News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help me keep my glove box to stay closed any ideas?

Started by 69Beeman, October 29, 2010, 09:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Beeman

HI everybody I know this sounds stupid but i have a 68 and a 69 charger. Both cars have the same goofy problem. "when you drive the car the glove box pops open!" This can get annoying and also could be dangerous.
Do other people have this issue? What can I do to fix it. I have tried differant latches and different adjustments ,with know luck . Maybe someone has a fix. Thanks Cj

PatrickPeeters

Annoying for sure, but dangerous,   :lol: how come slapping passenger in the face?

Take a look here , you're not the only one, this might help....
:hah:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67814.0.html

Patrick  :punkrocka:

68 RT

I just keep mine locked. This was after trying all diffrent adjustments shims etc. Has not come open for 4 years.  :cheers:

PatrickPeeters

OLD stuff often have gremlins, what do you do about it?

moparguy01

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on October 29, 2010, 12:14:48 PM
OLD stuff often have gremlins, what do you do about it?

Duct tape. Hold those gremlins in check.  :2thumbs:

honestly its just adjustments, some cars take longer than others to get right. The worst one I ever had needed about 1/4" of shims to make it latch.

Patronus

I noticed the catch from the door really does not engage the latch on the dash frame very well, try raising it up with some washers.  :shruggy:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

ramairthree

Quote from: Patronus on October 30, 2010, 04:26:19 PM
I noticed the catch from the door really does not engage the latch on the dash frame very well, try raising it up with some washers.  :shruggy:

yeah, that sounds way better than hitting it with some gasket maker or velcro

PatrickPeeters

My 69 has a lock, My 68 hasn't a lock. are there 68 who have?