News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Challenger Is In The Rod's Shop , It's Done

Started by 71ChallengeHer, October 26, 2010, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Happy to see you are able to do some work on the car.   :2thumbs: Just be careful of the snowball effect..  :eek2:

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 27, 2010, 07:52:40 PM
Don't worry Tuffy, I'm on a budget , I can only go so far.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 26, 2010, 09:09:56 PM
Don't worry, I'll be over helping. It will be there until I'm out of money.  :rofl: :rofl:

Quote from: tan top on October 28, 2010, 03:03:05 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 28, 2010, 02:57:06 PM
Update, the head gaskets are leaking.  :brickwall: :brickwall:

oh crikey  :icon_smile_blackeye:  !! aint that always the way , do one thing then something else needs work !!  !! good excuse for ported & polished/gasketmached heads now ! or aftermarket ones  :yesnod: ,
..... then a cam swap & intake then ...... ;)
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71ChallengeHer

Rod's getting a little more work done. He found a few more problems. Looks like some one put an 8 1/4 in out of a 69 B-body. instead of moving the perches. They drilled holes to move the leaf springs.    :faint:   So maybe a correct 8 3/4 , if I can find one. Or . he's moving the perches.  The grille is out , ready to be restored.

71ChallengeHer

:icon_smile_big:

71ChallengeHer

More parts are coming off.

71ChallengeHer

::)      Nice holes.  The new leaf spring and the old one.

71ChallengeHer

Shelby loves this 58 Buick      :shruggy:

Alaskan_TA

Weird fix, less tire clearance that way.

I wonder if your old springs would fit my heap.  :scratchchin:

Tell Shelby that the Buick would look great in pink with Hello-Kitty upholstery.  :o

tan top

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on November 14, 2010, 12:53:17 PM
Rod's getting a little more work done. He found a few more problems. Looks like some one put an 8 1/4 in out of a 69 B-body. instead of moving the perches. They drilled holes to move the leaf springs.    :faint:   So maybe a correct 8 3/4 , if I can find one. Or . he's moving the perches.  The grille is out , ready to be restored.

thats crazy  :o  could not have been that hard to find the correct rear end ?????????????????????   :shruggy::scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 14, 2010, 02:59:06 PM
Weird fix, less tire clearance that way.

I wonder if your old springs would fit my heap.  :scratchchin:

Tell Shelby that the Buick would look great in pink with Hello-Kitty upholstery.  :o
Barry, I don't think they are in that great of shape. Shelby said she would love that Buick more in pink.  :nana:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on November 14, 2010, 04:02:39 PM
nice work your chally is beautiful  :2thumbs:
Thanks.  :cheers:  I just ordered 14 x 7 Ralleys for the back. And reinforcing plates for the leaf springs.  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Hi Jackie, 14" tires are getting harder and harder to find these days. You should hold off buying new 14X7 wheels.

I would suggest staying with the wheels and tires you have right now. You can always buy new 15" wheels and tires in all four corners at a later date. I've seen your car a few times and the current wheel/tire combo looks really nice.  Hey, if its not broke don't fix it. :icon_smile_wink:

By the way that old Buick would be the CAT'S ASS in Hello Kitty Pink! :icon_smile_tongue:

greenpigs

With some peal white tuck & roll to complete the look.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

XS29L9B2

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on November 14, 2010, 04:16:32 PM
Thanks.  :cheers:  I just ordered 14 x 7 Ralleys for the back. And reinforcing plates for the leaf springs.  :2thumbs:

good work
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

71ChallengeHer

A little more progress. Rod fixed some stuff on the kickdown linkage. Fitting up the leaf springs. He's taking the heads off right now.   The Chally has some very good company

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 14, 2010, 09:40:56 PM
Hi Jackie, 14" tires are getting harder and harder to find these days. You should hold off buying new 14X7 wheels.

I would suggest staying with the wheels and tires you have right now. You can always buy new 15" wheels and tires in all four corners at a later date. I've seen your car a few times and the current wheel/tire combo looks really nice.  Hey, if its not broke don't fix it. :icon_smile_wink:

By the way that old Buick would be the CAT'S ASS in Hello Kitty Pink! :icon_smile_tongue:
Tufcat,  Well you were right.    :cheers:  So canceled the order on 14 x 7 's . Going with a 15 x 7 on the back. I'll let you know on the tire size.

bakerhillpins

Some good company indeed!   :drool5:

Its like your looking up the old girls skirt.  :o
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71ChallengeHer

The Cuda is a 4 speed car too.  :icon_smile_big: A good friend of mine's. I told him I was gonna take it for a spin today. He said don't burn too much rubber off.  :rofl: :rofl:  I'm still trying to find a 8 3/4 locally. Steve called today said " where's my chili ? " I said " where's my rear end ? " He said " on your back "  :smilielol: :smilielol:  Hopefully , I'll find out tomorrow.  :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

You should have told Steve that you want one that does not have a crack in it.  :scratchchin:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 18, 2010, 08:53:37 PM
You should have told Steve that you want one that does not have a crack in it.  :scratchchin:
Barry, Why do I drink tea and read your posts ?  :smilielol: :smilielol:  Thank you so much for all your help . We wouldn't be getting things back to being right without you. Everything you have sent me , has helped Rod out a lot.  :cheers:  I owe you a case of Lager , when you get back down here.  :cheers: :cheers:

TUFCAT

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on November 18, 2010, 03:04:59 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on November 14, 2010, 09:40:56 PM

Tufcat,  Well you were right.    :cheers:  So canceled the order on 14 x 7 's . Going with a 15 x 7 on the back. I'll let you know on the tire size.

15X7's will be perfect.  :cheers:

greenpigs

If you find an 8 3/4 what gear are you going with?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Alaskan_TA

Ha! Gotcha.  :nana:

I had chili with lunch today, it was OK, but compared to yours it sucked.    :P

Did someone mention free beer?  :icon_smile_big: