News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Poll Question: 3rd Gen Glove Box Liner

Started by RallyeMike, December 22, 2010, 02:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Color is the Glove Box Liner in your 3rd Gen?

My 3rd Gen B-body has a white/clear glove box liner
13 (68.4%)
My 3rd Gen B-body has a black glove box liner
4 (21.1%)
I never noticed.
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

RallyeMike

I have owned numerous 3rd gen Chargers, Satellites, and Roadrunners. Every one of them had a plastic glove box liner that was kind of an opaque clear/white plastic. Only one of all those cars had a black one: A 71 Satellite Sebring 383 car, B5 Blue in and out.

I still wonder why, or how common black was, or if there was a particular plant or year that used the black liner. Help me satisfy my Mopar curiosity with your input.

:scratchchin:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Brock Samson

my mid yr. '71 Road Runner had a Black one... Don't recall ever seeing the other... Pics?..  :popcrn:

RallyeMike

Maybe it was a 71 thing and that is the simple answer ? All the rest I have owned were 72's and up.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

71charger_fan

In two '71s and a '73, they were all the translucent white. However, I think the one in my '74 Satellite may have been black, but I don't remember.

JohnnyBee

My
St. Louis: Bee is Black
LA: Bee is Black
Lynch Rd: Bee translucent white with inspection mark.

tricky lugnuts

1971 Charger SE with black glove box liner, assembled November 1970 in St. Louis.

chargd72

My 72 SE came out of St Louis and has a white one.  This is hard to see a pattern...

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger