News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first car... err truck!

Started by BIRD67, November 01, 2010, 09:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

I got the majority of the truck stripped of paint, then my friend came over and we spraybombed it.. pics tomorrow!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

BIRD67

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

BIRD67

not too good, not too bad, it's 8 dollars worth of spraypaint from walmart.. I still have to do the roof and finish the hood..

nvrbdn

you can make a great grill out of alluminum strips, or some mesh to protect that radiator. a low flyin bird will do that in quick. looks like a nice muddin truck.  cool :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BIRD67

thanks! as for a grille, I found one for $30, just gotta get the money lol it sucks not having a job!

greenpigs

You could do a little dance and post it....might get some paypal donations. ;D
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

chargergirl

Just tell them you'll explain booning...or boon dock playing basically. GREAT Find. Looks great! Like the paint job!
Trust your Woobie!

earthquake68

When you want to get serious about wheelin', you need a way to test the four wheel drive to make sure it's working properly.  :D :icon_smile_big:

This is Earthquake I, 10" of lift and 40" Swampers. Earthquake II had 17" of lift with 44's. (now you know where my screen name came from)
Speed\'s expensive, how fast do you want to go?

BIRD67

Haha that's awesome , earthquake! I think I wanna put some real lift in it, I have 3 inch blocks in the back.. I want to do a 3/4 ton axle swap.. some nice springs and probably 6 inches of lift.. and I'm gonna stick with the 39s I got, they work great despite being as old as me lol

BIRD67

I know the 4WD works.. I broke the bolts that hold the u-joint on the yoke so I had to drive it home with the front driveshaft in on 4 High..

BIRD67

I forgot I ever posted this thread.. Not much was happening with my truck up until a few months ago whn i got it in the school's auto program. Now I have new floors, I am getting new blocks in the rear, got a new pinion yoke and solved a myraid of wiring puzzles. I am also taking my first stab at bodywork.. I haven't gotten a transmission yet, but I am workign on gettine one at the moment..

BIRD67

pics

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BIRD67

so my floors are finally welded in. I got my new suspension blocks for the rear and got those installed.. Now I am goign to fix the e-brake.. I traded my 33s for a set of 35s. SHe's getting there, and the best part is I have less than $500 invested inn the truck, thats including the purchase of the truck! :2thumbs:

Finn

Put some barbed wire across the grill, that's the epitome of class right there.  :D

Nice rig man! I miss having an off road truck..
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

BIRD67

haha I did have screen door material on the grille opening for a while.. yeah 4wd is fun, especially when it works... here are soem pics, I'm trying to patch up the body.. may not be the right way, but its better than fiberglass and bondo. I got my blocks in, its soo nice not having axlewrap!

Finn

Planning on putting a winch on it?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

BIRD67

Winches are for people who plan on getting stuck  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: BIRD67 on October 16, 2011, 08:46:52 PM
Winches are for people who plan on getting stuck  :icon_smile_big:
i prefer busty wenches my self 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE