News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight motor timing

Started by Tilar, October 27, 2010, 06:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Ok, I took my headlight motor apart to check to see if the gear was ok or not. Well the gear is fine, but when I put it back together, for some reason it doesnt work. It opened when I turned the headlights on, but it doesnt close. I think I need to do something with the cam but I'm not sure what... Anyone have pics to show my dumb ass what I need to do to get this right?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Topher

Now I see what you were talking about. All you need to do is turn the thumb wheel and rotate the motor from open to close and then you can put power to it. Be careful not to do it without a load on it. You'll need a gear for sure then.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Tilar

Alright thanks, I'll give that a try.
Dave  

Tilar

Thanks Topher, I had apparently bent one of the little arms when I put it together the first time. Got it back now and it works.  I still have one door that doesnt quite close all the way without turning the motor just a little bit more.
Dave  

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com