetfeetmi

1970 318 automatic b5 Texas car with air. Now b3 with 318 fresh automatic, sub frame connectors, full poly bushings. Car was virtually rust free except for trunk floor which I replaced. Hush matted entire car floor and truck. I replaced front drums with E-body discs w/new calipers.  Original interior and dash pad in good condition. It needs headliner, one sail panel emblem, arm rest bases for rear, and could use pitman arm. I replaced tie rods, ball joints, door seals, and about a thousand other small parts. It has new Nascar style 15" steel wheels and new tires. Aluminum solid wing, Vega hatch, Janak nose, latch tray, & spoiler. I have been driving it around for the last 3 years, and it has never failed me. Air conditioning is not installed, but who cares. It has a make-shift exhaust system, because I was going to turbocharge it and have not found the time to do so. Car is near Kalamazoo and if anybody wants to see it they can call me at 269-251-9199. Rick

ACUDANUT

318 ?? Really...Why the vega hatch ?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 19, 2010, 09:44:05 AM
318 ?? Really...Why the vega hatch ?

Using a Vega hatch is a very common way to flush the rear window on a Daytona clone. Its very close to the same dimensions. the main diff is that the top edge of the glass is more straight across and the bottom is more arched than than original cars glass. The Vega hatch give a cloner a nice window opening ,glass;and trim for not much moola.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ACUDANUT

Really, Cool I did not know that... Doesn't someone repo the plugs ?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 19, 2010, 10:17:10 AM
Really, Cool I did not know that... Doesn't someone repo the plugs ?

Yes, But if you buy a steel repop plug ,then window,then trim,you end up with 5000.00 or so. The Vega hatches usually range from 0-300.00 with glass and trim. A little more labor and not exactly right,but there are likely a few hundred (tops) people that could tell the diff without researching it first.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ACUDANUT

wetfeetmi

Any year non-louvered hatch will work. Here is another pic if any cares...

BigBlockSam

Quote318 ?? Really..

i thought you where gonna put a diesel in it ?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dangina

I love the daytona - any pics of the rear window up close? It looks like your missing trim on the back window - am i just seeing things? lol I do like the non vinyl roof look...

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

SRT-68

Quote from: wetfeetmi on November 16, 2010, 08:30:35 AM

I need to sell the SRT-68 and buy this car! Unless you are looking to trade?

wetfeetmi

Sorry, no trades...just bought another car.  I was going to put a MB 3.0 turbo diesel in it, but the wife talked me out of that idea. I found a good 318 and was going to turbo that, but just can't find the time. I will dig up some more current pics of the "finished" product.

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE