News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone have pics of US car tool subframe and inner fender brace install?

Started by challenger70, November 02, 2010, 08:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

challenger70

Like it says, anyone have pics of US car tool subframe and inner fender brace install?  I am trying to get a picture as my welder is saying the subframes fit like crap and is saying the inner fender braces are too short to install as the only pic I found online was of the XV inner fender braces, I am sure a pic would help us sort this out.  Thanks :2thumbs:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

elacruze

My body guys did say it took a couple hours of massaging to get them where they wanted them, but overall were very pleased with the product and result.

A couple more pics in my resto thread;
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,66411.msg744819.html#msg744819

Sorry I didn't get the fender braces, I don't think they even offered them when I got the SF connectors.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Charger-Bodie

I did my frame connectors a little different than most. I welded steel in between the top open parts in spaced out areas and then plug welded them from the top,as to not have the solid weld looking non stock. If I were planning to undercoat the car the solid weld would not bother me,but with the shiny paint I think this looks more at home.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Troy

Brian (1HotDaytona) also did my sub frame connectors - but welded all the way. They were not an exact fit but my car will be undercoated and I can't imagine that anyone will notice any gaps. It certainly won't hurt the performance. I did not use their inner fender braces.

Be sure to add a hole for the parking brake cable!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Bobs69

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 02, 2010, 08:55:24 PM
I did my frame connectors a little different than most. I welded steel in between the top open parts in spaced out areas and then plug welded them from the top,as to not have the solid weld looking non stock. If I were planning to undercoat the car the solid weld would not bother me,but with the shiny paint I think this looks more at home.

Nice.  So you welded them from inside the car.

charger2fast4u

check out this thread http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,70988.0.html   from what ive heard they are a alright fit just need alittle modification to fit perfect ill be buying these when the time comes take some pics and post them up when you get it all straightened out.

charger2fast4u

Forgot to ask the people who have the inner fender braces would they cause any clearance issues with big tires or if you lower the front end or have air suspension?