News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a steal for a 69 R/T SE ?

Started by Charger440RDN, November 01, 2010, 12:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

It seems cheap but I wold be wary about the rust.  He shows some of it but you know how things ALWAYS look better in pics.  Note the rusted roof with holes in it especially.
I'm not saying it can't be fixed, I very much think it can.  I'm just saying that the buy it now price is low for a reason and you can bet that your repairs won't be cheap.

WB General Lee

Not really cheap. I spent 15k reatoring a car that did not have rust if you want that car done right you will be spending 25-30k between motor and interior and then you have 35k and lots of headache. Time also counts for something I wouldnt get near it.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

This car came up as a "barn find" the same time the T7 Charger came up a couple weeks ago as a true "barn find".

This yellow (orig. Green) R/T is a "field find", as the roof, floors, etc. are rusted through. Will need a lot of work. The orig engine is gone - and replaced by another engine which needs work...

I'd say it is cheap - but only if it were a better starting point... :popcrn:

jaak

I'd say thats cheap for a real RT/SE, but it looks really rough in the pics. I bought a car in similar shape about 12 years ago, and eventually parted it out.

Jason

PocketThunder

ya i would pass on that car.  It may have been worth $7500 back in 2005 but not today.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The70RT

Also notice he mentioned nothing about the frame rails  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DC_1

Quote from: The70RT on November 01, 2010, 09:26:02 AM

Probably because they don't come with the car.  :icon_smile_big:

chargerboy69

Quote from: Sydmoe on November 01, 2010, 09:32:47 AM

:smilielol:

He does not mention the quarters either.  If the top is that rusty, you better believe the bottom is too.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

stripedelete

Quote from: WB General Lee on November 01, 2010, 08:39:24 AM
Not really cheap. I spent 15k reatoring a car that did not have rust if you want that car done right you will be spending 25-30k between motor and interior and then you have 35k and lots of headache. Time also counts for something I wouldnt get near it.
+1

BigBlockSam

that's a Halloween car . cause man it's scary
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Sydmoe on November 01, 2010, 09:32:47 AM

Funniest thing I have heard all week - even though it is only Monday, still great!  :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Ive never seen rockers that rusty on one of these cars.......Even the rockers on my pile were better than that.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

That rocker rust is standard for Canadian cars.

tan top

saw that the other week on Ebay !! shame  ,   that car will be like swiss cheese at best !!  if  dipped ,   you can tell just by looking !! nother CCR car there  , would be a nice car when restored  but  , loads of labour hours in that one !!   :yesnod:  not to mention , being on first name terms with the AMD rep!!  :yesnod: , if i was 20 years younger & could buy it for 2000 , i would do it though   :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger440RDN

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 01, 2010, 03:59:42 PM
Parts car.

:smilielol: Nobody has jumped on it yet either, I thought it would be gone by now.

The70RT

Quote from: Charger440RDN on November 02, 2010, 06:02:23 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 01, 2010, 03:59:42 PM
Parts car.

:smilielol: Nobody has jumped on it yet either, I thought it would be gone by now.

4 years ago it would have went quick.

Ghoste

Yeah it would have, but would we have called it a steal or another ripoff dragged out of the swamp?

green69rt

There's nothing like an one the spot inspection!!!   If you really think this may be the car for you, then hire someone to do the checkup.  It may seem expensive but it will probably pay off in the end.  If the seller doen't agree then look somewhere else!!!

rooks

It'd only be worth considering at that price if it still had the original engine.

As it sits, they're asking about twice as much as it's worth - and that's being generous.

68charger383

I think the sellers rating 98.7% says something about the car as well!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

The70RT

Quote from: 68charger383 on November 02, 2010, 11:28:36 PM
I think the sellers rating 98.7% says something about the car as well!

He did have three negative but little things. Whatever the case not showing any bottom pics or even mentioning it it is probably hurting the listing.

PocketThunder

"THE ORIGINAL COLOR IS F8 GREEN WITH THE BLACK INTERIOR AND GATOR GRAIN TOP!"

Could you get a Gator grain top in 1969?  :ahum:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 03, 2010, 09:05:06 AM
"THE ORIGINAL COLOR IS F8 GREEN WITH THE BLACK INTERIOR AND GATOR GRAIN TOP!"

Could you get a Gator grain top in 1969?  :ahum:

I have seen one on a 68  and it had wear like an original. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser