News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 magnum resto camshaft

Started by bobfist, October 30, 2010, 04:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

Hi!
wondering if Mopar new resto 440 magnum camshaft are three bolted or single bolted

Tony

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

John_Kunkel

Depends on which resto cam, the resto Six Pack cam is 3-bolt but the 383/440 Magnum resto cam is single-bolt.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

doctor4766

Just be careful if you're ordering a MP cam.
I ordered one from Mancini and to cut a long story short it was a 509 lift incorrectly packaged and caused me all sorts of grief over a long period of time with the engine not running as it should.
Seems they are color coded on the end of the shaft so make sure yours is correct before install.
Gotta love a '69

bobfist

oh, not good!
thats the store im buying from :(
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

b5blue

The grind is the same except the 3 bolt Six Pack has a reduced taper, with the new crappy oils out that one may be a better choice. I'm running the one bolt resto and like it on my daily driver. (But I wish I'd gotten the 3 bolt for just that reason.)   :2thumbs:

bobfist

this one on Machini racing isnt that good then?

yd. - 268 / 284 Duration - 450 / 458 Lift
Resto, 383/440 Magnum Super Commando Road Runner
$193.95
MOPP4452783
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

b5blue

No it's fine, that's the one I got, it's the old school RR grind. Good vacuum at idle and very street-able. There not "cutting edge in cam tech." but my build was old school anyway, stock 346 heads, .060 overbore 9.5 to 1 Speed Pro's with a stock vintage six-pack all going out through HP ex. manifolds. I bought many parts as I could afford them and the timing gear set was bought before the cam. Later research showed the six-pack likes that profile so I had to ether buy the 3 hole gear or use that cam. My car is a daily driver so with that in mind and having "lived with the lumpy 509" a long time I wanted ease of tuning and drive-ability over bigger HP. Firefighter (Ron) can steer you to a modern grind that would work better probably.   :2thumbs: