News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Halloween...Time for the Orange and Black!

Started by TexasStroker, October 31, 2010, 02:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

I know I'm not the only one running around with some combination of Orange and Black...who else on the board is running the color combo and looks that much more forward to the fall and Halloween because of it?!

It is a sweet combo on Chargers and also looks at home on countless other Mopars!  Post up your orange and black Charger/Mopar to keep the thread rolling  :coolgleamA:

Here is a different angle than you usually see.  Della shot this as she made the rounds at Chryslers in the Canyon:

*And to add to the Halloween theme those of you that really study the picture probably noticed the foreground reflected on the passenger side...well, that long silhouette you see is of a 68 Charger, silver with GHOST flames...couldn't resist throwing that in  ;D
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

bull

moparstuart

not  a charger but here is my halloween car
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Of course I have a few.....just took these on my annual Halloween Ride ;)
Almost got arrested taking these by the NYS Park Police!   I was "parked" illegally on a walkway....they flipped their lights on their Suburban & came at me with hands on their guns!  Like WTF I was doing.... :rotz:
If anyone wants larger ones let me know ;)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

::)
"Hands on their guns"

This is why so many people lose respect for police.  Go find the bad guys please.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TexasStroker

Awesome thread to wake up to  :icon_smile_big:  Can't believe you got harassed for taking pics.  There are things that should require swift action, and things which should be simply addressed and a request made to move.  You'd think it would be pretty neat to have a classic car of any sort temporarily parked illegally to snap pics...I know I would enjoy it if it was my job.

I'll get some other shots up later...gotta jet for some Halloween pics!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

bull

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 31, 2010, 10:57:57 AM
Almost got arrested taking these by the NYS Park Police!   I was "parked" illegally on a walkway....they flipped their lights on their Suburban & came at me with hands on their guns!  Like WTF I was doing.... :rotz:

Were you wearing your turban again?

Just 6T9 CHGR

I might as well have been....I actually had to give Starsky & Hutch my licence & registration!  "You could get yerself a ticket ya know....its like parking on the grass..."

Crikies :rotz:

Heres the tools leaving....snapped the pic on the down low....they might have taken my camera!!  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

It hasn't only happened to you,..
 I'm infamous for parking where ever the hell I damn well please...  :D Notice in my Sig. Pic. I'm parked the wrong way across two Handicapped spaces... been known to leave a bit of rubber and chirp a tire now and again too.. I'm sure that helps a lot...  :lol:   :patrol:
 But it is funny how the coast watchers think we're gonna be under assault by El Quida at any moment... Nearly ten years of this skeet has worn pretty thin.. the Feds have taken over Security of the beaches and waterways and it's become a HUGE revenue windfall for anything to protect our boat ramps and fishing piers, they have put tall iron fences all around the Bay here and now there's a 10:00 pm curfew... Why?.. all the Evil Doers have to do is mail their devices Via Fed Ex..  I guess you folks in the flyover states  :icon_smile_wink: don't notice this stuff very much, but as one who loves the coast and goes there frequently - it's an awful drag to have Mr. Man staring at you with Binoculars, flying overhead every five minutes in Helos and shining search lights at you should you wanna make out with your Gal. after a nice sunset...:shruggy:   :rofl: Be Afraid be very very afraid...
Why are those Charger Reds Orange and why are the Oranges Red?..  :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Could of been like my nightmare.  last month I told 6 year old Logan who was playing video games, come on lets go for a quad ride to get him outside. Around the corner from my house on private property a young State cop came by and yelled at us.  When I said cool down were not doing anything wrong, he swung the car around like a mad man and wrote us up for driving an unregistered Motor vehicle and not securing my son.  A second car came and Logan was so scared he cried most of the time.   I wrote his commanding officer and he wrote me back that he looked into it and the officer did nothing wrong.  So now I have a 200.00 ticket and a court date.  Check out the large wide grass area we were riding on in 1st gear having a bonding time together.  My daughter had to come get Logan and I had to push the quad home.

Sorry about the hijack thread but halloween ends tomorrow anyway.  :icon_smile_big:

RD

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 31, 2010, 04:31:52 PM
Could of been like my nightmare.  last month I told 6 year old Logan who was playing video games, come on lets go for a quad ride to get him outside. Around the corner from my house on private property a young State cop came by and yelled at us.  When I said cool down were not doing anything wrong, he swung the car around like a mad man and wrote us up for driving an unregistered Motor vehicle and not securing my son.  A second car came and Logan was so scared he cried most of the time.   I wrote his commanding officer and he wrote me back that he looked into it and the officer did nothing wrong.  So now I have a 200.00 ticket and a court date.  Check out the large wide grass area we were riding on in 1st gear having a bonding time together.  My daughter had to come get Logan and I had to push the quad home.

Sorry about the hijack thread but halloween ends tomorrow anyway.  :icon_smile_big:

that is just effed up if you ask me.  i know now how that cop sleeps at night knowing he kept criminals like you and your son at bay.  powertripping SOB if you ask me.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: RD on October 31, 2010, 04:48:01 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 31, 2010, 04:31:52 PM
Could of been like my nightmare. last month I told 6 year old Logan who was playing video games, come on lets go for a quad ride to get him outside. Around the corner from my house on private property a young State cop came by and yelled at us. When I said cool down were not doing anything wrong, he swung the car around like a mad man and wrote us up for driving an unregistered Motor vehicle and not securing my son.  A second car came and Logan was so scared he cried most of the time.   I wrote his commanding officer and he wrote me back that he looked into it and the officer did nothing wrong. SO now I have a 200.00 ticket and a court date. Check out the large wide grass area we were riding on in 1st gear having a bonding time together. My daughter had to come get Logan and I had to push the quad home.

Sorry about the hijack thread but halloween ends tomorrow anyway.  :icon_smile_big:

that is just effed up if you ask me. I know now how that cop sleeps at night knowing he kept criminals like you and your son at bay.  powertripping SOB if you ask me.
Yep, that's what was written in the letter that he was unprofessional and it was all a power trip.  I could push it farther, but I try not to care. Hopefully the courts will be easy on me when I show I was on grass. Have no idea what the problem was. We live in a cow town and love the State police up the road, I told him, you have to be kidding me?  I raised all 3 kids this way.  I take him outside for some father son boding and this is what happens?

Of course it was o.k for him to cut into ongoing traffic, with no lights to tell me I'm jeopardizing my sons well being.  ::)

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

1969chargerrtse

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

doctor4766

A lot less black than orange, but sometimes looking red

Gotta love a '69

baullz

Heres a couple of my orange and black combo with 25 minutes of halloween left to spare  :icon_smile_big:

TexasStroker

Awesome...thread keeps on giving!

Here is one shot in the parking lot of Chryslers in the Canyon.  I was the last to leave and just spotted a roadrunner, not the Plymouth B-body, lol.  That made me decide to stay and snap a few more.  The angle is weird bc I had boxes full of door prizes etc in the car and this was the only way to conceal them:

And here is a shot of the Charger's set-up from last Sunday at the Hooter's Halloween Spooktacular Car Show:

I wonder if the blue oval and bowtie skeletons hanging off the Mopar pitchfork helped get any extra votes?   :rofl:
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

FlatbackFanatic

Great pics of your cars guys!!!Sorry about the problems with the Cops, that really sux.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

PocketThunder

Chris i think fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror went out of style in the 50's.  but maybe its back in style, who knows?..?? 
:icon_smile_big:

Here is my late addition.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Not to hijack the thread however, I gotta know - wheel mfr./size, offset, website/source, etc.?

PocketThunder

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 01, 2010, 12:00:33 PM
Not to hijack the thread however, I gotta know - wheel mfr./size, offset, website/source, etc.?

THere is a thread on here all about them.  Do a search in General Discussion.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Believe it or not Bull posted the link in the second reply in this thread.....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69757.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 01, 2010, 06:01:24 PM

Believe it or not Bull posted the link in the second reply in this thread.....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69757.0.html

Thanks!