News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gateway International Raceway closes

Started by hemigeno, November 03, 2010, 05:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 09, 2010, 03:15:54 PM
the rumor continues that there may be a track again in mo. 30 miles north of wentsville mo. in a town called eolia mo.  a quarter mile track but drag racing only. no oval.
I race buddy friend was also talking about this track a month ago , g0ing in way north of wentzville
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

yep, 30 miles north. they are getting the monies together now. they said if they start soon, mabey something might be able to happen there by july. he was saying that he thought they had already had conversations with the producer of monster mopar but nothing was decided. i dont know for sure how he got all this info, but im eating it up. if any of this is true, hope there is hotels close. :smilielol: seems like a small town.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar_Guy

The word here is they raised thier taxes again, and it's just not feesable.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: All the prime locations are dealing with this. How about a little help from the tax payers, CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES !!
John3

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar_Guy on November 10, 2010, 12:03:53 PM
The word here is they raised thier taxes again, and it's just not feesable.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: All the prime locations are dealing with this. How about a little help from the tax payers, CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES !!
Madison should be happy that the place brings people in to there town !   They should cut them a break on the taxes not run them out of buisness   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

madison?  How many people eat sleep or buy gas in Madison?  Madison only has a couple of restuarants, no hotels and gas just across the river is cheeper.  Towns like Granite City, Pontoon Beach and Collinsville reap the bennefit of any track activity.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

gateway selling memories tomorrow, saturday 11-13, from 9-2 at the track. :boogie: not sure what all they will have, but could be cool to check it out. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

thedodgeboys

pace car  :drool5:
flags banners I can think of lots of stuff  :2thumbs:

wish I could go

Recharger

Damn, that's horrible news.  This was my annual excuse to visit my old college buddy from StL and waste money on Charger parts.  I throw in my vote for moving things closer to Chicago to Rte. 66 speedway in Joliet IL.   :shruggy: 

66chargerkid

Topeka Kansas FTW
Wing cars on the road course =P