News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69' Charger Side Glass installation:

Started by Captain D, October 31, 2010, 07:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

We're re-installing the front side glass on my 69' Charger. I didn't remove it; they did at the body-shop, so it's a learning experience in installing it. Here's the run-down w/ what we've done so far...

Basically, I was able to get the window crank mechanism installed and allowed the glass to raise and lower by allowing it to run along the horizontal wheel (that sets in the crank mechanism). We also have a new vent window and used it to help guide the glass up and down as well. But, just as we think we got it, it wants to pop out of the vent window grooves.

I think part of the problem is getting the vent window bolted in correctly to help guide the window up. But, there is a hole (about the size of a dime) on the rear right corner on each of the glass and I'm not sure what it is to be used for. Is it something absolutely necessary to have? Any installation tips, tutorial, and specific things to look for would be great for this newbie...

Thank you,
Aaron

1969chargerrtse

Use the search engine, there are several threads with pictures.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Shakey

Check out my Interior Installation thread as I may have put some pictures of my glass being installed in there.  It's been so long....

Patronus

I saw that thread awhile back, was just talking about it today. And thanks!, I will be needing that soon too.  :cheers:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE