News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally got to drive my charger....

Started by Bandit72, December 27, 2005, 01:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

well, only for afew blocks (no tags or insurance yet) when i bought the car, some druggy had tried to put the tranny in it himself, well he had it bolted up sideways, where nothing was lining up, and only had 1 bolt in the converter. so me and my buddy pulled the tranny back out, so we could get it up in there the right way, got everything bolted up right, went to hit the starter and nothing happend..   :flame:  the starter the guy gave me and claimed was "new and tested good" didn't work. Well we quickly realized that we couldn't get to the starter cause the headers were in the way (if anyone has an easier way to get the starter out please tell me) so we pulled the header off, got the starter off, got  a new one, replaced it, bolted everything back up (after welding up a hole in the header we had found). and yesterday afternoon, we were able to put it in gear and drive away in it....i'm so stoked...

oh, one question, i have a chance to get a 8&3/4 rearend housing and axels out of a 69 charger, is there a difference between 69 rearends and 72 rearends?

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

bull

Quote from: Bandit72 on December 27, 2005, 01:15:23 PM
well, only for afew blocks (no tags or insurance yet) when i bought the car, some druggy had tried to put the tranny in it himself, well he had it bolted up sideways, where nothing was lining up, and only had 1 bolt in the converter. so me and my buddy pulled the tranny back out, so we could get it up in there the right way, got everything bolted up right, went to hit the starter and nothing happend..     :flame:   the starter the guy gave me and claimed was "new and tested good" didn't work. Well we quickly realized that we couldn't get to the starter cause the headers were in the way (if anyone has an easier way to get the starter out please tell me) so we pulled the header off, got the starter off, got   a new one, replaced it, bolted everything back up (after welding up a hole in the header we had found). and yesterday afternoon, we were able to put it in gear and drive away in it....i'm so stoked...

oh, one question, i have a chance to get a 8&3/4 rearend housing and axels out of a 69 charger, is there a difference between 69 rearends and 72 rearends?

later   :icon_smile_cool:

Sounds like my first drive in my '68. I went about 1/4 mile at 2 mph because the brakes were shot and I had a bad vibration due to the tranny being loose from the engine. That's the only time I've driven it since buying it almost two years ago. Now it's in a million pieces and the body is in the paint shop. I'm guessing the next time I drive it things will be working much better.

Silver R/T

lol well I drove my Charger when I bought it missing lug nuts as I couldnt find any left hand threaded ones, then when radiator heated up it started smoking cause some dirt was stuck in it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

andy74

the one big advantage of having a dealer plate!good deal bud,now get her legal before you do it again,for your own piece of mind

RD

congrats! sounds awesome.  the 69 axle will not fit under your charger, it is too narrow.  the only way you can get it to fit is if you put in a spring relocation kit and well that is a lot of work.  get the axle anyways, you may be able to trade or sell it for a 3rd gen axle.  again congrats.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander