News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did any one do Dodge Viper striping on a 68/69/70 Charger?

Started by PatrickPeeters, October 29, 2010, 11:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickPeeters

I'm wondering if it looks cool?
So if some one did something like that, like too see it on a Charger 2gen.

Also thinking about coloring it, (charcoal) black and dark grey (almost invisible on black) Viper striping....

Patrick  :punkrocka:

Just 6T9 CHGR

This car is in Japan....single stripe
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PatrickPeeters

The stripe looks to small, that's not what I planning to do....
My luck it will take some time to deicide, not ready for paint at all.
Hoping there are more who looks somewhat better.
:lol:

Brock Samson

wasn't there a red SEMA Charger ''68 with white stripes?.. a couple years ago, but the thin ones as well.

PatrickPeeters

Seen (i think) a silver Charger on a show (guess SEMA) which was in the back when some interviewer was talking to Foose.....
Don't know what year the interview was, strolled several pages of pics from Chargers at SEMA without success, and got a little tired of searching, lost hope to find it...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PatrickPeeters

Looks a little better I think, need to see one with two stripes, I think symmetric looks better.....
Plus I want a suddle change in color.... somewhat like challenger...try post another pic

moparstuart

dual stripes on the hood and truck seem to more of a GM concept , I hated it when foose always does that on mopars he builds .     NO CHEVY STRIPES FOR ME  :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PatrickPeeters

Quote from: moparstuart on October 29, 2010, 02:26:59 PM
dual stripes on the hood and truck seem to more of a GM concept , I hated it when foose always does that on mopars he builds .     NO CHEVY STRIPES FOR ME  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Mopar does it factory default.

PatrickPeeters

Another one suddle.......
Still wondering if it looks nice on 2nd gen

moparstuart

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on October 29, 2010, 02:37:10 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 29, 2010, 02:26:59 PM

Mopar does it factory default.
hood is fine but dont do them over the top and onto the trunk also  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PatrickPeeters

Still wondering on a chevy and on new cars it looks nice.......Does it look nice on 2nd gen Charger? :scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on October 29, 2010, 02:44:20 PM
Still wondering on a chevy and on new cars it looks nice.......Does it look nice on 2nd gen Charger? :scratchchin:

no...I agree with Stuart   hood is OK roof & trunk, not so much  :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PatrickPeeters

Thinking about the best way to do a custom paint job without messing up the car.
Seems no one did something like that, maybe it just isn't looking good.
Charcoal seems always to get my interest, also like to see a 68 or 69 in charcoal....

JPL

Someone should do this, front, top, back, spoiler and steering wheel!

PatrickPeeters

:yesnod:
Looks ok on this car, but on a 2nd gen, I don't know....

PatrickPeeters

Think of buying a model 1:18 start with a black marker!!!

E5 Charger

Pure Vision design might not like that I borrowed their photo, but here is a quick photoshop.

PatrickPeeters

Woah!!! That looks cooler then 1 stripe....
Make it black and dark grey striping......and you're my favorite guy today!!!! :2thumbs:

E5 Charger

speedfreak68

wow,  :o That looks pretty good! I realize that this isn't the photoshop thread but could you take that view of a charger and make it silver with one wide black stripe goin down the center. I had DS do one a long time ago, but it wasn't a overhead view like that. If you could do this for me it would be awesome!

Brock Samson

If it just came out of the hood scoops and skipped the roof... I think I might like it... maybe..  :shruggy:

PatrickPeeters

I think I like it......getting in the direction I want it.
Think want a little bit more like the new Charger not as plain in sight darker faded striping.

Quote from: E5 Charger on November 04, 2010, 09:07:57 AM
How's this?

PatrickPeeters

Need to play around with it definitely what or what not to do...
But heej need a lott of stuff done to the car before we can spray some paint.

Just notice the guy in the car is driving on the wrong side of the track!

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 04, 2010, 11:22:04 AM

If it just came out of the hood scoops and skipped the roof... I think I might like it... maybe..  :shruggy: