News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 RT louvered insert

Started by greasyspider, November 06, 2010, 04:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greasyspider

In need of the bottom half of the louvers for my FC7 R/T.  Anyone know where I can find it?
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

mikesbbody

Nobody makes them you will have to find a good used one you dont have to have the lower part
Just dont take the car out in the rain!

greasyspider

I have the upper louver, I am looking for the lower piece.  Does anyone know if the lower half is the same as the superbees?
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

71_Charger_R/T

Super Bee is a one piece fiberglass piece and R/T is two piece pot metal construction.

greasyspider

Is the lower piece something that can be fabbed? Anyone have a pic?
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

71_Charger_R/T

Probably pretty hard to fab unless you could make a mold off of an original and make it out of fiberglass. It mates up with the upper pretty tight so it would be difficult to make it look good. :Twocents:

Here's a Super Bee insert for comparison.

greasyspider

Hmmmm.... Any ideas on what I should do? Would making a flat plate work, or would there be drainage issues?
'71 Plum Crazy  R/T

mikesbbody

If you make a flat plate then you will be doing what I'm gonna do I'm only doing it because I don't have any kind of insert. You could make it so it seals good (semi permanent) that way, if you do find a bottom insert you can take the plate out. There shouldn't be any drainage issue after all, 72-74 Bulge hoods (with the exception of the 72 Ramcharger Hood) had no inserts.

Nacho-RT74

I loooove the bee insert...

but not the R/T insert
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html