News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cuda Kens HO Grand Prix PIC yes I am hooked again

Started by cudaken, December 25, 2005, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Couple of things happen to get me to get out the old HO Track. Post on the main page about the new Superbird 1/32 scale I think and Allen giving me the key to the club house. That got me thinking about the old HO track that has been stored for 12 years.

Like most guys i got my first set when I was say 11, it was a pretty big set for a kid my age. Track was 4 X 8. Well a flood took care of that set. Then around 1985 my self and my best friend then got into it again. Track was 4' X 12' I think. Pretty good set up an we had a blast much to his wife's dismay. ;)

I got promoted and moved to the town I live at now. Garage was a monster, 1500 SQ feet. Made a car friend that was sort of in to HO. Track came out and grew again. Track was based on 3 4' X 8' plywood is a U shape. That gave us a 16' back straight away and track grew to 117' feet.

He moved and my wife talked me into buying this house with the in ground money pit, I mean pool. Garage is still a good sizes, but not like the old one.

After I dragged out the track I sat it up in the family room. It was fun but the Irish Wolfhound thought she was Godzilla and the track was Tokyo. That will never do so out to the garage I go.

Made the track on Christmas eve, and was done on the cheap. With some dumpster diving I found some 12' X 4' pallats made with real 2" X 4" that where 12 foot long. Was a bitch to break up with the 2 pound hammer but got it done. I did clean the mess up. Next I bought 2 4' x 8 ' pieces of plywood from home depot and a kit to make a saw horse, I had 2 all ready. Cost of the table was $40.00.

I am looking for a blue print that will let me fold the track against the wall and on to it self. But that is down the road.

Few Pics.
I am back

TruckDriver

That's a nice layout. Gotta find a couple of the Daytona bank curves for the end of the long straigt :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

cudaken

Track is just ruffed in and no power yet. I hope to add green out door carpet and land skaping later. Track is L shape and back straight is only 10'. :'(

Here is a over view of the track.
I am back

cudaken

You mean something like these? ;)

This is the first bank turn. I did cheat by looking at other tracks and threw in straights in the turns. This should be where I can start dropping the hammer on the Daytona. ;)
I am back

cudaken

This is the second banked turn, little hard to see with the rasied track.
I am back

cudaken

This is the back straight, could not get all of it. Rasied track will have a platform under it and hand made supports. The blocks where all I had at hand tonight.
I am back

Todd Wilson

I found my slot cars the other day cleaning thru some stuff. I used to have a big track setup years ago. We would get together and drink beer and race. We were more into the high bank Daytona type tracks. Just a big oval with banked curves.   I had a Petty SuperBird and the Days of Thunder set. Have a few other slot cars as well.   One trick I learned since we ran an oval track   was to take that sticky putty you hang posters up with and you could scale the car sticking little pieces of the putty under the body and it seemed to help it go around corners better as you had weight at different areas of the car.

Someday if I ever get a house with a basement I will have my track setup again and get out my Lionel Train collection.

Todd

TruckDriver

Those are the curves I was talking about Ken :yesnod: Damn, I may have to find your house when you get it done, now I got the itch again :P
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

cudaken

Last PIC.

This is the final bank trun is stalled. I still have one to go.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

Here is the biggest track I have seen yet. Teams fly to England to races a 24 hour races on this track. In this PIC it is 220 feet long.

Also a great link about HO cars. http://www.hoslotcarracing.com/index.html

Cuda Ken
I am back

Andrew

Makes me wanna set up my old track.

About a year I had a small one set up in my room, and I didnt want to break it up (you know how it is) so I stuck it on my wall, above my bed.

Early this morning it fell down (on my head) so now theirs pieces scattered all over the place.

TruckDriver

Here ya go Ken.. This guy got a few cars I used to have

Charger
PETE

bull

All I know is that if I was a 'toon I'd be all over Jessica Rabbit. :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CFMopar

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Charger_Croatia

I have a daughter so it will be funny if I got "her" such thing. Once I bought remote control car (Dodge Ram...he, he) and my wife had provoked me that I got that for myself.  ;D

OK, I'll tell her "For my next birthday I want track!!"   :icon_smile_blackeye:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

ipstrategies

Petar
Since my daughter has always shared the love of cars and music with me, I have been able to buy cool stuff for her that I could share. When she was 5 she got her first electric guitar (Fender Duo 3/4 scale so she could play) she still plays guitar and people thoughs I was crazy buying that,  but she still has it along with a 70 Gibson SG, drum set (she plays). I bought a really large track (not quite as big as Kens when she was 8 or 9 and we had a blast for a long time with it. I have put it away so I could work on my Charger parts in that part of my basement.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

my73charger

cudaken

Thread Marshal, dog is plaster much like me. Sue and I made it before we could get a big Dog. I like big so I got wolfhounds.
I am back

cudaken

Well, like normal I went off the deep end and been bugging people at a HO Track site. Met a fellow Mopar guy that says he has a bird. He and I have been picking on each other some what and has been fun. Reason I said he claims to have a bird he has no clue to who Ted Janka is? Oh well, still fun.

Have redone the track and has been a pain in the a-s. Seems all I do is clean dead spots. Have learned some tricks that help. But with a track this sizes there are a lot of joints to be cleaned.

Rebuilt the Daytona today. Boy I am getting old, could hardly see the parts? But haul's ass like she use to.

Few PIC of the new lay out. Not done yet with the lay out but getting closer. I now have 92 feet laided out, Saturday I will added power traps. Back straight is a little slow.

Don't worry I will be back bugging you guys pretty soon.

Cuda Ken
I am back