News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dynacorn 70 Challenger

Started by E5 Charger, November 05, 2010, 11:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

Ghoste

Wow!  Unless I missed it, I am really shocked Kevin Shaw never posted this one up for us.  This is some real big news.

Daytona R/T SE

Now, make it a ragtop and I'm interested.  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

I wonder where it will come in price wise?

E5 Charger

$17,500 in Canada, with a January delivery date. Don't know about the US price.

NorwayCharger

A big portion of the Challenger's final materialization can also be linked – surprisingly enough – to Fiat's acquisition of Chrysler. Recently, the new management decreed that the licensing of recreation parts be broadened to allow aftermarket companies open range to repop vintage muscle car parts. It might not sound like much, but it actually means that more major aftermarket companies will be reproducing everything that you need – and have been waiting for for years – shortly!

I love Fiat  :icon_smile_big:
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

BrianShaughnessy

The value of all those rotted up Challys in somebodies back 40 just took a tumble.   Meanwhile,  values of NOS vin tag rivets went up.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

mikepmcs

good, maybe i can get one on the cheap now. :lol:
one question though, why a challenger body over a Cuda'
I like them both but i've always thought the Cuda' was just a little nastier looking.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

Could they be easier to stamp out for some reason?  I ask because it seems to me that AMD did the Challenger panels before the Cuda as well?

Old Moparz

I think it's great, probably the best news in a long time from the aftermarket. My guess on why they did the Challenger before the Barracuda is because the Challenger is also a new car from Dodge, while the Barracuda isn't since Plymouth is history. I'm sure the ragtop will follow, that's what they did with the Camaros, Firebirds & Mustangs.

As for VIN & title issues, Dynacorn's site has a Q & A page that discusses it.  http://www.dynacornbodies.com/faq.php
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

jaak

Wow, Dynacorn used to say they wouldn't ever build a mopar. It makes since they made a Challenger vs a Cuda, due to the fact Plymouth is gone and Challengers are a new model. I may be a little bias but my vote would have been for Charger body  :2thumbs:, maybe just leave the side markers off, and the tailpanel...that way you can weld in whichever AMD tail pan and cut out which markers you need, that way you could have a 68, 69 or 70.

But then again, I wouldn't pay 17,000 for a bare shell.

Jason

Ghoste

Add up the costs of buying a project car and the sheet metal to go on it and then the labor to weld it together. ;)

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghoste on November 06, 2010, 09:46:06 AM
Add up the costs of buying a project car and the sheet metal to go on it and then the labor to weld it together. ;)

True, there's no way it'll be cheap. If you already have a complete basket case you want to fix up, this body shell is probably cheaper in the end. It's also nice that it's entirely new metal without any chance of fatigue or hairline cracks. A few years ago I sat down with a piece of paper & realistically wrote out what my '71 Barracuda might cost. (Damn E-Body prices) It needed at least a trunk floor, driver's floor, one quarter, both fenders, & both doors. I can't do it myself & know that once you dig in there will be more metal needed that you didn't see, not to mention all the refinishing on the parts that remain.

After all the sheet metal costs & labor to install it, the $12K to $14K for the shell doesn't look too bad. I'm taking a guess at that price based on the ones already available.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mike DC

If they ever remake "Vanishing Point" I still want them to whack the bulldozers with a '67 Camaro.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 06, 2010, 11:48:09 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 06, 2010, 09:46:06 AM
After all the sheet metal costs & labor to install it, the $12K to $14K for the shell doesn't look too bad. I'm taking a guess at that price based on the ones already available.

It's $17,500

Ghoste

There is already one bad remake of Vanishing Point, isn't that enough?  :lol:

Old Moparz

Hey Brian, I'm still thinking it'll be less than $17,500.

Look at this Camaro shell price of $13,500 with a $1000 gift card discount. 
http://www.justsheetmetal.com/classic_body_CA67.asp
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger440RDN

I believe the 68-70 Charger is the most popular mopar out there right now, which means Dynacorn won't be able to ignore the demand for long. A Charger body shell WILL be made in the future. The 1970 Chevelle is as popular as the Camaro and Dynacorn enventually made one of those.

Ghoste

I don't know about it being the most popular.  In my opinion it should be but I'd bet there is still way more interest in the E-bodies.

Belgium R/T -68

Beeing busy with a Challenger ragtop and in the phase of buying sheetmetal I have some questions.
AMD are at least 6 months from releasing front fenders for the chally since the tryouts hasn't been approved, they planned on doing doorshells but stopped those plans due to prospected low sales so
how can there be a huge demand of a complete shell? If AMD with their good reputation has problems with the bodylines of the challengerparts how good is the quality of these shells?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Ghoste

Hard to say until we see them.  The Chevy crowd seem to really like them.  :shruggy:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 06, 2010, 12:39:24 PM
Hey Brian, I'm still thinking it'll be less than $17,500.

Look at this Camaro shell price of $13,500 with a $1000 gift card discount. 
http://www.justsheetmetal.com/classic_body_CA67.asp

Good luck on getting that discount...  not saying there won't be any eventually but those Camaro shells were priced at $13.5K and below to begin with.    Anyway the target audience is a LOT smaller...  I'm not even gonna bother looking at Mudstains.

70 Challenger production 76,935
71 27,377

69 Camaro production 243,085
68 235,147
67 220,906

RD

Quote from: NorwayCharger on November 06, 2010, 04:04:56 AM
A big portion of the Challenger's final materialization can also be linked – surprisingly enough – to Fiat's acquisition of Chrysler. Recently, the new management decreed that the licensing of recreation parts be broadened to allow aftermarket companies open range to repop vintage muscle car parts. It might not sound like much, but it actually means that more major aftermarket companies will be reproducing everything that you need – and have been waiting for for years – shortly!

I love Fiat  :icon_smile_big:

GOD BLESS FIAT!!! :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger440RDN

They might not be able to keep enough Charger shells in stock if they build it and the price is somewhat low. I mean just look at ebay, people are buying rusted piles of junk Chargers for 7K and up.

Here is a perfect example from another thread:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-DODGE-CHARGER-REAL-RT-SE-BARN-FIND-XS29-A47-CODE-/280582994887?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item41540cbbc7

Ghoste

Of course they'll still have to buy the 7000 dollar wreck so they have a nice shiny VIN to transfer over to the new shell.