News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

old 35mm slides converted to photos 69 Charger

Started by BB1, December 27, 2005, 08:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

You don't know how much that's gona cost you, yikes.   :P

New to me in this format, brings back a lot of memories. Not only because it was my very first car, it was a Charger.

Lets see if it works, before I write more.....

Ok, this is 1987 I believe, 1) the 383 is still in it 2) Look at those socks.   :o Yeah tell me about it.

Owned by my mother, technically it was her car. This was for insurance reasons, because I was a minor with new drivers licence in 1983. My sister was taking a class in photography and she needed to do slide work, so I volunteered. It was painted in 86, I remember that because I was taking a computer class for the Apple 2c. After word processing with that (#^$@(&#^) I thought computers would never catch on. I was wrong, along with Chargers wont be worth much.

Although I don't own it anymore, if anyone knows who does, let me know. I'm not going to bug you to get it back, just a history lesson.

Note the metal flake in the paint, it was painted in Imron. I wanted it to change from black to green in the light, and shade, it did.

It has every crazy option on it because I put it on. Cruse control, t-tac, rear speaker with rear defrost, 6 way seat, speaker fade switch.
R/T option, suspension and brakes, engine, trans, Dana 60. Originally   just a XP29G9. And the worst thing I did was put a manual steering box in it.

The engine came out of a Coronet R/T along with the 727. [should be a vin on it]

Dana came out of a E-body, had to relocate the spring perches.

4 row radiator, with electric fan in front, switch activated. Auto meter gauges, two on the left [oil/water] and a tac on the steering wheel.

I understand that thing change over the years, owners and such do their own things. I do have a vin.

Thanks for looking friends.   ;D
Delete my profile

BB1

Delete my profile

BB1

Delete my profile

hydroforce

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BB1

Thanks guys, probably why I hang around here so much.

With this site and Gods good graces, I'll have another one.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

bull

Nice! That's a very dark green. It isn't original is it?

BB1

The color no, maybe 3 shades darker than F8. It was originally F3 light green, I believe.

Not a factory color for any production car that I know of,  just picked it out of a paint chart. I wanted it to be the darkest green to almost black I could go. The results was just right.

It was changing colors depending on the light all the time, with the flake it just sparkled in the sun light.
Delete my profile

Ghoste

Your sister took some nice shots, the car looks great, and see, we didn't mention the 80's preppy look at all.

BB1

:smilielol: Thanks   ;)

If you look a pic 6 from the top long enough, you swear it was a black car. Then green, man that's freak'en me out  :scared: Try it.
Delete my profile

Charger_Fan

Man, those are about the best pics from the 80's posted here yet! :icon_smile_big:
That's a great looking Charger...now why did you sell it? :-\

You should try & get the VIN to Chris' 69 registry, for all you know, he might already have it on file & know it's whereabouts.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

:o That's a great sixty nine I can see why you'd want to get it back... i love that dark green looks like that late '60s Chevy Dark Green mettalic..

enjoyed the pics! thanks!

Doc74

Fabulous car, amazing pic quality, whatever it cost, it seems worth it and a great story to back it all up....but it was the socks that got me....
No laughing no but seeing that made me fall out of the chair. I was 13 in '87 and those are MY socks and MY nike's, way too freaky  :icon_smile_big:

bsakal

Nice car. I hope mine turns out that nice. Oh by the way, nice socks! :icon_smile_big:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

BB1

Thanks CH, SRAT, Doc, Bsakal

I had 21 slides, and it cost me $80; but I had never seen them before now, so what the heck.

I know where the vin is, it's just a matter of finding it. My parants don't throw anything away. Same house 44 years never moved.

Three reasons I sold it,  Â :-\

1) Going to College [out of state]
2) The "great" state of Calif [smog laws] It sounded modified, like it had a big cam. Well duh!
3) Payed off my Jeep
4) Didn't know when I'd ever get back to it.

You know the story... O yeah stupidity #5.  Â :P

If I had it now, it would have a crate Hemi in it, plus a lot of new fancy suspension and brakes/ wheels and tires.

Delete my profile

Brock Samson

so was it stripe delete or what?.
great socks BTW.  :icon_smile_approve:

BB1

It was not an R/T, I didn't know what that was till after I bought it.

I didn't care, 12 years after, it had the parts of 3 junked R/T that were in various SoCal junk yards. I have the fender tags of 2 of the R/T Chargers that were crushed; Chris has the numbers.

I sold it with a black R/T stripe, after all. I liked it better without.  :icon_smile_big:
Delete my profile

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rt green

run a make on the black cal plates. if it is still in cal, you should be able to find out what happened to it.    bruce
third string oil changer

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

BB1

Thanks fellow 69'ers.

This is what I know about its whereabouts. I sold it to a guy, that turns out flipped it to a fella in Hawaii.
My mother received a letter from him wanting some registration info. She sent it, that was 10 years ago.
I'll start looking for the letter and vin when I fly back to San Diego this Spring.
Incidentally, I'll be at the all Mopar Spring Fling in LA.

I emailed people that live in Hawaii, I think even the club there, but no luck yet.

If it is still there, it will be an easy find. I'm betting it is not in the same shape I sold it.

I gave the original 383 to the flipper, so he might have replaced the 440 with it. Dana will be gone, the paint would be 20 years old. Might be ready to sell,...===> :icon_smile_big:

Still if there is no chance, or it's wrecked beyond repair, I'll be out there in the classifieds searching for another.

Does not need to be an R/T, prefer it to be a console automatic 318 or 383 car, with factory air; 68 or 69.

My goal is to make it do 150 mph and do low 12 sec 1/4. No NOS but possibly fuel injected 472 Hemi, with a full interior and air blowing cold.
It'll be a FrEaKen monster.   ;)

Ed

Some of mine and other links.

http://www.carlsbadraceway.org/Drags.html

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/836223
Delete my profile

BB1

Wow, 4 years 2 months ago I posted this... man I'm old.  ;D

Why bring this fossil up? a lot more people are on now and maybe some one knows where it might be.

Sold it in 1995 for 4800. yes I'm a moron  :brickwall: :brickwall:

Originally a 383 2v auto ps pb, paint is a custom dark green Imron with metal flakes.
Painted in 1986 it was a true 80's flashy paint job.  :hah:

It was the style at the time, here it is with slots.  :mrt:

I watched DOH, A-teem, Knight rider, BJ and the Bear when they were new shows.
I think they had an influence on me.  :yesnod:

Anywhoo

Before I leave this planet, I plan to recreate my 1st car with every detail, from the paint to the 440+6 and the Dana 60 and maybe the slots too.
I don't want any other Charger be it a Daytona or a 500 or R/T.

I will promise this to myself, before I go. :angelwing:

Keep my feet to the fire
Delete my profile

BB1

Can you see the flakes? It had a little gold it it.  :scope:

It could change color in the light, in the dark it looked black.
Delete my profile

Purple68

Very cool pics, thanks for posting them. Hope you can locate your old Charger. I just picked up a slide and negative scanner and found a bunch of my Charger pics from 1984 and I was dressed kinda funny by todays standards too! :smilielol:

BB1

I was around 20 years old at that time, it was how I got back and forth to college.  :coolgleamA:

I majored in auto mechanics and my Charger was the test bed for my class.
I worked on it every day to get it to run like a race horse, and it did.

To find it would be tough, so I think I will just build one like it again.

I also one the Muscle Car Nationals back in 1989 with it. Ah the memories.
Delete my profile

tan top

good to see them back in the day pictures !! BB1  :coolgleamA:  love the slots  :yesnod: :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

DC_1

Do you have the VIN#? Can you see if it is in the registry now? Or with the VIN can you do a search for the last known owner?

Just a thought....

bakerhillpins

:hah:  those Nike' sneakers and striped tube socks caused a whole raft of high school flash backs.  :smilielol:

Great pics, and I hope you get to your goal.  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

BB1

Thanks  :blush2: I just wish I had the same waist.  :lol:

I have the (vin) some where let me look around.

Last place I found the car was on Hawaii.  :shruggy:

The guy traded it for a Porsche because it blended into the the landscape on Hawaii to well.
People couldn't see it.
Delete my profile

jb666

Wow!! I love stories like this and hope you find your dream... I'll be keeping my finger's crossed for you!!!

1969chargerrtse

I'm amazed at all the work you put into it.  The list of things you did were amazing.

Love the old jet ski in the hanger.  Those things were exhausting to ride.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BB1

Thanks guys.

These are pictures I've posted before, hope Troy doesn't mind.

The DOH is the reason I bugged my mother to buy me a 69 Charger.
In 1982 I was 16 years old and like a lot of boys I loved the General Lee.

The first thing I did when I got my learners permit is to ask my Mom to buy me a 69 Charger like the Duke boys had.

I never thought about painting it orange or anything, I just liked the style.

I did know it was a Dodge, but I didn't know the model? One day peddled my bike to the library and looked in some automotive books. Once I found it I picked up the local paper to see if there was one for sale.

My Mom was sitting in bed when I stuck the paper in her face and said can we buy the one I had circled.

It was only $500. and it had a rebuilt engine in it. I explained how I needed a car for high school auto and I was learning to drive bla bla bla.

Once she said yes, I called the owner to have him drive it to my house so I can see it.
The rest is history.

Enjoy.

Pics are from 1983 and I turned 17
last one is I think 1987
Delete my profile

BB1

My parents drive way back in the day.  ;D

Last two are from the Mopar club I belonged to in San Diego.

Just a bunch of old used cars that people where throwing away.  ;)

That is my green Super Bee that I paid $600. for and it was all original down to the carburetor.

Yes that is the only 71 Charger R/T that was ever painted pink from the factory.
My buddy Nick still has it.
Delete my profile

tan top

more great pictures BB1  :yesnod:  thanks for sharing  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bakerhillpins

That shot with you sitting in front of the Charger is stellar!  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

BB1

;D I'm such a dramatic ham. Thanks

But heck, that pile of steel was like a buddy to me, it never let me down, not once.  :cheers:

I've had 2 other 2nd gen Charger after this one, but they were like bad step sisters then anything else.

I'll try one more time to find a Charger in decent running condition. I don't know if the same felling will come back to me or not.
I guess you have to live with them awhile until they feel like they're really yours.

Delete my profile

moparmoynihan

These old pics are awesome!! Green looks evil on Chargers.
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

moparmoynihan

This is a pic of mine in 2004 at a local car show. It looks very similar to yours. I love the slots, I may polish them out again when the paint is finished. And yes, thats me behind the wheel, handsom huh? :D
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

BB1

Dude that's wicked, at least I'm not the only one.

If I would have know there would be an invention called the internet where Charger nuts would gather, you all would have saved it from leaving my hands.

So technically I blame everyone here for it.  ;D  :nana:  ;)
Delete my profile

Brock Samson

BB1

Thanks buddy  ;D

I'm heading down to San Diego today for the weekend.

La8ta  :vert:
Delete my profile

200MPH

im not much of a green fan ,but wow your old car was pretty sharp i hope your dreams of building/finding yours  work out for you!  :2thumbs:
Charger